Windows 10: MDT and wds problem

Discus and support MDT and wds problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, is have a problem with deploying windows 10 LTSC 1809 I installed a windows ltsc 1809 and customized it in audit mode with answer file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mohsenten, Jan 2, 2020.

1. mohsenten Win User

MDT and wds problem

Hi, is have a problem with deploying windows 10 LTSC 1809
    I installed a windows ltsc 1809 and customized it in audit mode with answer file copyprofile=true and run litetouch.vbs in deployment share and captured it. But my problem is: after deploying the image on new machine the search in start menu don't work and windows is very slowly. Please help me for this problem. Thanks a lot .... .

:)

mohsenten, Jan 2, 2020
  2. Brad7623 Win User

WDS/MDT and Imaging non ethernet devices

Hey All,

I currently use WDS/MDT for deploying images to all of our machines, but with everything going to no ethernet ports how are you all imaging devices?

We are changing tablets to a non ethernet device and I am looking for the best/fastest way to image machines. My original thoughts were to build my image and store the ISO on a bootable flash drive, but not sure on how long that would take to image..

Currently deploying win 7 64 bit enterprise, looking to move to windows 10 in the coming months.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Mods if this is in the wrong section please move it.

Thanks!

Brad7623, Jan 2, 2020
  3. mike39sm Win User
    MDT Multicast

Hello Everyone,

I am new to MDT multicast and was hoping someone can answer my question, I set my MDT server up for multicast and it goes all the way to 99% and I watch it in the WDS console under my deployment share, I can see three clients and when they reach 99% and
    I hit refresh the clients disappear which i think means it reached 100% but then on the client side its rolls back to installing operating system and starts the percent count again. Is multicast on MDT work different, does it first download the image to one
    computer and once downloaded it distributes that one image to all others . I found an article below that explains how it should work but I am not sure if I am understanding it correctly.

Here is the overall process:

• ClientA starts a multicast session to download Win7SP1x86.wim from the MDT/WDS Server.
    • When the broadcast session of Win7SP1x86.wim reaches 25%, ClientB joins the session in progress. ClientB knows that it missed the first ¼ of the Win7SP1x86.wim file, so it starts writing 25% into its local copy of Win7SP1x86.wim.
    • When the multicast session reaches 100% of Win7SP1x86.wim, ClientA is done and drops off. However, ClientB is still missing the first ¼ of the file, and stays on the multicast chanel as it restarts (rolls back) to zero.
    • Eventually the multicast session of Win7SP1x86.wim reaches the 25% mark where ClientB first joined. ClientB now has 100% of the file and drops off. No clients are connected, and the server stops broadcasting.

mike39sm, Jan 2, 2020
  4. SarahKong Win User

MDT and wds problem

SarahKong, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

MDT and wds problem

1. MDT and wds problem - Similar Threads - MDT wds problem

2. UEFI pxe boot problem with WDS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI pxe boot problem with WDS: Hello all,Recently, we purchased gigabyte H510M S2P motherboards and I could not enable legacybios mode to install windows from WDS server. When i enable CSM on mitherboard to boot with bios it hangs on bios boot screen, so I enabled network stack to be able to boot from uefi...
  3. UEFI pxe boot problem with WDS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UEFI pxe boot problem with WDS: Hello all,Recently, we purchased gigabyte H510M S2P motherboards and I could not enable legacybios mode to install windows from WDS server. When i enable CSM on mitherboard to boot with bios it hangs on bios boot screen, so I enabled network stack to be able to boot from uefi...
  4. WDS server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WDS server: Hi teamI have WDS server. And i captured customizing windows 10 and it is working well with the laptops. Now i need to upgrade the captured image with Win11 but I can't take windows capture with sysprep. Is there any solution for Win 11 ? or if there are any other solutions...
  5. WDS server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WDS server: Hi teamI have WDS server. And i captured customizing windows 10 and it is working well with the laptops. Now i need to upgrade the captured image with Win11 but I can't take windows capture with sysprep. Is there any solution for Win 11 ? or if there are any other solutions...
  6. WDS server

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Creating deployment process with WDS/MDT.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating deployment process with WDS/MDT.: Hi, I am a Help Desk Analyst and am being challenged with learning sysAdmin tasks. I've been tasked with setting up a deployment process, and I have been trying for a few weeks now to deploy an image with WDS/MDT. I've searched the internet hard trying to figure it out but...
  8. Can MDT/WDS deploy only recovery, efi & C Partition ?

Can MDT/WDS deploy only recovery, efi & C Partition ?: Hello, Want to learn about MDT/WDS but have a very specific requirement. I've to deploy Windows 10 64 bit on 15 computers which already have lots of data in their D & E partitions. Taking their backup & restoring them after deployment is not practical. So I want to install...
  9. unable to login after a win10 1803 MDT/WDS deployment

unable to login after a win10 1803 MDT/WDS deployment: I was able to create and deploy a win10 1803 image containing a number of software packages, the deployment ends with no errors, it joins a domain. Everything worked fine with the first set of computers. However it is not working right for some other computers which have...
  10. WDS activation ...?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WDS activation ...?: Hi All. After the last update a week ago , now I have a message asking me to activate windows .. My windows 8.1 came with the HP laptop and upgraded to 10 about a year ago .. What is the problem ..? how do I fix this ..? Thanks . [img] [img] 87128