Windows 10: Media / Batch Files

Discus and support Media / Batch Files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft, and other people viewing this post / question. There is no possible way (except with SOUND.exe, only compatible with old versions of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mario Gamer Exp, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Media / Batch Files

Hello Microsoft, and other people viewing this post / question. There is no possible way (except with SOUND.exe, only compatible with old versions of Windows) to run media without the media player showing up. Microsoft, if you're reading this, if you make another version of Windows, which I think you should because your OSs are the best, the thing I wish for most is to be able to play music in a batch file without the media player showing up. Another thing for Microsoft, I was thinking of working for you guys someday. In Windows 11 or Microsoft Codename [Whatever], there should be a feature for that. Or could you please make an update for Windows 10 that has that feature?

A (BIG) Fan,

Mario Gamer Expert

:)

Mario Gamer Exp, Sep 26, 2018
  2. oily_17 Win User

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Sep 26, 2018
  3. Batch Files Knowledge Base

Very nice and usefull thanks for contributing.

AphexDreamer, Sep 26, 2018
  4. Steevo Win User

Media / Batch Files

Batch file to ping network

No, batch files are extremely easy.

A "If" requires three extra steps.

Code is not how much you can put in, but how lite can you make it and still perform the functions.

So

@ echo off

ping 1.4.1.4 >a.txt

findstr /m "Request timed out" a.txt
    if %errorlevel%%==0 (
    echo Save our nets!!!
    )

pause

Steevo, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

Media / Batch Files

1. Media / Batch Files - Similar Threads - Media Batch Files

2. Batch File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch File: Hi, I am trying to create a batch file to determine whether a user account is signed on.I don't have enough experience to get it to @Echo it worked. Any advice please.Batch file:REM Query whether user SBackup is active@echo onsetlocal enabledelayedexpansionset...
  3. Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file: Hi yall, Does anybody know if I can start/stop Media Streaming from a batch file? Otherwise I have to go Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Media streaming every time it needs a reboot (sometimes it hangs or it fails to start after reboot)....
  4. Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file: HiIs there any way to start/stop the Media Streaming from a batch file? I been encountering that, sometimes, after a reboot or when the pc wakes up, I need to start it from scrat or even restart it Media Streaming because my TV wont pick it up. I been going all the way from...
  5. Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file

Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file: HiIs there any way to start/stop the Media Streaming from a batch file? I been encountering that, sometimes, after a reboot or when the pc wakes up, I need to start it from scrat or even restart it Media Streaming because my TV wont pick it up. I been going all the way from...
  6. Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Batch Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch Files: How do i make it that my batch file puts itself in to startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-files/6156404d-20d4-4f58-bee5-14629dbf7b10
  8. Batch Files

Batch Files: How do i make it that my batch file puts itself in to startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-files/6156404d-20d4-4f58-bee5-14629dbf7b10
  9. Create batch files with Batch?

Create batch files with Batch?: How to create Batch and VBS files with Batch? So I write a batch file which I then convert to exe that creates new folders in a certain directory and then creates batch and VBS files with a certain content and saves them in the created folder. So it's similar to a program...
  10. Batch File

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch File: I need a batch file to create a folder with sub folders. The sub folders will be named the current date, they will go in a folder on c drive. For example we can call the folder test and it would be in documents on c drive. Every time we run the batch file it would create a...