Windows 10: MDT office en returned an unexpected return code: 30054 if using locale=CN

Discus and support MDT office en returned an unexpected return code: 30054 if using locale=CN in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear All, We're having an issue with MDT to install office 2016 Plus english version if we added below items into our Rules: Systemlocale=zh-CN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Eaven Huang, Nov 26, 2020.

1. MDT office en returned an unexpected return code: 30054 if using locale=CN

Dear All,

We're having an issue with MDT to install office 2016 Plus english version if we added below items into our Rules:

Systemlocale=zh-CN
    UserLocale=zh-CN

It's perfectly working if we removed these 2 rows from Rule of our Deployment Share Properties. Below is the error screenshot for reference.

1. We are using Win10 2004 Education OS

2. We need the region locale and administrative locale to be China, since some of our end-users are using some Chinese software that needs to be supported by Chinese Language locale.

3. Our MDT Deployment WorkBench version is 6.3.xxxx

Any advice or recommendation would be highly appreciated!

MDT office en returned an unexpected return code: 30054 if using locale=CN 6e8b629d-8b7e-4e1b-8158-861dc3658860?upload=true.jpg

:)

Eaven Huang, Nov 26, 2020

2. Alt+Tab Prevents Return to Microsoft Office / Office Hangs

This is a weird one. I've searched and haven't found symptoms quite like this.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro (version 1803, OS Build 17134.254) with the latest updates, along with Office Professional Plus 2016.

For the past few months, Alt+Tab has worked fine for every application EXCEPT those belonging to the Office Suite (e.g., Access, Excel, Word). If, for example, I am using Excel and I Alt+Tab to a different window, such as Chrome, I can view and interact with that window just fine.

However, I cannot return to Excel. Alt+Tab will show the icon for Excel, and even let me tab to it within the Alt+Tab window.

MDT office en returned an unexpected return code: 30054 if using locale=CN BzH1B.jpg

However, it won't actually switch me over to Excel, and leaves Excel in the background. Clicking on the Excel icon in the task bar does not return it to the foreground. If I hover over the Excel icon in the task bar, it will show a preview, but that's it.

The only way to return to any Office app is to minimize everything on the screen by clicking to the right of the date.

MDT office en returned an unexpected return code: 30054 if using locale=CN AoAmj.jpg

Then, faced with my desktop, I can click Excel and it will regain focus, allowing me to edit it.

When I'm using dual monitors and I Alt+Tab away from Excel, it remains open and visible in my other monitor. However, I cannot click on it or interact with it in any way without doing the whole minimize thing I mentioned above.

Oddly, again, this only applies to Office apps. All other open tabs work just fine.

Here's what I've tried so far:

• Edit the AltTabSettings DWORD at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
    • Deleted the AltTabSettings DWORD
    • Confirmed Peek option is enabled
    • Changed "Turn off Windows Key hotkeys" from Not Configured to Enabled.
    • Changed same setting to Disabled

Granted, the above troubleshooting steps are typically done when Alt+Tab doesn't work at all, but I thought I'd give them a shot.

No luck.

Any suggestions on what I should try next?

EDIT 1:

Interestingly, this happens as well when pressing Alt+F11 in Microsoft Access to view the VBA window. I can't click on Access and the VBA icon doesn't appear in the task bar until I minimize everything to view the desktop. Then the second icon appears and I can again interact with Access.

EDIT 2:

For clarity, I'm adding here that I also tried repairing Office.

paulmiller3000, Nov 26, 2020
  3. newfiend Win User
    Backup of app list and settings returns error 0x80181548

New Lumia 920.. Trying to manually backup the Lumia App list + settings returns error code 0x80181548

I have tried rebooting the phone, Soft resetting, it still returns the same error every time I try. Any Suggestions MS?

I am on Wi-Fi when trying to update. I have also disabled all background tasks first and tried to backup again only for it to return the same error code.

Help..!!

~

newfiend, Nov 26, 2020
  4. MDT office en returned an unexpected return code: 30054 if using locale=CN

Returned the ASUS and purchased a Dell

I have made my decision and I am returning the Dell. After my money is refunded, I will have to do research and will have a choice on what to find that fits into my budget but better than the Dell. I hate returning things like this. It is so frustrating. I know a lot of you have recommended brands, models, and told me where to purchase a computer from, but if some of you could re-list some suggestions that would be very much appreciated. I need all of the help I can get with this.

Jesse Williams, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

MDT office en returned an unexpected return code: 30054 if using locale=CN

1. MDT office en returned an unexpected return code: 30054 if using locale=CN - Similar Threads - MDT office returned

2. MDT : the application returned an unexpected code 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MDT : the application returned an unexpected code 2: I use my MDT to deploy image to one PC and When deploy the Dell Command Update software, I got the error code:2.But the software I found has been deployed successfully on this PC....
  3. MDT : the application returned an unexpected code 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MDT : the application returned an unexpected code 2: I use my MDT to deploy image to one PC and When deploy the Dell Command Update software, I got the error code:2.But the software I found has been deployed successfully on this PC....
  4. MDT : the application returned an unexpected code 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Return of used key

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Return of used key: I had purchased office Home and student 2019 from amazon, and used it’s key but now don’t need it as I already have one. Can I return the used key? Will I get a refund for the same?...
  6. Cast to device returns "unexpected error"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cast to device returns "unexpected error": I used to be able to cast pictures, music, and videos to my TV using WMP, but now it no longer seems to work. It returns "unexpected error." I've checked that all the streaming settings are enabled on WMP and my drivers are up-to-date. The Windows troubleshooter couldn't...
  7. Not getting Code returned

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not getting Code returned: When trying to enter Activity when already signed in I selected text to receive a code to verify Identity but no code is being sent??? Phone # is on account and entered correctly....
  8. Install Office 365 get 1603 return code

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Office 365 get 1603 return code: Hi Team, I am trying to install O365 once click the setp.exe, if you running the setup.exe it will appear few seconds from task manager. Wed, 19 Aug 2020 14:08:21 processing of package is complete, result -1917516221 0x8db50643 - code 1603...
  9. Returns

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Returns: I purchased minecraft for windows 10 yesterday using my grandfathers microsoft account. I realized that I had gotten the wrong version I needed Java edition, sense then I purchased the Java edition, is there any way I can return the original version the one for windows 10?...
  10. Return

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Return: How do I return a game I accidentally bought? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return/8475b070-ad91-4c0d-aed7-4bea24e38872