Windows 10: Media Buttons not working

Discus and support Media Buttons not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My media buttons (play/pause/skip) on my keyboard have mysteriously stopped working. For some reason they act as letters when in a search bar. I’ve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Veirst, Apr 3, 2020.

1. /u/Veirst Win User

Media Buttons not working

My media buttons (play/pause/skip) on my keyboard have mysteriously stopped working. For some reason they act as letters when in a search bar. I’ve tried multiple things but nothing seems to work. Any help, please?

Edit: They don’t work on Spotify or chrome.

submitted by /u/Veirst
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Veirst, Apr 3, 2020

2. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Apr 3, 2020
  3. OrbitzXT Win User
    Programming Keyboard Buttons to Control Media?

I made a post about a week ago with my media Next/Previous Track keys not working in Warcraft 3. They apparently don't work in Starcraft 2 either, so someone suggested to me that I make it where keys like Insert, Home, Pg Up/Down etc control what I need for media player...only, I don't know how to do this. Can anyone offer any assistance?

OrbitzXT, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Media Buttons not working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Media Buttons not working

1. Media Buttons not working - Similar Threads - Media Buttons working

2. Media buttons not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media buttons not working: Media buttons arent working F9, F10, F11 On browser, Youtube, Spotify, you name it. Funny thing is they perform their functions when I press them along with the Fn key....
  3. Media buttons not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media buttons not working: Media buttons arent working F9, F10, F11 On browser, Youtube, Spotify, you name it. Funny thing is they perform their functions when I press them along with the Fn key....
  4. Media buttons not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Media buttons do not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media buttons do not work: The media buttons do not work when I open a program in VLS Media Player or switch to another program, but Windows Media Player everything works fine when you open the window, you can switch to the next music FN+F6--F7 but how to do it in VLC? hen switching to another program...
  6. Media buttons do not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media buttons do not work: The media buttons do not work when I open a program in VLS Media Player or switch to another program, but Windows Media Player everything works fine when you open the window, you can switch to the next music FN+F6--F7 but how to do it in VLC? hen switching to another program...
  7. Play/Pause Media button not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Play/Pause Media button not working: For some reason my play/pause media button on my keyboard doesn't work right, when I press it the music rapidly pauses and then un-pauses, so fast that you cant even tell that I tried to pause it. Both the Skip and Rewind media buttons work fine, but the Play/Pause button...
  8. Problem with media buttons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with media buttons: Hello, my media buttons stopped working and i cannot find a working fix, i tried the chrome thing, its not it, automatic start the human interface devices didnt work either. im with a asus laptop, the fn+ volume brightness everything works fine but pause/play skip track etc,...
  9. bluetooth media buttons don't work on 1803 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bluetooth media buttons don't work on 1803 update: DON'T GIVE US THOSE STUPID SOLUTIONS BECAUSE NONE OF THEM WORKS, YOU OBVIOUSLY CHANGED SOMETHING WITH THE 1803 UPDATE THAT DISABLES BLUETOOTH CONTROLS FOR DESKTOP APPS, YOU WILL FIX THIS UNTIL THEN ENJOY MY POSTS, SINCE YOU'RE DISRESPECTFUL THAT YOU DON'T HAVE THE DECENCY TO...
  10. Bluetooth media buttons not working after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bluetooth media buttons not working after 1803 update: YOU CAN BLOCK ME IF YOU WANT, I WILL CREATE ANOTHER ACCOUNT TO POST ABOUT THIS ISSUE UNTIL YOU (MICROSOFT) RESOLVE IT MY ISSUE: I USE VLC AND OTHER MEDIA PLAYERS AND EVER SINCE THIS STUPID UPDATE 1803 ALL MEDIA BUTTONS ARE NOT WORKING WITH MY BLUETOOTH HEADSET, SO MY...