Windows 10: MDT capture insider Preview 19041

Discus and support MDT capture insider Preview 19041 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello and thanks for a little help, we deploy windows in our office with mdt - now we are experiment with the preview 19041 (20h1). We have installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Powersmile, Feb 12, 2020.

1. MDT capture insider Preview 19041

Hello and thanks for a little help,

we deploy windows in our office with mdt - now we are experiment with the preview 19041 (20h1). We have installed mdt 8456, adk preview 19041 and win pe preview 19041

When I try to capture a reference Image - MDT starts and after the first reboot mdts process is gone or stop and the machine boot normal.

with the build 1903 we did not have this problem.

thanks

:)

Powersmile, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Jerry T Win User

Questions regarding sysprep and capture in MDT

I have a question regarding the sysprep and capture function in MDT 2013.

I have done a sysprep & capture on a Windows 10x64 machine with software and drivers included using MDT.

So the next step I did was to deploy the captured .iso file onto a new machine which had the usual configuration steps including setting up the computer name, timezone and keyboard layout etc and everything was start up fine and all the software and drivers were also configured & installed properly.

However, the issue is that machine's SID and computer name were completely the same as the one I ran the sysprep & capture on. Was this supposed to be like this? Because I did some research and a sysprep is supposed to change the SID as it is treated as a new machine. Also, I did configure a new computer name for the machine during the deployment setup but I have no idea why its the same name as the other machine.
    I would appreciate any answers given. Thank you.

Jerry T, Feb 12, 2020
  3. TomW11 Win User
    MDT Stops capturing after 3470 kb

Hi Michael,

Would you be kind enough to share how you got your WIM to capture to network. Was it specific rules you setup in your customsettings.ini or additional steps in your SCCM/MDT Task Sequence?

I'm able to get my offline WIM captured but it stores it local in C:\Statestore. I already tried adding these variables to my customsettings.ini but it does not send the WIM to network share:

Optional Full WIM Backup

ComputerBackupLocation=NETWORK

BackupShare=\\lax-scm-15\offline_wim_backups$

BackupDir=LA_Backups

BackupFile=%OSDComputername%.wim

Thanks

TomW11, Feb 12, 2020
  4. MDT capture insider Preview 19041

Importing Win10 into MDT 2013

I was unable to import it using the install that was available for free download. However, I got it working with the download that I got directly from the volume licensing center.

Still having issues capturing an image with it though. Getting a failure after running Litetouch, just before the sysprep phase. I read somewhere that MDT 2013 update 1 preview isn't working with later builds of the tech preview, or the final build. Assuming
    we have to wait for another MDT update.

BostonDerek, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

MDT capture insider Preview 19041

1. MDT capture insider Preview 19041 - Similar Threads - MDT capture insider

2. not able to capture image using MDT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not able to capture image using MDT: not able to capture image using MDT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-capture-image-using-mdt/b7400d7a-0806-48e3-bf5a-78eb2bc08b7e
  3. not able to capture image using MDT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not able to capture image using MDT: not able to capture image using MDT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-capture-image-using-mdt/b7400d7a-0806-48e3-bf5a-78eb2bc08b7e
  4. Windows insider build 19041-191206-1406

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows insider build 19041-191206-1406: I have windows insider preview build 19041-191206-1406 for windows 10 pro on my hp laptop and it keeps crashing my system causing major start up problems the it will work for a bit the crash again I've tried to do startup repair from windows 10 home USB but I can't seem to...
  5. microsoft deployment tool MDT capture image error

microsoft deployment tool MDT capture image error: PASTEBIN2022-03-01 15:52:35, Info SYSPRP ============================== - Pastebin.com2022-03-01 15:52:35, Info SYSPRP ======================================================== 2022-03-01 15:52:35, Info SYSPRP === Beginning of a new sysprep run === 2022-03-01 15:52:35, Info...
  6. Cannot Capture User State with MDT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Capture User State with MDT: Cannot Capture User State with MDTEach time it fails with this line...<![LOG[FAILURE 9709 : Architecture of the original Operating System could not be determined]LOG]!><time="13:47:30.000+000" date="02-15-2022" component="ZTIUserState" context="" type="3" thread=""...
  7. Cannot Capture User State with MDT

Cannot Capture User State with MDT: Cannot Capture User State with MDTEach time it fails with this line...<![LOG[FAILURE 9709 : Architecture of the original Operating System could not be determined]LOG]!><time="13:47:30.000+000" date="02-15-2022" component="ZTIUserState" context="" type="3" thread=""...
  8. Cannot Capture User State with MDT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Capture Client Image with MDT

Capture Client Image with MDT: I have just been introduce to Microsoft Deployment toolkit MDT. The school I worked in had just acquire 150 laptops and instead of configuring each one individually, I was thinking , it would be more efficient to configure one and create an image and then copy that image to...
  10. MDT: Capture and sysprepped reference image

MDT: Capture and sysprepped reference image: Hello All, This is my first post in this forum. However I have already followed the excellent tutorials about Windows 10 customization and used some tricks. Now I need some help. I use MDT 8450 to create a reference image for Windows 10 Pro 1803 with Sysprep. After...