Windows 10: MDT install application with the credentials for connecting to network shares

Discus and support MDT install application with the credentials for connecting to network shares in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; At the beginning of the MDT installation it asks for the credentials of a user. I need to install an application a PowerShell script that adds the PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DiiPi, Jul 14, 2020.

1. DiiPi Win User

MDT install application with the credentials for connecting to network shares

At the beginning of the MDT installation it asks for the credentials of a user. I need to install an application a PowerShell script that adds the PC to a domain group with those credentials. Is this possible in some way?

:)

DiiPi, Jul 14, 2020
  2. Josh1990 Win User

Network Credentials/Connecting to a Network

Background:

I am attempting to connect to a public file sharing network, where an individual computer from the host.

1) When I attempt to connect to the network it asks for my network credentials:

A) The network does not have a password to the best of my knowledge, and to the best of the knowledge of the owner of the host computer.

B) The Domain when it asks for network credentials is Lenovo-PC. I own a Lenovo, the host computer is a Toshiba.

C) This leads me to believe my computer is asking for credentials.

2) Can't connect to network:

A) I've entered what I've believed to be my credentials and they are incorrect.

B) Password Protected sharing is disabled in my network settings.

C) I've looked at credential manager, it does not have the credential information I need.

Questions:

1) Why is my own machine asking me for my credentials if I have password protected sharing off?

2) Is there another setting that would prompt the machine to ask for my credentials when connecting to another network? How do I disable it?

3) Where can I find/reset my credentials? I've entered the information for my current and previous Microsoft account, no dice.

Please help me to connect to the network, thank you!!!

Regards,

Josh

Josh1990, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Network Credentials

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Go to control panel
    • Select Network and sharing center
    • Click on Advance sharing Settings
    • Click on all network
    • Turn off password protected sharing
    Check if it helps

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

1. MDT install application with the credentials for connecting to network shares - Similar Threads - MDT install application

2. Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...: I am running into an issue where Windows is asking me to input the network credentials to a network shared folder. I have ensured that "remember credentials" has been checked on when inputting these credentials, yet every day I try to access the network share, I get a prompt...
  3. Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...: I am running into an issue where Windows is asking me to input the network credentials to a network shared folder. I have ensured that "remember credentials" has been checked on when inputting these credentials, yet every day I try to access the network share, I get a prompt...
  4. Enter Network Credentials - sharing files on a home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enter Network Credentials - sharing files on a home network: I have two PC, one running windows 11, the other w10.I am signed into both machinesI have all the network sharing options turned on in bothIn the W10 I can see in file explorer the w11 machineIn the W11 I can see in file explorer the w10 machineWhen i click to connect it asks...
  5. Enter Network Credentials - sharing files on a home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enter Network Credentials - sharing files on a home network: I have two PC, one running windows 11, the other w10.I am signed into both machinesI have all the network sharing options turned on in bothIn the W10 I can see in file explorer the w11 machineIn the W11 I can see in file explorer the w10 machineWhen i click to connect it asks...
  6. Printer Sharing and Network credential access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Printer Sharing and Network credential access: Hello: I have two desktops running Windows 10. One is a new one and I would like to be able to print from the USB connected printer on the other desktop. Problem is when I go to access my other computer which I can see, it pops up asking for security credentials. I really...
  7. Manage Network Share with Different Credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Manage Network Share with Different Credentials: I have the following use-case: I have all my pictures on a Networked Attached Storage (NAS) that supports Windows Sharing. I use Adobe Lightroom to manage my pictures. I want to map a network drive to a drive letter using either READONLY-ACCESS credentials or FULL-ACCESS...
  8. Network sharing asking for network credentials

Network sharing asking for network credentials: I am trying to connect to other pc's on my home network and have turned off password protected sharing. I can see the other computer in file explorer, but when I click on it I am asked for "Network Credentials". I have entered the Microsoft username and password and the...
  9. NETWORK CONNECTION NEEDS NETWORK CREDENTIAL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NETWORK CONNECTION NEEDS NETWORK CREDENTIAL: Hi, I actually having this problem: I am trying to connect to the other computer printer, but windows 10 has no homegroup. Another problem is that when i try to click computer1 in network it pop out a box "ENTER YOUR CREDENTIAL TO CONNECT TO...
  10. Network Share - Prompt for credentials

Network Share - Prompt for credentials: Hi, I have recently gotten a Windows 10 machine. In my network I have Windows 8.1 machine with shared folders, and several other Windows 8/7 laptops with access. All those computers (including Xbox One) can see my desktop share computer and folders + access to the content...