Windows 10: MDT task sequence - Bitlocker

Discus and support MDT task sequence - Bitlocker in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey. Im trying to enable bitlocker automaticly. My goal is to have best encryption, full drive encryption and TPM + alphanumerical PIN. There are 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Korothi, Feb 21, 2020.

1. MDT task sequence - Bitlocker

Hey. Im trying to enable bitlocker automaticly. My goal is to have best encryption, full drive encryption and TPM + alphanumerical PIN.

There are 2 tasks i have: enable bitlocker offline that executes ztibde script And enable bitlocker task

With both enabled my end result is bitlocker with xts aes 128 used space only encrypted with tpmpin.

When i disable first one end result is xts 256 full drive tpm only.

How can you pass PIN i typed in windows PE to the end of TS?

submitted by /u/Korothi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Korothi, Feb 21, 2020
  2. Danielgw Win User

MDT task sequences, Bitlocker Encryption and Data backups

My company is in the midst of a large-scale Win 7-> Win 10 upgrade. Presently we are trying to figure out the most secure and efficient method of upgrading these computers, most of which are presently encrypted with bitlocker.

What needs to happen the entire drive content needs to be backed up, verified complete. Then a new image will be applied to the box (clean install windows 10 with user specific software using an MDT OS installation task sequence.) Finally, user data will be
    transferred back to the clean machine, not the full backup (which will include old sys files, programs, etc) and the computer will be returned to the end user looking as close to the original system as possible, excepting the differences between Windows 7
    and 10.

We are trying to use Configuration Manager to build out this task sequence, but I am wondering what sort of havok bitlocker is going to play in the process and if there is a way in which we can authenticate in the midst of this task sequence..

Danielgw, Feb 21, 2020
  3. VollCorn Win User
    Can the Windows 10 Pro free upgrade be automated using a MDT task sequence?

Can the Windows 10 Pro free upgrade be automated using a MDT task sequence? I have a number of customers who are using Windows 8 Pro and have a volume activation key. They want to take advantage of the Windows 10 Pro free upgrade for their end users and
    want the process automated using a MDT task sequence

VollCorn, Feb 21, 2020
  4. MDT task sequence - Bitlocker

Windows 10: MDT Sysprep and Capture Task Sequence Failure.

Sysprep and Capture task sequence fails when it tries to capture Windows 10 Professional.

MDT (6.3.8450.1000)

Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit - Windows 10

Windows Automated Installation Kit

MDT task sequence - Bitlocker 582a745d-82ec-472e-be37-7829322aa862?upload=true.jpg

EricLoh_96, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

MDT task sequence - Bitlocker

1. MDT task sequence - Bitlocker - Similar Threads - MDT task sequence

2. Enable Bitlocker Windows 11 SCCM Task Sequence fails?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Bitlocker Windows 11 SCCM Task Sequence fails?: We are trying to enable Bitlocker on few different Dell laptops. Currently it fails with these generic errors. What am I am I missing here?We deployed bitlocker via intune and that works well but trying to deploy this for imaging from the get go is a pain. From TS when its...
  3. Enable Bitlocker Windows 11 SCCM Task Sequence fails?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable Bitlocker Windows 11 SCCM Task Sequence fails?: We are trying to enable Bitlocker on few different Dell laptops. Currently it fails with these generic errors. What am I am I missing here?We deployed bitlocker via intune and that works well but trying to deploy this for imaging from the get go is a pain. From TS when its...
  4. ConfigMgr CMG task sequence error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ConfigMgr CMG task sequence error: I keep getting this error while running a task sequence over the Internet. F8 isn't bringing up a command prompt despite me checking the box to enable and re-distributing content and rebuilding the boot ISO....
  5. SCCM Task sequence task 'Restart Computer' not automatic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SCCM Task sequence task 'Restart Computer' not automatic: When Creating an application task sequence and adding a general "Restart Computer" task, the computer wont restart automatically, I have to log into windows for the task to take effect. For debugging purposes this is an available task sequence but will be deployed as required...
  6. SCCM Task sequence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SCCM Task sequence: When Creating an application task sequence and adding a general "Restart Computer" task, the computer wont restart automatically, I have to log into windows for the task to take effect. For debugging purposes this is an available task sequence but will be deployed as required...
  7. SCCM Task sequence

in Windows 10 Customization
    SCCM Task sequence: When Creating an application task sequence and adding a general "Restart Computer" task, the computer wont restart automatically, I have to log into windows for the task to take effect. For debugging purposes this is an available task sequence but will be deployed as required...
  8. SCCM Task sequence

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. MDT 2013 Task Sequence hangs second partition on diskpart on VMware

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    MDT 2013 Task Sequence hangs second partition on diskpart on VMware: Hi, I'm using MDT and trying to install Windows 10 1909 on a VMware machine. During WinPE, Task Sequence hangs when creating second partition (OS). Pressing F8 to debug doesn't work. The VM is set to Legacy, not EFI. The Task Sequence works on a physical machine. It used to...
  10. Use the value of Task Sequence Variable as the value of another Task Sequence Variable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Use the value of Task Sequence Variable as the value of another Task Sequence Variable: Hi everybody, Does anybody know whether it is possible to use the value of an Task Sequence Variable as the value of another Task Sequence Variable? For example, TS variable A has the value of 8. And I want to use this as the value of variable Q. What I did was Set Task...