Windows 10: MDT Fails when deploying 1803 and 1809

Discus and support MDT Fails when deploying 1803 and 1809 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Colleagues, I would like to ask for your assistance: - I have a Windows Server 2012 R2. 1809 ADK, MDT 6.3.8456.1000, DISM 10.0.17763.1 + WinPE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AttilaBobek, Mar 28, 2019.

1. MDT Fails when deploying 1803 and 1809

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to ask for your assistance:

- I have a Windows Server 2012 R2. 1809 ADK, MDT 6.3.8456.1000, DISM 10.0.17763.1 + WinPE 1809 installed.

- Deploying Windows 10 1703 is always succeed.

- I have an alternate DeplymentShare on the same server and 1803 deployment is succeed.

- Reference Image .wim file caputed with DISM 10.0.17763.1.

- But with the main DeploymentShare I am unable to deploy the OS. I receive the following error after extracting .wim (100%):

LTIApply.log

Error: 50 DISM does not support servicing a Windows Vista RTM or earlier operating system.

If the operating system us supported chech that SSShim.DLL is present.

Did any of you run into this issue?

Thank you in advance!

:)

AttilaBobek, Mar 28, 2019

2. How to use out of box driver settings in MDT 2013 for list of selected model + Common driver for un selected model

Hi,

Windows10 Ref image.

Can any one please give the steps to inject drivers in MDT task for few selected model.

the same way I need to deploy common drivers for other models [ not in the selection list]

Regards,

Parthi

parthi_2991, Mar 28, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Windows Updates reinstalled by MDT ?

Sorry for a delayed reply.

You are not doing anything wrong. I would not bother to update image before deploying it because, as you noticed, MDT will do it in any case.

4. ws2000 Win User

MDT Fails when deploying 1803 and 1809

Windows Updates reinstalled by MDT ?

Hello

I have a Windows 10 1607 hyper-v reference image I update with all Windows updates prior to capturing and deploying. I recently noticed that when MDT gets to the Windows update step it is reinstalling many if the same updates I had already added to the image. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

ws2000, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

MDT Fails when deploying 1803 and 1809

1. MDT Fails when deploying 1803 and 1809 - Similar Threads - MDT Fails deploying

2. Moving MDT deployment share to a new server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving MDT deployment share to a new server: Hello, I'm in the process of building a new VM of Server 2022 and would like some advice on moving our deployment share MDT to the new server. I'd like to move the deployment share that resides on a separate partition on the old server and reattach to the new Windows Server...
  3. Latitude 7210 with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit MDT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latitude 7210 with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit MDT: Does someone have enterprise experience with the Dell Latitude 7210 2-in-1 tablets with MDT? I cannot get these to boot off the UEFI MDT boot media that we created and am hoping someone else in the community has had some experience with these....
  4. MDT is not deploying drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MDT is not deploying drivers: Hello everyone, I wish you a happy new year and the best of health. at work, MDT deploys 1 window 10 pro image to all models of computers. I do that by in task seq. I disabled the default inject driver step and add my custom task step. then named it DriverGroup001 and...
  5. MDT 2013 Deployment

MDT 2013 Deployment: we distribution OS of Chinese and Korean by MDT 2013 deployment, so I want to manually set language and time , but unable to activated when I was changed MDT Rules as the following, what should i do [Settings] Priority=Default Properties=MyCustomProperty [Default] :...
  6. Creating deployment process with WDS/MDT.

Creating deployment process with WDS/MDT.: Hi, I am a Help Desk Analyst and am being challenged with learning sysAdmin tasks. I've been tasked with setting up a deployment process, and I have been trying for a few weeks now to deploy an image with WDS/MDT. I've searched the internet hard trying to figure it out but...
  7. Packaging 1809 for deployment

Packaging 1809 for deployment: So we have been struggling to get 1809 pushed out to all machines and I fear same issue will happen with 1903. Windows updates does not auto install this on domain joined computers and our automated systems dont play well with the feature updates. Im wondering what other...
  8. Updated (and Failed) 1803, not updated to 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updated (and Failed) 1803, not updated to 1809: I don't understand this: The update to Version 1809 was released 09Oct2018. On my wife's computer, after the first attempt failed, a retry was offered; I took it, and later there was a "Restart" icon, so I clicked on it, after noticing something odd in the names of the...
  9. unable to login after a win10 1803 MDT/WDS deployment

unable to login after a win10 1803 MDT/WDS deployment: I was able to create and deploy a win10 1803 image containing a number of software packages, the deployment ends with no errors, it joins a domain. Everything worked fine with the first set of computers. However it is not working right for some other computers which have...
  10. During MDT deployment, USB network adapter fails to install after boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    During MDT deployment, USB network adapter fails to install after boot: Hello, Having an interesting one. Deploying a Windows 10 custom image using WDS/MDT. Using a Dell XPS 13 9350 and the Dell USB 3.0 Ethernet adapter. I'm able to boot to PXE, load Boot.wim to access my MDT task sequence, which then starts without issue. The OS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. MDT 8456 Restarting issues

2. wds 10.0.17763.1 error c104013b