Windows 10: MDB Shortcut Opens In Another Access Taskbar Icon

Discus and support MDB Shortcut Opens In Another Access Taskbar Icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I previously was using Microsoft Office 2016 standalone. I had created a shortcut for "C:\Program Files\Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dan Needer, Apr 5, 2019.

1. MDB Shortcut Opens In Another Access Taskbar Icon

Hi,

I previously was using Microsoft Office 2016 standalone. I had created a shortcut for

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\MSACCESS.EXE" D:\MediaDB\MoviesMusic.accdb

and pinned it to my taskbar. When I clicked on it, MDB file would open using the same taskbar icon that I clicked.

Now, I have upgraded to Office 365 Home and I have re-created the same shortcut

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\MSACCESS.EXE" D:\MediaDB\MoviesMusic.accdb

and again pinned it to my taskbar, but when I click on it, the it opens Access in a new icon and opens my MDB.

MDB Shortcut Opens In Another Access Taskbar Icon 2f67aa9a-790d-4dd8-8711-b49f6d896241?upload=true.png

The first Access icon is my shortcut. The last Access icon is the one that opens when I click on the first one. This never happened before.

Thank you in advance!

:)

Dan Needer, Apr 5, 2019

2. Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I know I am quite late but as I was scrolling through I saw this post which happened to one of friend too. This sometimes happens with Windows. Usually a reboot will solve the problem. However if this doesn't, try setting the icon for the shortcut(right-click pinned icon, right-click program, left-click properties, select "change icon...") or refreshing it by switching to a different icon, applying it, and then reverting back to the original icon. Remove the shortcut from the taskbar and replace it with the start menu shortcut or simply drag the .exe file to the taskbar.

lorraine walsh, Apr 5, 2019
  3. How do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to add a shortcut to the taskbar in Windows 10. You are right that there is no option to pin the shortcut to the taskbar. However, you should be able to drag and drop the shortcut to the taskbar. If you are unable
    to do that try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

• Open the network connection page by clicking on the shortcut.
    • Once that page is open, you could see the same in the taskbar.
    • Now, right click on the icon of network connection in the taskbar which is representing your shortcut.
    • Select the option pin to the taskbar.
    • Now the shortcut will be pinned to the taskbar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 5, 2019
  4. MDB Shortcut Opens In Another Access Taskbar Icon

Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

MDB Shortcut Opens In Another Access Taskbar Icon

1. MDB Shortcut Opens In Another Access Taskbar Icon - Similar Threads - MDB Shortcut Opens

2. Can't open or recover Access mdb file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open or recover Access mdb file: I can't access my Access file that I had worked on and saved. I already did my work, saved and the file was opening nicely, but I do not know what happened. It stopped opening and if I try to delete the file it says, it is open in the Access database, but it is nowhere. I...
  3. Can't open or recover Access mdb file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open or recover Access mdb file: I can't access my Access file that I had worked on and saved. I already did my work, saved and the file was opening nicely, but I do not know what happened. It stopped opening and if I try to delete the file it says, it is open in the Access database, but it is nowhere. I...
  4. Open 'People' with Shortcut or Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open 'People' with Shortcut or Taskbar: Hello Community,I was searching for an option to open 'People' or address book as an single application. Now I can open it with 'outlook' but can't open it in the taskbar or with a shortcut on the desktop or the menu.I found a topic to this which provides a solution and a...
  5. Open 'People' with Shortcut or Taskbar

Open 'People' with Shortcut or Taskbar: Hello Community,I was searching for an option to open 'People' or address book as an single application. Now I can open it with 'outlook' but can't open it in the taskbar or with a shortcut on the desktop or the menu.I found a topic to this which provides a solution and a...
  6. how can i open an Access file (mdb) as an administrator?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can i open an Access file (mdb) as an administrator?: how can i open an Access file (mdb) as an administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-open-an-access-file-mdb-as-an/bd77bf69-2c0b-461d-8052-1e79eb4c7b5d"
  7. converting Access .mdb back-end to MySQL?

in Windows 10 Customization
    converting Access .mdb back-end to MySQL?: I'm investigating converting my Access program back-end to MySQL and am looking for information about what would be involved and what, if any, changes it would require on the front-end. I'd appreciate just references to respected information sources. Gordon...
  8. Icon for pinned taskbar shortcut reverts to target icon when opened

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon for pinned taskbar shortcut reverts to target icon when opened: If you pin an item to the taskbar, you can change the icon for that pinned item. Right? No problem. My problem is that when I click on that pinned item, the icon I chose for the shortcut goes away and Windows displays the icon coded into this particular .EXE file. I cannot...
  9. Program shortcut opens another "running" icon in taskbar

Program shortcut opens another "running" icon in taskbar: Hi Guys, I have Firefox pinned to my taskbar, but when I run the program, it opens up another icon in the taskbar to indicate that it's running. The other browser I use does not do that. In fact, I do not remember Firefox doing that previously. It will just "underscores"...
  10. Taskbar shortcut icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar shortcut icons disappeared: After checking and configuring my router I went to the regular desktop view which is plain and looks like Win7 Only the quick access, internet icon, notices, lanquage and clock icons were visible. I had created a new toolbar which referenced the start menu in Windows...