Windows 10: meaning of common suffix of services

Discus and support meaning of common suffix of services in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I noticed 18 services have common suffix "9d8ee". Anyone knows the meaning of this suffix? I have no trouble with this, only being curious.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by noellapin, Dec 14, 2019.

1. noellapin Win User

meaning of common suffix of services

I noticed 18 services have common suffix "9d8ee".

Anyone knows the meaning of this suffix?

I have no trouble with this, only being curious.

example:

(1) service name: AarSvc_9d8ee

display name: Agent Activation Runtime_9d8ee

command: C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k AarSvcGroup -p

(2) service name: WpnUserService_9d8ee

display name: Windows Push Notifications User Service_9d8ee

command: C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k UnistackSvcGroup

Windows 10 Home, version 1909, build 18363.535

Desktop PC (Dell inspiron 3250)

Thank you for any information ;-)

:)

noellapin, Dec 14, 2019
  2. 刘中伟 Win User

why are these services name have a suffix

meaning of common suffix of services 64f6a105-6e7b-4b9a-9ab7-0dc95be9bee6?upload=true.png

As the picture shows, what do they mean about the suffix of "_42d52"?

What can I do?

刘中伟, Dec 14, 2019
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Dec 14, 2019
  4. meebers Win User

DNS Suffix Search List

Was poking around this AM to see if my DNS server selection could be improved or if it was ok. After Running Gibson's DNSBench.exe several times, convinced me I was already on the "best" one (openDNS).

When I did an IPconfig /all, I am looking at something that has puzzled me for a while and that is DNS Suffix Search List is listed as T-Mobile.com1?

OpenDNS is set on my computer, as well as in the Wan DNS1/2 on the router. I am using a Tmobile/ASUS TM-AC 1900 and T-Mobile.com1 is listed as the router Domain name?

Appreciate any clarity on this...Tx

meebers, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

1. meaning of common suffix of services - Similar Threads - meaning common suffix

2. Is it common to see to unknow service in Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it common to see to unknow service in Bluetooth: This is the unknown service https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-common-to-see-to-unknow-service-in-bluetooth/a8285107-68f4-4ff1-a3ea-04dab6bce0ef
  3. Is it common to see to unknow service in Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it common to see to unknow service in Bluetooth: This is the unknown service https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-common-to-see-to-unknow-service-in-bluetooth/a8285107-68f4-4ff1-a3ea-04dab6bce0ef
  4. Is it common to see to unknow service in Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. [About Windows 10 Services] Why my services' name with a code as suffix seems randomly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [About Windows 10 Services] Why my services' name with a code as suffix seems randomly?: As the service above, I know it is an official service, but why there is a code, seems like randomly after the main name. Not only this one, and I tried to search for it, there is nothing related something like 'random code after service name'.This one is as well, just...
  6. [About Windows 10 Services] Why my services' name with a code as suffix seems randomly?

in Windows 10 Customization
    [About Windows 10 Services] Why my services' name with a code as suffix seems randomly?: As the service above, I know it is an official service, but why there is a code, seems like randomly after the main name. Not only this one, and I tried to search for it, there is nothing related something like 'random code after service name'.This one is as well, just...
  7. Services with suffix _274f6

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Services with suffix _274f6: HelloI have noticed some services have appeared with a suffix _274f6. I do not know when they were created or what they...
  8. Common Meanings Of A Blue Screen Of Death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Common Meanings Of A Blue Screen Of Death: What Are The Common Meanings Of BSOD Code 0x5C? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/common-meanings-of-a-blue-screen-of-death/a8cbd77e-c4fc-4d2a-8f00-32f3df14aae7
  9. why are these services name have a suffix

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why are these services name have a suffix: what do they mean about the suffix of "_42d52" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning-windows_10/why-are-these-services-name-have-a-suffix/b87daf0f-5409-4393-823e-19c53235426f
  10. Meaning of 'dash' suffix that appears after some CMD commands.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Meaning of 'dash' suffix that appears after some CMD commands.: What is the meaning of the "dash" suffix that appears after some directory locations and CMD Prompt commands? Example: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe -ServerName:microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel . I'm primarily interested in rendering minimal...