Windows 10: Me.fo? Chrome extensions appearing suddenly?

Discus and support Me.fo? Chrome extensions appearing suddenly? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently opened Chrome and was immediately taken to this russian website called me.fo. So, I checked the programs tab in my control panel and found a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Fernanda 123, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Me.fo? Chrome extensions appearing suddenly?

I recently opened Chrome and was immediately taken to this russian website called me.fo. So, I checked the programs tab in my control panel and found a me.fo application installed. I have absolutely no idea how it got there. I uninstalled it, and the problem seems to have disappeared... but I'm not sure I actually got 100% rid of the malware.

Another odd thing that happened is that Chrome suddenly opened another tab taking me to some shady website, and warned me that the page was altered by an extension. I checked my extensions list, and there it was! Some weird extension had made its way in my browser, despite the fact that I never installed it. I removed it and, again, it seems like the issue is gone.

However, I want to be absolutely certain that my computer is clean. Are there any recommendations on what folders to check, what programs to run? Any preferrably free antiviruses? Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Fernanda 123, Apr 15, 2021
  2. TairikuOkami, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Suspect Chrome Extensions

Considering the amount of available Chrome extensions, that isn't a long list.

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Me.fo? Chrome extensions appearing suddenly?

Internet Download Manager extension is flagged in Google Chrome.

Hi Frank,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can imagine how difficult it could be and we truly appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to research and work on this issue. However, we would suggest you to follow steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Google Chrome icon (shortcut icon) and choose
      Properties.
    2. Go to Shortcut tab.
    3. Copy and paste the following parameter in the text box across the
      Target field.

-enable-easy-off-store-extension-install

Please refer picture below.

Me.fo? Chrome extensions appearing suddenly? d43abd23-452a-4c3b-bdff-a225e56facea?upload=true.png

4. Then try adding the extension and check if it resolves the issue.

If the issue still persists, we would suggest you post your query in

Google Chrome support Forums
    for better assistance.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Me.fo? Chrome extensions appearing suddenly?

1. Me.fo? Chrome extensions appearing suddenly? - Similar Threads - Chrome extensions appearing

2. Chrome Extension Related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome Extension Related: I saw a extension in my chrome extension called web safety extension and I do not recall when it is added and also google says it is a malware, So i delete it will it cause my laptop please answer. Nor it is safe to remove that extension....
  3. Chrome Extension Related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome Extension Related: I saw a extension in my chrome extension called web safety extension and I do not recall when it is added and also google says it is a malware, So i delete it will it cause my laptop please answer. Nor it is safe to remove that extension....
  4. Chrome Extension Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome Extension Virus: Hello, there is an extension called "Apps" on my computer that I can not remove. It says that it isn't from the Chrome Web Store and I feel like I've done everything to try and remove it but yet it is still there. It usually closes Chrome and reopens randomly. It has also...
  5. Chrome Extension Virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome Extension Virus: Hello, there is an extension called "Apps" on my computer that I can not remove. It says that it isn't from the Chrome Web Store and I feel like I've done everything to try and remove it but yet it is still there. It usually closes Chrome and reopens randomly. It has also...
  6. Chrome Extension Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Chrome Extension Keeps Appearing Even After Removal

Chrome Extension Keeps Appearing Even After Removal: There is an extension "uExtText" that keeps appearing even if I remove it from Chrome.It shows the location C:\ProgramData\Cxleftb\Uvntiq\3AD7C765 which were hidden folders.I removed the extension and the folder in ProgramData, but after a while the extension and the folders...
  8. Google Chrome Extensions

Google Chrome Extensions: I'm using Google Chrome for my browser. I keep receiving a notice to "protect your browser" by installing an extension. Does Google control the extensions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/google-chrome-extensions/85f3af18-4ea5-4fc1-9148-ef8fbe344fdb
  9. chrome extensions

in Browsers and Email
    chrome extensions: Anybody know why Google has pulled the Ghostery extension from it's web store? Even the actual website, when trying to install it you get error 404. Same thing from when trying to get it from MajorGeeks site. 141805
  10. Suspect Chrome Extensions

Suspect Chrome Extensions: Malicious Chrome Extensions... https://documents.trendmicro.com/ass...-droidclub.pdf 103743