Windows 10: Me disabling your telemetry should not make the search bar stop working

Discus and support Me disabling your telemetry should not make the search bar stop working in Cortana to solve the problem; Just stop it, Microsoft. Oh, I wish I could use swear words here......... Just STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are such a petty,... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by FML_420, Aug 17, 2019.

1. FML_420 Win User

Me disabling your telemetry should not make the search bar stop working

Just stop it, Microsoft. Oh, I wish I could use swear words here......... Just STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are such a petty, money-hungry company. Me disabling the telemetry should NOT make the search bar stop working. If I CHOOSE to block CORTANA, then that is my choice. I don't want MY PC to send YOU ANY INFORMATION. IT'S MY PC. NOT YOURS. Just f off!!
    • Add to Phrasebook
      • No word lists for English -> English (USA)...
      • Create a new word list...
    • Copy

:)

FML_420, Aug 17, 2019

2. Disabling Windows Compatibility Telemetry - Windows 10

Hello,

Windows telemetry inform our decisions and focus our efforts in providing the most robust, most valuable platform for your business and the people who count on Windows to enable them to be as productive as possible. Telemetry gives users a voice in
    the operating system’s development. For more information regarding Windows telemetry, you may check this
    article.

If you don't want to participate in providing automatic feedback to improve the operating system, we can disable Windows Telemetry by following these steps:

• Run the Services desktop application.
    • Locate Diagnostics Tracking Service in the services list, and open its
      Property Sheet.
    • Stop the Diagnostics Tracking Service, and then change the Startup Type to
      Disabled.
    • Click OK.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Antoneth Ber, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Me disabling your telemetry should not make the search bar stop working

Disabling Windows Compatibility Telemetry - Windows 10

All your reply does, is show Microsoft's disconnect from reality. For one, there's no longer a Diagnostics Tracking Service. That's no coincidence, btw, as MS purposely keeps changing the compat telemetry stuff around (so people have a harder
    time disabling it). And/or keep re-enabling the compat telemetry in nearly every update. Read the thread. So, processblocker is the ONLY thing, so far, that truly, and persistently, blocks your compat telemetry now.

'Telemetry gives users a voice in the operating system’s development.' And, pray-tell, what is this?! Am I supposed to feel empowered now?! If you guys would REALLY listen to us, you wouldn't be constantly going out of your way to shove the compat telemetry
    in our faces to begin with.

But since this is the probably the closest we get to having your ear, please hear this: compatTelRunner is an incredibly invasive piece of software, which constantly keeps your disk(s) bogged down. For instance, I have some junctions on my SSD to my game
    disk. And no, I really don't want the combat telemetry malware to scan my entire game disk at every change made to my install. I really don't. And I really don't get why you people don't get that.

If you really want us to 'be as productive as possible', then stop trashing our hard disks!

meimeiriver2, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Me disabling your telemetry should not make the search bar stop working

1. Me disabling your telemetry should not make the search bar stop working - Similar Threads - disabling telemetry should

2. My search bar just stopped working

in Cortana
    My search bar just stopped working: Hello.i got a problem with my seach bar not working, the first time i saw it when i opend the search bar it wont let me type anything, i looked up ways to fix it none of it worked i tried lots of ways like refreshing the file explorer, disabling bing, i did some cmds i reset...
  3. My search bar just stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My search bar just stopped working: Hello.i got a problem with my seach bar not working, the first time i saw it when i opend the search bar it wont let me type anything, i looked up ways to fix it none of it worked i tried lots of ways like refreshing the file explorer, disabling bing, i did some cmds i reset...
  4. My search bar just stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My search bar has stopped working.

in Cortana
    My search bar has stopped working.: It's been 10 days since I did an update. My last quality update was: September 14, 2021—KB5005565 OS Builds 19041.1237, 19042.1237, and 19043.1237Two days ago, I noticed my system was running 100% HDDSo I came on here and followed the directions below in quotations it did...
  6. Disabling Telemetry no longer actually disables telemetry, even in Enterprise. Instead...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling Telemetry no longer actually disables telemetry, even in Enterprise. Instead...: Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/uQFu654.png Both the Group Policy setting (and its corresponding Registry Editor setting) are applied to the old "Disable Telemetry" option. (Setting the GPO also sets the Registry setting.) But look here, at least in Build 21H1, Option 0...
  7. Disabling Telemetry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Telemetry: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro license and feel strongly that as a paying customer rather than someone that was "gifted" a copy of the Home edition when I bought my laptop, I should have a degree of control over the operating system. I've disabled telemetry every time W10 is...
  8. Cortana Search Bar Randomly stops working

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Randomly stops working: So I'm on Windows 10 v20H2 and whenever I restart my laptop or whenever the system boots, the search bar just doesn't work. I did some research previously and found that running the .exe at this file path "fixes" it, except I'd have to do it each time the search bar stops...
  9. Stop telemetry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop telemetry: What is the best way to stop Windows 10 telemetry short of disconnecting from the internet? I'm finding conflicting articles with some saying to edit group policy and others staying that it can't be stopped. The best guide I've found is this one: Stop Windows 10 spying on you...
  10. Disable telemetry and keep Windows store working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable telemetry and keep Windows store working: So as the title suggests, I want to disable as much of the telemetry in Windows as possible while not breaking the Microsoft store so I can keep playing my games. I’ve tried looking up resources on what tasks are necessary to keep it running but I can’t find anything. Does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop search bar 1903 from going out to internet