Windows 10: Mechanical sata hard drive with jumper setting?

Discus and support Mechanical sata hard drive with jumper setting? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a sata hard drive "samsung sp2004c" and i noticed the hard drive causing a problem such as my system taking longer to startup and using crystal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by quicksilverstud, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Mechanical sata hard drive with jumper setting?

I have a sata hard drive "samsung sp2004c" and i noticed the hard drive causing a problem such as my system taking longer to startup and using crystal disk info where it says if the drive is good it says unknown and is greyed out.

Is there something im not doing right?
    Ps: the jumper settings doesnt have the peg to set slave, master etc and as far as i know those settings dont mater when it comes to sata....right?

:)

quicksilverstud, Sep 30, 2019

2. Windows no longer recognizes second internal hard drive

Thanks but I am using SATA hard drives and, unilke IDE drives, there are no jumpers to be set. The internal SATA hard drives are connected to a hard drive SATA port on the motherboard with a data cable in the same way as the main drive.

graham2014, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Mechanical Hard Drive A:\

Proceed with the steps I gave you to test the hard drive to know for sure it's condition.

If it passes wipe it and try formatting as suggested. If it fails initializing as MBR then try GPT (for data).

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 30, 2019
  4. mclarko Win User

Mechanical sata hard drive with jumper setting?

Jumper Setting on Diamond Max 10 SATA

The problem is that the jumper on this HD has come off and I dont know where to put it back on correctly.

I have a Maxtor Diamond Max 10 6V300f0. The only refernece to the jumper settings is in the MAXTOR PDF manual, which states:
    "To ensure proper operation of your drive, do not use the jumper pins to the right of the SATA interface cable." (Page 8)
    Maxtor External Hard Drives and SSDs | Maxtor

Furthermore, the PDF shows only 3 pins in the diagram , wheres my HD has 4 pins.

Can anybody enlighten me? Its stupid, cos the manual says how great this SATA drive is cos you dont have to worry about jumper settings for slave, master , CS etc, and yet theyve given me a another set of jumpers to figure out - just when i was getting my head around the last lot!

Rgds
    Malco

mclarko, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Mechanical sata hard drive with jumper setting?

1. Mechanical sata hard drive with jumper setting? - Similar Threads - Mechanical sata hard

2. NEW Sata Hard drive will not let computer boot ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEW Sata Hard drive will not let computer boot ?: Hi, I have an HP z220 desktop computer.It has a Sata SSD and TWO Conventional Sata hard drives.It works fine in Windows-10I wanted to add another hard drive but they don’t want to let the computer boot.But they work after I turn on the computer I plug the hard drive in via...
  3. NEW Sata Hard drive will not let computer boot ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NEW Sata Hard drive will not let computer boot ?: Hi, I have an HP z220 desktop computer.It has a Sata SSD and TWO Conventional Sata hard drives.It works fine in Windows-10I wanted to add another hard drive but they don’t want to let the computer boot.But they work after I turn on the computer I plug the hard drive in via...
  4. NEW Sata Hard drive will not let computer boot ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. SATA hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA hard drive: Hi, my WD Blue M.2 NVME SSD, where I store most of my data on my computer, has a blue question mark over it. It does not appear in hidden devices in device manager, and does not show up in disk management. It is not recognized anywhere except where it has the blue question...
  6. SATA hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SATA hard drive: Hi, my WD Blue M.2 NVME SSD, where I store most of my data on my computer, has a blue question mark over it. It does not appear in hidden devices in device manager, and does not show up in disk management. It is not recognized anywhere except where it has the blue question...
  7. Sata hard drive failures in Windows 10!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sata hard drive failures in Windows 10!!!: Can we get any answers on a very long unresolved issue in Windows 10 please...? Me too have lost about 5 Sata Ide, different makes, speeds and sizes drives because of Windows 10. No answers seems to be given at all. Start up repair doesn’t work, and the only answer is try a...
  8. SATA mechanical hard disk is normal on windows7 but intermittent reads and writes are not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SATA mechanical hard disk is normal on windows7 but intermittent reads and writes are not...: When I try to use my mechanical hard drive on Windows 10, it often does not respond no matter which hdd i use, eventhougt i juse buy it form jd, but I did not encounter this problem on Windows 7, I used AMD athlon X4 870K cpu, I have tried to update my driver, but it did not...
  9. External hard drive not detected (USB 3.0, SATA)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hard drive not detected (USB 3.0, SATA): Hi. I'm trying to connect an external hard drive to my PC but it won't show up. Best I can do with it is light it up. If I connect it to a USB 2.0 port, it keeps on disconnecting as it should. But on 3.0 ports, it either lights up or doesnt light up but not show up at all....
  10. How do i short stroke a mechanical hard drive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do i short stroke a mechanical hard drive?: I was doing research and found something about short stroking a hard drive, i read that your supposed to use hd tune and pay attention to where the blue line drops or something but i never figured out how id configure how much room id take from my hard drive so that i have...