Windows 10: MDT using autologon during build SOMETIMES does not log on

Discus and support MDT using autologon during build SOMETIMES does not log on in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an odd issue. we have a task sequence to deploy window 2016 server, and I am creating a local account (autologon) during phase 4 Specialize and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by andreprins1, Jun 11, 2019.

1. MDT using autologon during build SOMETIMES does not log on

I have an odd issue.

we have a task sequence to deploy window 2016 server, and I am creating a local account (autologon) during phase 4 Specialize and make it an administrator.

Reason: When our systems join the domain, the GPO instantly renames the administrator account - so using the administrator account would fail.

The autologon in the 7 OOBE phase logs in using the new local account (autologon) after the restart.

this works fine most of the time, but occasionally NOT.....

recently, we imaged 2 servers nearly simultaneously - both are in the same subnet, same imaging source on the local subnet, identical computer models, and one automatically logs in, and the other one sat at the login prompt, and then we have to manually log in using the "autologon" account and its credentials, it logs in, and the MDT process continues OK.

I would say in ~ 90..98% of all builds, the autologon works, and occasionally it does NOT....

but the above example rules out models / drivers / network - they were the same Dell PowerEdge XR2 server, and same windows 2016 server OS, same task sequence, same imaging source, so I am just puzzled what can cause this odd behaviour...

:)

andreprins1, Jun 11, 2019
  2. oemSoft Win User

How do autologon work?

Referring to following link, I would like to know on whether this tools help to login 2 different user accounts after restart or not.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autologon

oemSoft, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 autologon failing repeatedly

Using Windows 10; for years have had autologon set (via netplwiz) and working properly to log me into MS account at boot on my personal machine.

Occasionally following an update, the autologon would not work, though settings appear not to have changed. No error messages; just wouldn't automatically login. Resetting would fix the problem for indefinite period, until next random similar event. ("Reset"
    being:

• open netplwiz
    • check box requiring login and apply/OK
    • reopen netplwiz
    • uncheck the require-login box and fill in passwords
    • A-OK on next and subsequent boots.

This week the problem has returned, but the "reset" does not work more than one boot sequence. After a second or subsequent reboot, Windows 10 goes back to requiring manual login.

What is happening; and, please, how to fix it?

Thanks.

Mike Pepper, Jun 11, 2019
  4. MDT using autologon during build SOMETIMES does not log on

BarbaricSoul, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

MDT using autologon during build SOMETIMES does not log on

1. MDT using autologon during build SOMETIMES does not log on - Similar Threads - MDT using autologon

2. not able to capture image using MDT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not able to capture image using MDT: not able to capture image using MDT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-capture-image-using-mdt/b7400d7a-0806-48e3-bf5a-78eb2bc08b7e
  3. MDT Skips .wim creation step during capture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MDT Skips .wim creation step during capture: Hi All,As mentioned in the title;During the MDT Capture wizard every steps works as intended OS installation, apps, sysprep, however it skips the "Create wim" step completely and continues with a shutdown. Any idea how to fix this?I have logs available if needed.MDT is being...
  4. MDT Skips .wim creation step during capture

MDT Skips .wim creation step during capture: Hi All,As mentioned in the title;During the MDT Capture wizard every steps works as intended OS installation, apps, sysprep, however it skips the "Create wim" step completely and continues with a shutdown. Any idea how to fix this?I have logs available if needed.MDT is being...
  5. MDT Skips .wim creation step during capture

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Strange bug happens sometimes during computer use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange bug happens sometimes during computer use: This started around 30 to 40 minutes after I installed a software program named BYOND so I could play Space Station 13. During gameplay of space station 13 the mouse would temporarily stop working and the hardware remove sound would play like dun dun dun, dun dun dun... dun...
  7. Strange bug happens sometimes during computer use

Strange bug happens sometimes during computer use: This started around 30 to 40 minutes after I installed a software program named BYOND so I could play Space Station 13. During gameplay of space station 13 the mouse would temporarily stop working and the hardware remove sound would play like dun dun dun, dun dun dun... dun...
  8. Strange bug happens sometimes during computer use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Use MDT to create admin account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Use MDT to create admin account: How do I create a new administrator account with no password and auto-logon on first boot, using customsettings.ini or bootstrap.ini ? I don't want to use the unattend.xml, I tried task sequence, but It won't boot into it even when disabling or enabling the built-in...
  10. Autologon

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Autologon: How to make autologon work in Windows 10 (I have version 1903) with a Microsoft account? Is it even possible? I can make it work with a local account, but not with an MS account....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mdt tatoo.wsf not autologon admin

2. mdt autologon not working

3. auto logon not working mdt