Windows 10: Measurement in the 3d Builder

Discus and support Measurement in the 3d Builder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Please advise how can someone design without the measurement tool inside 3d builder. I read up about on forums that there is measurement tool inside... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Badar Nasir, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Measurement in the 3d Builder

Please advise how can someone design without the measurement tool inside 3d builder. I read up about on forums that there is measurement tool inside the 3d builder on the object menu, but I am unable to see this in my version of 3d builder. I am using Windows 10.

:)

Badar Nasir, Jan 31, 2019
  2. 3d guru Win User

Measuring objects in 3d builder

Can 3d builder measure STL files and distances within the file. In other words, if I have a .25" thick square 4", with two square .25" towers on it at the very edges opposed to each other, the distance between should be 3.5", can I measure this in 3d builder?

Thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

3d guru, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Measuring objects in 3d builder

3d guru,

Thanks for your question. I'm an engineer on the 3D Builder team and I'd like to take a shot at answering your question.

Yes, measuring in 3D Builder is possible.

Currently in the app the tools for measuring are 1) the numbers representing of the dimension of the object(s) and 2) the build platform (the checkered grid that represents the ground/floor) x and y axis rulers.

I have tried to recreate what you described above in an attempt to show you how it would be possible.

First step is to make sure 3D Builder is using the units of measurement you are interested in. You can do this by hitting the file button and then the settings button:

Measurement in the 3d Builder 3d7f4000-d3bd-49db-8ca1-9a165d209b7d.png

Then select the units you want to use:

Measurement in the 3d Builder cb946056-5661-4a89-a023-3101ba5f73a9.png

Next I created the squares you described above. I selected the two squares you are trying to measure the distance between and put them up against one of the rulers on the build platform. From there I can get a rough idea of the distance between the two objects:

Measurement in the 3d Builder 7a7c8682-c967-4826-ad00-731b964ce316.png

Notice that the selected objects are also highlighted on the ruler on the build plate and because the units selected are in inches the marks on the ruler are also in inches. Using it we can see that the ruler marks add up to 3.5 inches.

I hope this helps.

Let us know if you have any other questions or feedback for 3D Builder.

Thanks!

CBGrant [MSFT], Jan 31, 2019
  4. dj__jg Win User

Measurement in the 3d Builder

Measuring objects in 3d builder

Has this new measurement feature been removed again? I use(d) it quite a lot, because 3D builder is the fastest STL viewer/editor I have and it is really convenient to quickly check measurements with it, but I can't find it anymore. IIRC it was in the
    edit menu, but it isn't there anymore, can't find it in any other menu either.

dj__jg, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Measurement in the 3d Builder

1. Measurement in the 3d Builder - Similar Threads - Measurement Builder

2. Urgent Assistance Needed: Account Compromised Despite Security Measures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent Assistance Needed: Account Compromised Despite Security Measures: Urgent Assistance Needed: Account Compromised Despite Security Measures Hi Microsoft Community, I am writing to update and seek further assistance on a pressing issue regarding my Microsoft account, which has now escalated despite having taken all recommended security...
  3. Urgent Assistance Needed: Account Compromised Despite Security Measures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Urgent Assistance Needed: Account Compromised Despite Security Measures: Urgent Assistance Needed: Account Compromised Despite Security Measures Hi Microsoft Community, I am writing to update and seek further assistance on a pressing issue regarding my Microsoft account, which has now escalated despite having taken all recommended security...
  4. PDF print issue - Insufficient data for image? stopgap measure - use Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF print issue - Insufficient data for image? stopgap measure - use Edge: I need help with printing a PDF which opens albeit locked.Problem is printing; no error message; just information message as followsThe document could not be printed kindly use our help page to troubleshoot.If you continue to face this issue kindly reach out to adobe support...
  5. PDF print issue - Insufficient data for image? stopgap measure - use Edge

PDF print issue - Insufficient data for image? stopgap measure - use Edge: I need help with printing a PDF which opens albeit locked.Problem is printing; no error message; just information message as followsThe document could not be printed kindly use our help page to troubleshoot.If you continue to face this issue kindly reach out to adobe support...
  6. How can I change ruler measurements on new paint windows from pixels to CMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change ruler measurements on new paint windows from pixels to CMS: I hav the new paint app on windows 11 and can't change the ruler measurements from pixels to cms https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-ruler-measurements-on-new-paint/cbac4ba3-53ac-4d07-b836-f029f3d1a07d
  7. How can I change ruler measurements on new paint windows from pixels to CMS

How can I change ruler measurements on new paint windows from pixels to CMS: I hav the new paint app on windows 11 and can't change the ruler measurements from pixels to cms https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-ruler-measurements-on-new-paint/cbac4ba3-53ac-4d07-b836-f029f3d1a07d
  8. Measuring an object In 3d builder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Measuring an object In 3d builder: I have a ships hull in 3d builder imported from Delftship which is 460mm long. I want to split it into 3 pieces to fit on my printer. How can I split it so that each section is sized to the exact length?...
  9. Measuring an object In 3d builder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Measuring an object In 3d builder: I have a ships hull in 3d builder imported from Delftship which is 460mm long. I want to split it into 3 pieces to fit on my printer. How can I split it so that each section is sized to the exact length?...
  10. Measuring an object In 3d builder