Windows 10: MDT 2013 Task Sequence hangs second partition on diskpart on VMware

Discus and support MDT 2013 Task Sequence hangs second partition on diskpart on VMware in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using MDT and trying to install Windows 10 1909 on a VMware machine. During WinPE, Task Sequence hangs when creating second partition (OS).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by joramos, Dec 17, 2019.

1. joramos Win User

MDT 2013 Task Sequence hangs second partition on diskpart on VMware

Hi,
    I'm using MDT and trying to install Windows 10 1909 on a VMware machine.
    During WinPE, Task Sequence hangs when creating second partition (OS). Pressing F8 to debug doesn't work.
    The VM is set to Legacy, not EFI.
    The Task Sequence works on a physical machine. It used to work and don't understand why it doesn't work anymore.
    Any idea how to debug this ?
    Thank you very much for your comments.
    Best Regards,
    Jo

:)

joramos, Dec 17, 2019
  2. VollCorn Win User

Can the Windows 10 Pro free upgrade be automated using a MDT task sequence?

Can the Windows 10 Pro free upgrade be automated using a MDT task sequence? I have a number of customers who are using Windows 8 Pro and have a volume activation key. They want to take advantage of the Windows 10 Pro free upgrade for their end users and
    want the process automated using a MDT task sequence

VollCorn, Dec 17, 2019
  3. MDT 2013 Update 2 - Imaging Windows 10 Pro x64

Hi Guys,

I am completely stumped why MDT 2013 will not deploy a basic image of windows 10 from the source files I have added. My deployment share works perfectly fine for windows 7.

So I have done the following:

• Imported Windows 10 pro x64.iso , with source files (downloaded from MVLMS)
    • Created a "standard Task Sequence" with default settings (pointing to this image)
    • Created a selection profile for the windows 10 drivers on the device (known to be working)
    The task sequence gets roughly 50% way through and then throws an error "the windows 10 installation failed to complete" this error occurs shortly after a message that states devices ready 100%.

The logs indicate that it's trying to run a command that can only be run within a windows environment, however that is the extent of the error recorded.

Thanks

Matt

MattyMiller87, Dec 17, 2019
  4. THMO Win User

MDT 2013 Update 2013 Build 8298 - Sysprep "disconnects" NIC

Hello Guys

We have upgraded our MDT 2013 to Update 1 build 8298.

And we have quite a few issues that we didn't have before.

We have some pretty simple task sequences we use to build images, one for each OS. Currently
    Windows 7x64, Windows 8.1x64 and Windows 10x64. Each os has a separate virtual machine in our VMware environment. We don't capture the image in MDT since our deployment system requires and older WinPE to run (Capasystems.com).

I pick the Syspreb task so it does what needs to be done at the end of the build. Shutdown the machine when it's done, pxe boot into capa and then proceed to capture the image.

This is pretty basic and has worked in the past.

After the upgrade I boot from the litetouch ISO like we normally do and using a VMxnet3 driver make the connection to the share and this runs smoothly all the way to the sysprep part.

When the machine is done syspreping it completely "drops all network connections" and the build "fails". See the attached pictures.

I'm having a hard time figuring out why this happens - Any ideas?

Tried with different drivers, old and new. Even tried running it on hyper-v but it yields the same results. Every task sequence was built from scratch since the format part was changed.

Windows 7 - same for Windows 10

MDT 2013 Task Sequence hangs second partition on diskpart on VMware [​IMG]

Thema:

1. MDT 2013 Task Sequence hangs second partition on diskpart on VMware - Similar Threads - MDT 2013 Task

2. MDT 2013 & Microsoft Update Catalog Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MDT 2013 & Microsoft Update Catalog Updates: Hiya,I have two issues here, which I'm hoping someone maybe able to assist.Firstly, could you kindly help me figure out why MDT doesn't seem to be pushing out packages through the Package folder, from what I gather it's possible to have an isolated deployment environment...
  3. MDT 2013 & Microsoft Update Catalog Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MDT 2013 & Microsoft Update Catalog Updates: Hiya,I have two issues here, which I'm hoping someone maybe able to assist.Firstly, could you kindly help me figure out why MDT doesn't seem to be pushing out packages through the Package folder, from what I gather it's possible to have an isolated deployment environment...
  4. SCCM Task sequence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SCCM Task sequence: When Creating an application task sequence and adding a general "Restart Computer" task, the computer wont restart automatically, I have to log into windows for the task to take effect. For debugging purposes this is an available task sequence but will be deployed as required...
  5. SCCM Task sequence

in Windows 10 Customization
    SCCM Task sequence: When Creating an application task sequence and adding a general "Restart Computer" task, the computer wont restart automatically, I have to log into windows for the task to take effect. For debugging purposes this is an available task sequence but will be deployed as required...
  6. SCCM Task sequence

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Boot sequence hangs.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot sequence hangs.: I shut down the PC in the evening using the menu option. When I start the PC next day the disk lamp lights up for some few second but then it hangs. I can see the boot screen but not any rotating dots. If i do a hard power down hold the power button wait some ten seconds...
  8. MDT task sequence - Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MDT task sequence - Bitlocker: Hey. Im trying to enable bitlocker automaticly. My goal is to have best encryption, full drive encryption and TPM + alphanumerical PIN. There are 2 tasks i have: enable bitlocker offline that executes ztibde script And enable bitlocker task With both enabled my end result...
  9. MDT 2013 Deployment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MDT 2013 Deployment: we distribution OS of Chinese and Korean by MDT 2013 deployment, so I want to manually set language and time , but unable to activated when I was changed MDT Rules as the following, what should i do [Settings] Priority=Default Properties=MyCustomProperty [Default] :...
  10. MDT 2013 Update 2013 Build 8298 - Sysprep "disconnects" NIC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MDT 2013 Update 2013 Build 8298 - Sysprep "disconnects" NIC: Hello Guys We have upgraded our MDT 2013 to Update 1 build 8298. And we have quite a few issues that we didn't have before. We have some pretty simple task sequences we use to build images, one for each OS. Currently Windows 7x64, Windows 8.1x64 and Windows...