Windows 10: MDT is not deploying drivers

Discus and support MDT is not deploying drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I wish you a happy new year and the best of health. at work, MDT deploys 1 window 10 pro image to all models of computers. I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by iamjamal, Jan 14, 2021.

1. iamjamal Win User

MDT is not deploying drivers

Hello everyone,

I wish you a happy new year and the best of health.

at work, MDT deploys 1 window 10 pro image to all models of computers. I do that by in task seq. I disabled the default inject driver step and add my custom task step. then named it DriverGroup001 and entered the value of "Windows 10 x64\%make%\%model%". before you ask, yes I have the driver saved under make and model folders.

this should install/inject driver depending on the computer make and model right? Instead, it is not doing anything when the time comes to install drivers.

I created another task seq and used a selection profile to choose a specific driver. this works. I do not want to create a task for each model because we have too many.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

thanks in advance.

:)

iamjamal, Jan 14, 2021

2. How to use out of box driver settings in MDT 2013 for list of selected model + Common driver for un selected model

Hi,

Windows10 Ref image.

Can any one please give the steps to inject drivers in MDT task for few selected model.

the same way I need to deploy common drivers for other models [ not in the selection list]

Regards,

Parthi

parthi_2991, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    MDT install application with the credentials for connecting to network shares

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query regarding Microsoft Development Kit.

However, we do have a dedicated forum for issues related to Microsoft Development Kit, let me point you in the right direction. I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have support professionals with expertise on Microsoft Development
    Kit to assist you with the appropriate details.

Below are few articles that might be helpful for you:

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Windows Updates reinstalled by MDT ?

Sorry for a delayed reply.

You are not doing anything wrong. I would not bother to update image before deploying it because, as you noticed, MDT will do it in any case.

Thema:

1. MDT is not deploying drivers - Similar Threads - MDT deploying drivers

2. New to MDT- Deployment for new model of laptop stops as drivers seem not be loaded.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New to MDT- Deployment for new model of laptop stops as drivers seem not be loaded.: A newer Dell laptop was added to our inventory to be deployed. I added the Out of Box drivers for the model as well as updated the WinPE x64 with the latest Dell Win 10 PE drivers. Updated the share etc. For the task sequences I mirrored one of the sequences of an existing...
  3. New to MDT- Deployment for new model of laptop stops as drivers seem not be loaded.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New to MDT- Deployment for new model of laptop stops as drivers seem not be loaded.: A newer Dell laptop was added to our inventory to be deployed. I added the Out of Box drivers for the model as well as updated the WinPE x64 with the latest Dell Win 10 PE drivers. Updated the share etc. For the task sequences I mirrored one of the sequences of an existing...
  4. Moving MDT deployment share to a new server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving MDT deployment share to a new server: Hello, I'm in the process of building a new VM of Server 2022 and would like some advice on moving our deployment share MDT to the new server. I'd like to move the deployment share that resides on a separate partition on the old server and reattach to the new Windows Server...
  5. Moving MDT deployment share to a new server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving MDT deployment share to a new server: Hello, I'm in the process of building a new VM of Server 2022 and would like some advice on moving our deployment share MDT to the new server. I'd like to move the deployment share that resides on a separate partition on the old server and reattach to the new Windows Server...
  6. Latitude 7210 with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit MDT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latitude 7210 with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit MDT: Does someone have enterprise experience with the Dell Latitude 7210 2-in-1 tablets with MDT? I cannot get these to boot off the UEFI MDT boot media that we created and am hoping someone else in the community has had some experience with these....
  7. MDT 2013 Deployment

MDT 2013 Deployment: we distribution OS of Chinese and Korean by MDT 2013 deployment, so I want to manually set language and time , but unable to activated when I was changed MDT Rules as the following, what should i do [Settings] Priority=Default Properties=MyCustomProperty [Default] :...
  8. Creating deployment process with WDS/MDT.

Creating deployment process with WDS/MDT.: Hi, I am a Help Desk Analyst and am being challenged with learning sysAdmin tasks. I've been tasked with setting up a deployment process, and I have been trying for a few weeks now to deploy an image with WDS/MDT. I've searched the internet hard trying to figure it out but...
  9. MDT Fails when deploying 1803 and 1809

MDT Fails when deploying 1803 and 1809: Dear Colleagues, I would like to ask for your assistance: - I have a Windows Server 2012 R2. 1809 ADK, MDT 6.3.8456.1000, DISM 10.0.17763.1 + WinPE 1809 installed. - Deploying Windows 10 1703 is always succeed. - I have an alternate DeplymentShare on the same server and...
  10. Deployment Issue - MDT 2013 / OptiPlex 790 / Driver Injection

Deployment Issue - MDT 2013 / OptiPlex 790 / Driver Injection: I'm trying to successfully deploy Windows 10 on a Dell OptiPlex 790 in my lab environment in order to push Windows 10 out to several of these PCs currently in production. Despite the fact that Dell does not offer a driver pack for Windows 10 for the 790, an upgrade to Windows...