Windows 10: MechCommander 2

Discus and support MechCommander 2 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone. RetroGamer69 Here. I'm having a craving for some old school games I loved as a kid. Mainly the MechCommander 2/Wolfman RTS games. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RetroGamer69, Feb 1, 2020.

1. MechCommander 2

Hello everyone. RetroGamer69 Here. I'm having a craving for some old school games I loved as a kid. Mainly the MechCommander 2/Wolfman RTS games. I have been trying for 4 days now to get these games to run on my Win 10 PC. I have tried VMWare, Virtual Box, and I'm installing a separate OS of Win 8. I have tried all of the compatibility fixes, but alas...nothing works. I tried ALL the fixes online, deleting files using VooDoo etc. Still, sadly nothing works. I have just about to given up hope of ever playing these games again. Please, I'm on my knees here...if anyone has an actual working fix for this...please let me know. Thank you for your listening to an old gamer fart. :

RetroGamer69

:)

RetroGamer69, Feb 1, 2020

2. How to get Mechcommander to run on Windows 10

Hi Frank,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would require more information to help you better.

• What happens when you double click on the MechCommander game? Do you get any error message/code?
    • Is this issue specific to this particular game?
    I suggest you to run the game in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on the game and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the game run and then check the functionality.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Feb 1, 2020
  3. MikeCerpa Win User
    Help with Mechcommander 2 working on Windows 10?

I recently downloaded Mechcommander 2, using XP SPack 2 and 3 to try and get the compatibility to work. However, no matter what I tried, whenever I launched a mission, the game would show the proper resolution for a moment in the loading screen, then would
    change to a resolution that cuts off a third of the lower and right sides of the screen. Is there anyone who has had this problem and knows how to fix it?

Link to a picture of what happens when mission launches: http://i.imgur.com/PHJ8a3B.jpg

Thanks

MikeCerpa, Feb 1, 2020
  4. MechCommander 2

How to get Mechcommander to run on Windows 10

I have the PC game MechCommander .........and can't get it to run on my PC (windows 10)

FrankCunnion, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

MechCommander 2

1. MechCommander 2 - Similar Threads - MechCommander

2. Update all MechWarrior and MechCommander titles to work in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update all MechWarrior and MechCommander titles to work in Windows 10: I've just found the original post petitioning for this, started in April of 2015. It appears to have recently been closed and locked, so I'm starting this one to keep the pressure on. All Mechwarrior and MechCommander titles from 1992, onward, should be easily and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mechcommander 2 windows 10

2. mechcommander 2 for windows 10