Windows 10: Media and FN keys not working

Discus and support Media and FN keys not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm using an Apple wireless keyboard on Windows 10 without any third party software or the bootcamp driver installed and have been using the keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/brianx87, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Media and FN keys not working

I'm using an Apple wireless keyboard on Windows 10 without any third party software or the bootcamp driver installed and have been using the keyboard fine with media and FN key functioning as normal (volume changing windows system volume, media keys controlling current media player, FN+backspace=delete) until now.

My method for this was connect the keyboard via bluetooth, install the custom FR - Apple AZERTY layout then use DriverFusion software from Steam to install any obscure or out dated drivers for my system that don't get pick up by Windows update. This has proven fine for me and my past installations but a new installation of 2004 I did today it has not worked.

What is the issue here?

I have assumed until now that Driverfusion had been installing an updated generic driver for the keyboard as many of the generic drivers that are installed are listed as out of date and are updated by DriverFusion. If this is correct how can I obtain the latest generic driver for a keyboard?

Could it also be an issue with the HID Service?

submitted by /u/brianx87
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/brianx87, Aug 27, 2020
  2. mino1337 Win User

Fn key/media keys not working

Hi community,

Problem:

• I have a problem with my dell laptop's ( G5 5590) Fn key.
    Description:

1. My Fn key does not work sometimes.
    2. After a restart or a boot it works fine but after waking from sleep it doesn't.

Why I think it's a software issue:

• I went through the dell diagnosing tool ( something like bios) to see if the key went bad but it works there.

What I think the problem is:

1. Some service fails to boot .
    2. some app is taking over the media keys control.
    I hope someone can solve this.

Thank you.

mino1337, Aug 27, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    New laptop FN keys not working [Solved]

Exactly what I was used to do, pressing the FN key with an F key but that didn't work....
    If I press the FN key I get f1 f2 f3 and so on.

It was just the other way around, but I figured it out now.*Smile Media and FN keys not working :)

P4-630, Aug 27, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Media and FN keys not working

New laptop FN keys not working [Solved]

The FN key seems to be a toggle , I don't need to press it every time I want to adjust the volume or brightness.
    With all my previous laptops I needed to press the FN key WITH the f key I needed to use, so it works slightly different on this laptop than what I'm used to.

P4-630, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Media and FN keys not working

1. Media and FN keys not working - Similar Threads - Media keys working

2. Brightness FN keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness FN keys not working: Hello, yesterday i reinstalled windows 10 in my Acer Nitro 5 an515-54 laptop, and it was all working except the fn + rignt and left arrow keys. I checked in an "test your input" site, and appearently, it doesn't even register. I already tried fiddling with bios function key...
  3. Fn Key not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fn Key not working: When I try Fn key + F3 Or any other key it is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fn-key-not-working/d6e865b1-781d-4b82-944e-7e418c79ba2a
  4. Fn key/media keys not working

Fn key/media keys not working: Hi community, Problem: I have a problem with my dell laptop's ( G5 5590) Fn key. Description: My Fn key does not work sometimes. After a restart or a boot it works fine but after waking from sleep it doesn't. Why I think it's a software issue: I went through...
  5. Fn key not working

Fn key not working: Hi, My Fn key randomly stops working, sometimes it doesn't work on start-up. I have a dell g5 5590. Tried fixes: - Reinstalling HID keyboard drivers. - trying Windows mobility center, the option is absent. - Activating, reactivating through bios. - reinstalling...
  6. FN + f1-f12 keycombination not working properly as media keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    FN + f1-f12 keycombination not working properly as media keys: I've had this problem since i updated to the last version of windows. what i expect the keys to do is when i press the combination FN + f7 the music in spotify plays or pauses but when i have any form of media on chrome open for example a youtube video, i plays/pauses that...
  7. Fn keys not working

Fn keys not working: I recently installed the Win 10 Oct 18 update. I went to project my screen and my fn keys won't work anymore. How can I get the old keyboard drivers back so I have my fn keys...
  8. Function key (Fn) is not working!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function key (Fn) is not working!: When i press Fn + F1 or any other combination nothing happens. I have troubleshooted, restarted and tried many fixes. Please help! It's a Toshiba laptop. The issue has been occuring for a long time....
  9. Fn keys not working

Fn keys not working: Im using sony vaio pc I had upgraded it from win7 to win10 and now my fn keys are not working except those volume functions none of them are working. I NEED HELP VERY BADLY...
  10. FN key not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FN key not working: Hello, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E531, With Windows 10 Pro,and when i click my wireless connection switch keys,Fn and f8,instead of turning my wireless connection on it makes this menu pop up on the side of my screen with airplane mode,bluetooth etc. it is very...