Windows 10: MDT to re-install OS directly

Discus and support MDT to re-install OS directly in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear All, We have MDT ready and running smoothly, there is no problem to install OS via network PXE boot option. However, we came across an issue to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Eaven Huang, Feb 22, 2021.

1. MDT to re-install OS directly

Dear All,

We have MDT ready and running smoothly, there is no problem to install OS via network PXE boot option. However, we came across an issue to re-install OS via Litetouch vbs as mentioned at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/deploy-windows-mdt/upgrade-to-windows-10-with-the-microsoft-deployment-toolkit#add-windows-10-enterprise-x64-full-source.

The scenario is that the new laptops purchased from Chinese market place are always Windows Home edition in Chinese language only. The pain point to install OS via network with MDT is that some new models for example surface are not easy to be booted from network, and they require specified adapter to convert to wired network port, so if we could just re-install it from existing OS, that would save a lot of time.

I've tried litetouch script but it always returned captioned error, any suggestions would be really appreciated. Many thanks.

MDT to re-install OS directly 69e4a632-d0c6-4948-93c4-03ef6c5ff390?upload=true.png

:)

Eaven Huang, Feb 22, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

MDT install application with the credentials for connecting to network shares

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query regarding Microsoft Development Kit.

However, we do have a dedicated forum for issues related to Microsoft Development Kit, let me point you in the right direction. I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have support professionals with expertise on Microsoft Development
    Kit to assist you with the appropriate details.

Below are few articles that might be helpful for you:

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 22, 2021
  3. MDT Deployment Error after OS install

Hello Everyone,

MDT keeps displaying this error message. I receive the error message as soon the OS is done installing. It seems like it this error message is related to a script issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MDT to re-install OS directly 918e1f74-6b1c-4133-921f-0c16c56db3a2?upload=true.jpg

Sebastian_Rocket, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Depth Win User

MDT to re-install OS directly

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

MDT to re-install OS directly

1. MDT to re-install OS directly - Similar Threads - MDT install directly

2. re-direct folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    re-direct folders: My software uses a lot of addons and stores & reads this data from a document folder in user/docs on my C drive. This is doc folder is now getting rather large and takes up a lot of space on my C drive. I would like to transfer that document folder from my C drive to my D...
  3. Folder Re-Direction

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Re-Direction: Dear ExpertsGood day. Hope my message finds you well. I have an issue with a redirection policy :My company used the folder re-direction policy to move the documents from Local user profile to a server path \\server\%userprofile%\Documents.In the policy settings the Option...
  4. Folder Re-Direction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Re-Direction: Dear ExpertsGood day. Hope my message finds you well. I have an issue with a redirection policy :My company used the folder re-direction policy to move the documents from Local user profile to a server path \\server\%userprofile%\Documents.In the policy settings the Option...
  5. Folder Re-Direction

6. Re-installation of your product after re-installation of OS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-installation of your product after re-installation of OS: Hi, I am your customer.In 2019 I bought from you Microsoft Visio Professional 2019. I have an invoice number and order reference and the whole receipt. I need to re-install my operational System Windows 10. After that, I will need to re-install Visio. I do not remember if I...
  7. Re-installation of your product after re-installation of OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-installation of your product after re-installation of OS: Hi, I am your customer.In 2019 I bought from you Microsoft Visio Professional 2019. I have an invoice number and order reference and the whole receipt. I need to re-install my operational System Windows 10. After that, I will need to re-install Visio. I do not remember if I...
  8. Re-installation of your product after re-installation of OS

9. The OS won't load after an install through MDT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The OS won't load after an install through MDT: Hello guys, I was trying last week on imaging a few computers (Dell E5440) that we plan on use as loaners for our school. I configured one with the settings I'd like and captured the image successfully (WIN10 1809). I uploaded the image to MDT and created a task sequence,...
  10. Re-Installation of Original OS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-Installation of Original OS: I bought Windows 10 pro original OS and installed in my computer recently I am facing some problems. So that I wanted to re-install the OS. I lost my original CD but I have Product ID 00330-71312-22123-AAOEM. Can I use the same product ID for the re-installation in the same...