Windows 10: Mechanics of Macrium Reflect 7

Discus and support Mechanics of Macrium Reflect 7 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, i would like to know if it is possible to image my entire laptop after first bootup without first installing reflect on the laptop itself. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/onomatopoetix, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Mechanics of Macrium Reflect 7

Hi guys, i would like to know if it is possible to image my entire laptop after first bootup without first installing reflect on the laptop itself.

My intention is basically create a macrium rescue media on a different win10 laptop, boot up my brand spanking new laptop for the first time just as a 'maiden' bootup, and not do anything else but shift+restart into the macrium winPE (or winRE?) flashdrive and start imaging the whole internal factory stock SSD from there. so that when SHTF and I reimage it, i also start tabula rasa without macrium installed, just like brand new unboxed.

Is that possible, and do I choose winRE or winPE? Will there be any trouble detecting an external SSD in the recovery environment? Should i also plug in the SSD for storing the image into the other laptop that will create macrium's rescue environment before creating said RE into the flashdrive?

How does it go?

submitted by /u/onomatopoetix
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/onomatopoetix, Mar 1, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Mechanics of Macrium Reflect 7 [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Mar 1, 2021
  3. aswiseman Win User
    BSOD on Windows 7 Pro - pssnap.sys - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - Macrium Reflect

I recently ran Windows Update on Windows 7 Professional, as I do every few weeks. Everything seemed to go OK, until I restarted and after the animated flag logo formed up, I got a flash of a blue screen and
    an immediate restart.

Using F8 to prevent restarts, I was able to read the screen...

A quick Google shows this is caused by the interaction of Macrium Reflect (back-up software) and a Windows fix for SPECTRE.

I didn't think I still had Macrium installed, so it appears to have left behind the pssnap.sys, which is used at start-up time. Macrium have issued a fix which removes this file from start-up and new versions
    of the software no longer install it as a start up service...

Windows 7 32 bit - pagefault_in_non-paged_area pssnap.sys - KnowledgeBase v7 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase - KnowledgeBase v7 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase

All well and good, but the fix doesn't work for me :-(

The fix involves booting from a Macrium-customised Windows PE and then running their removesnap.exe (downloaded onto a USB stick) which I think alters the registry to prevent the c:\windows\system32\drivers\pssnap.sys
    from running.

It tells me it has run successfully, shows the path of the registry entry and eveything. But when I reboot, the BSOD is still there.

I have tried renaming pssnap.sys to pssnap.old. But when I reboot I still get the BSOD (but without the reference to pssnap.sys and the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA).

I have also tried installing a later version of pssnap.sys (by getting a newer version of Reflect and putting it on another boot partition and copying this newer pssnap.sys over the older one.) I still get
    the error.

So I was wondering whether it's not working for me because I have a dual-boot (well multi-boot machine)? I have an SSD with Win 7 and Win 10 plus a HDD with the old versions of Win 7 and Win 10 which were
    copied to the SSD.

Is it possible that the removesnap.exe doesn't know which installation to work on?

Do I need to change the broken Windows 7 to be the default boot partition first and then run all of this?

Any/all ideas gratefully received!

aswiseman, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Ed-jo Win User

Mechanics of Macrium Reflect 7

Issues with Macrium Reflect and SyncToy programs Windows 10.

trying to create a task for synctoy, or any other program fails, also scheduler not working for macrium reflect either, any help appreciated.

Old title: cant create a task get multiple errors.

Ed-jo, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Mechanics of Macrium Reflect 7

1. Mechanics of Macrium Reflect 7 - Similar Threads - Mechanics Macrium Reflect

2. Macrium reflect 7

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium reflect 7: So i have recently started to use the free version of Macrium Reflect 7 i have saved an image on a pendrive which i will update weekly, so what do i need to do to achieve this please? 158605
  3. Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free

Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free: On the Macrium Reflect Forums, they state that Macrium Reflect Free Version 7 will be available by end of June. 85239
  4. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  5. Macrium Reflect Difficulties

Macrium Reflect Difficulties: Hi all I've got an issue with imaging using Macrium Reflect Free. I'm running a dual boot system using Bootcamp with Windows 7 & 10 on two primary partitions on my iMac 24. Both work perfectly but if I run Macrium Reflect on either one of the two OS's, the Windows 10...
  6. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  7. Macrium Reflect 7 discount

Macrium Reflect 7 discount: Hey guys I just finished talking with the good folks at Macrium and they gave me the OK to post a discount code for our members to use.......not a great deal but it is for 10% off purchases for the next 7 days...... Just click on the "buy now" button and check the...
  8. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  9. Macrium Reflect Home 7 - GERMANY

Macrium Reflect Home 7 - GERMANY: [img] 78080
  10. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........