Windows 10: Me too > Win10 x64 Explorer randomly crashes, doesn't always even show up in the events log

Discus and support Me too > Win10 x64 Explorer randomly crashes, doesn't always even show up in the events log in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; But, this time it did have an entry so I copied it. With mine, it seems to crash on it's own and I generally discover it when the taskbar becomes a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Myrddin R Emrys, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Me too > Win10 x64 Explorer randomly crashes, doesn't always even show up in the events log

But, this time it did have an entry so I copied it.

With mine, it seems to crash on it's own and I generally discover it when the taskbar becomes a nonfunctional image or maximizing a window goes under the nonfunctional taskbar. Thank goodness I have RocketDock and a shortcut that opens a folder in a new process and I have a batch file in that folder that clears it out and restarts Explorer.

I'll walk away for a moment, come back and it's crashed. Or, close a program and it's not working or it's been on screensaver and kaplop.

Here's the entry that appeared.. maybe it has a clue for why it keeps surprising me with needing to be cleared & restarted so much.?

[event entry start----------

Source
    Windows Explorer

Summary
    Stopped working

Date
    ‎1/‎26/‎2021 3:40 PM

Status
    Report sent

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Explorer.exe
    Application Version: 10.0.19041.746
    Application Timestamp: ca234864
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_6d56
    Fault Module Version: 10.0.19041.662
    Fault Module Timestamp: 27bfa5f0
    Exception Code: c0000374
    Exception Offset: PCH_9B_FROM_ntdll+0x000000000009CB04
    OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 6d56
    Additional Information 2: 6d5600126bc1d70b086beab9c8aafb81
    Additional Information 3: a41f
    Additional Information 4: a41f507d8a15540c5bdfd9cbeb77b3d6

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: c077ccb4358b4618464632ff7ba5a929 1605026390076664105

]event entry end----------

Thank you for any insight into this. It's been going on through the last few rounds of OS updates. I have repeatedly run sfc with no issues, cleared search cache and just about anything that seemed remotely possible to be a cure.

~Myr

.end.trans.

:)

Myrddin R Emrys, Jan 31, 2021

2. Forza Horizon 4 - Crashing on Startup, doesn´t run

Hi Vijay,

thanks for response. I tried your steps with a Google DNS and Open DNS - but it doesn´t help.

The game still crashes in the moment I try to run it.

I'll be glad for another solutions.

Vít Řípa, Jan 31, 2021
  3. lukabajic Win User
    Win10 PC crashes randomly.

Ok so randomly, mostly after startup my win10 pc crashes and auto-restarts (because I have enabled autoreboot on critical failure).

These are the logs starting from 10:05:49 when it crashed:

Log name: security

Source:eventlog

Event ID: 1101

Level: 2

Then some unknown

Task category: event processing

Keywords: Audit Success

"Audit events have been dropped by transport, 0"

Following logs talk about unexpected shutdown, dump file creation failed and finally, critical error:

Log name: system

Source: Kernel-power

Event ID: 41

LEVEL: Critical

User: SYSTEM

Keywords: (70368744177664), (2)

"The System has been rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This errror could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed or lost power unexpectedly.

This happens pretty frequently.

lukabajic, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Bundy Win User

Me too > Win10 x64 Explorer randomly crashes, doesn't always even show up in the events log

Explorer crashing

Thanks Zat. I had never looked at event viewer and it had more info than I thought. Seems the problem was a second computer I was trying to network with. Unplugging the ethernet cable fixed the crashes. Explorer must have been looking in the wrong place I guess.

Bundy, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Me too > Win10 x64 Explorer randomly crashes, doesn't always even show up in the events log

1. Me too > Win10 x64 Explorer randomly crashes, doesn't always even show up in the events log - Similar Threads - too Win10 x64

2. event log crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event log crash: my pc keeps freezing, without any blue screen and gets stuck on whatever image is on the screen. this is the event viewer log. what do i do?- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger"...
  3. event log crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event log crash: my pc keeps freezing, without any blue screen and gets stuck on whatever image is on the screen. this is the event viewer log. what do i do?- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger"...
  4. event log crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Win10 Log in: SS3Svc32.exe shows up...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Log in: SS3Svc32.exe shows up...: Hi All: when i turn my desktop PC on every day, this strange request comes on: it is an ".exe" file with the name: SS3Svc32.exe it comes on EVERYTIME i turn the PC on. may i ask if this is ok or something is wrong please? why is it asking me this each time? My Windows...
  6. Event Log too many key migration events

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event Log too many key migration events: Hello, recently I seen that in my event log there are too many of key migration events, and other that connected to keys events, as I seen they are doing cycle of about 20 events, but they are doing it every 2-5 minutes, is it ok? EventID's:5059, 5061, 5058, 5059 submitted...
  7. EVENT 41 , Kernel-Power Random Crash - nothing logged to hardware events

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EVENT 41 , Kernel-Power Random Crash - nothing logged to hardware events: hi , without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. File System Filter 'npsvctrig' 10.0, ‎2025‎-‎01‎-‎06T04:41:12.000000000Z has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager....
  8. Random crash, restarts, and wifi doesn't shows up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random crash, restarts, and wifi doesn't shows up: My laptop, at some point crashes, tells me an error, and restarts. However, after it restarts the wifi icon doesn't shows up meaning that I can't connect to a wifi, for some reason it'll show up if I keep restarting my laptop and the wifi will show up rarely. Takes about a...
  9. Event Viewer shows a successful Log On and Log Off that was not me

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer shows a successful Log On and Log Off that was not me: The Event Viewer shows a successful Log On at my Office at 11:58PM Wednesday and a Log Off at 1:30AM Thursday. I was home in bed sleeping. I work alone and I don't have a secretary. I left the Office early Wednesday because I was ill. I left the PC on, because I was hoping...
  10. error is showing up in the Event View System Log

in Windows 10 Support
    error is showing up in the Event View System Log: Since updating to KB3176938 the following error is showing up in the Event View System Log: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919} and APPID...