Windows 10: Meaning of last 16 characters in winsxs directories

Discus and support Meaning of last 16 characters in winsxs directories in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello!I have a question regarding WinSxS. I can't figure out what the last 16 characters in the WinSxS directories mean. My guess is some kind of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by clqwnless, Feb 12, 2024.

1. clqwnless Win User

Meaning of last 16 characters in winsxs directories

Hello!I have a question regarding WinSxS. I can't figure out what the last 16 characters in the WinSxS directories mean. My guess is some kind of unique identifier. And in addition, these unique identifiers differ by path in the registries: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners" And "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\OFFLINE_COMPONENTS\DerivedData\Components" For example, winsxs cortana at the registry path "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\OFFLINE_COMPONENTS\DerivedData\Components" will be as follows on windows 1809: amd64_microsoft-windows-c..sktop.appxmain.root_31bf3856ad36

:)

clqwnless, Feb 12, 2024

2. Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Feb 12, 2024
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Feb 12, 2024
  4. Meaning of last 16 characters in winsxs directories

Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.1

New features!
    • New button icons!
    • New Total selected directory size!
    • Made the Exit button text bigger!
    Download here

Mindweaver, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

Meaning of last 16 characters in winsxs directories

1. Meaning of last 16 characters in winsxs directories - Similar Threads - Meaning last characters

2. Meaning of last 16 characters in winsxs directories

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Meaning of last 16 characters in winsxs directories: Hello!I have a question regarding WinSxS. I can't figure out what the last 16 characters in the WinSxS directories mean. My guess is some kind of unique identifier. And in addition, these unique identifiers differ by path in the registries:...
  3. Meaning of last 16 characters in winsxs directories

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Meaning of last 16 characters in winsxs directories: Hello!I have a question regarding WinSxS. I can't figure out what the last 16 characters in the WinSxS directories mean. My guess is some kind of unique identifier. And in addition, these unique identifiers differ by path in the registries:...
  4. Is There a way to sort files by the last character?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is There a way to sort files by the last character?: Is there a way to Sort Files within File Explorer by the last character in the filename.See below. Show all the "A"'s first and others last.File0001File0001AFile0002File0002AFile0003File0001ABelow is an actual example of the video file names i want to search. there are...
  5. Is There a way to sort files by the last character?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is There a way to sort files by the last character?: Is there a way to Sort Files within File Explorer by the last character in the filename.See below. Show all the "A"'s first and others last.File0001File0001AFile0002File0002AFile0003File0001ABelow is an actual example of the video file names i want to search. there are...
  6. Is There a way to sort files by the last character?

7. WinSxS

WinSxS: I found WinSxS is big but not large in windirstat. But it is not safe to delete. I got analyze component store in command prompt. After analyze, it says no component store cleanup recomended. I got uninstall some apps but it never free up space. How can i make my disk C free...
  8. WinSxS

WinSxS: I found WinSxS is big but not large in windirstat. But it is not safe to delete. I got analyze component store in command prompt. After analyze, it says no component store cleanup recomended. I got uninstall some apps but it never free up space. How can i make my disk C free...
  9. WinSXS

WinSXS: [IMG] I've tried using cmd like image above, but my storage remain same. What should i do ? And thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winsxs/44b9dd32-c5c5-41fd-a9d8-4470866f3329
  10. What's the story with Win10's WINSXS directory?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's the story with Win10's WINSXS directory?: There's been a lot written about Win7's ever-expanding WINSXS subdirectory. In my Win7 install (which started out as a clean install) WINSXS is now 9.5GB in size. Granted, my system is several years old, but I know at some point the size or complexity of WINSXS is going to...