Windows 10: Media Card Reader not working

Discus and support Media Card Reader not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since updating my device from Windows 7 to Win10, I've not been able to utilise my media card reader. It never seems to recognise when a media card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stellakebab, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Media Card Reader not working

Since updating my device from Windows 7 to Win10, I've not been able to utilise my media card reader. It never seems to recognise when a media card has been inserted.

I have a HP Pavillion Media Centre PC which i have updated a few things on before upgrading to Win10. I have an MSI MS-7A39 system.

Can someone please advise on how i get the media card slots working. When i take a media card out of the slot, a notification pops up in bottom right

"Removable Disk (FMedia Card Reader not working :)
    Select what happens with removable drives"

When i click on it, the only option is Configure storage settings. Upon clicking, i get an error dialog saying

"F:\

The directory name is invalid"

This is annoying me as i can't seem to get my dashcam videos onto my PC, so much that I purchased a fujifilm media card reader only for that to also not work, was told to run the hardware troubleshooter in order to get the appropriate driver for the device, but i no longer have the hardware troubleshooter.

:)

stellakebab, Jun 10, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

SD Card reader not working.

Hi,

There are several reasons why your SD card reader is not working. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What are the other troubleshooting steps have you done so for?
    • Have you tried to use another SD card reader and see if it is getting recognized or detected by your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jun 10, 2019
  3. card reader

Hi Sam,

To isolate this concern, have you tried adding the card reader to folder as the source file in Photo app? If no, please add it by following the steps below:

• Open Photo app.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Add a folder under Sources.
    • Choose the card reader folder.
    • Click Add this folder to Pictures.

Once done, please check if you can now access the card reader photos.

Keep us posted.

Charianne Per, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Media Card Reader not working

Insignia Card Reader not working

Hi Robert,

I apologize for not addressing you in a timely manner. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that resolves the issue.

Method 1: Run the Hardware troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

a. Type Troubleshooting and click Troubleshooting under
    Settings.

b. Now type Hardware Troubleshooter in the search option.

c. Click on Hardware troubleshooter to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update the Card Reader Driver:

Follow these steps to update the driver.

a) Press Windows key + X key and click on Device manager.

b) Search for the Card Reader Driver and expand it.

c) Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.

Go to Device Manger and check if the SD card shows up. Steps to go to Device manager.

• Press Windows Key + X and click on Device Manager.

• Search for USB Port and expand it.

• Check if it’s visible there.
    Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Media Card Reader not working

1. Media Card Reader not working - Similar Threads - Media Card Reader

2. Scandisk card reader not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scandisk card reader not working: I have a Scandisk cf card reader that has been changed to a Genesys Logic card reader by the installation of the wrong driver. I am using a Windows 10 PC. Now the card reader is not visible in This PC though I can see it in Device manager but can no longer access the files...
  3. card reader

card reader: my laptop card reader doesn't show on the driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/4999cf63-aa7c-4335-9858-89aec06a900f
  4. Card Reader

Card Reader: Since an update on Windows 10 I can not get my card reader to work. It can't find the subsystem? Very frustrating as it is a work tool that needs to be used once a week. Any help ideas? I went to the software provider and they can't fix it and told me to seek help from...
  5. Card Reader

Card Reader: I've had windows 10 for at least a year, everything works fine. My card reader worked a few days ago, and now does not seem to recognize the card at all. No sounds come from my laptop when inserted....
  6. card reader

card reader: why does the card reader IN my computer not register as a device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/04a02571-00f6-41fd-9507-369eb1db0087
  7. SD Card Reader not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    SD Card Reader not working: My PC doesn't recognize my SD card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader-not-working/6a47076e-3cbc-4d69-85bf-53aeedfc23bf
  8. card reader

card reader: trying to download pics to cardreader, you said go to start then click on computer. how do I find computer in the list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/c0ff138c-1646-4957-8074-1917b4af8bd5
  9. SD-card reader not working

SD-card reader not working: Hi I am having trouble accessing my SD card it work fine with another similar laptop, mine just keeps telling em to format the drive, and when i try to format it says it is not able to format it. Alex...
  10. Multi card reader not working

Multi card reader not working: Hi Guys I have a multi card reader and until today I thought it was working but having a need to use it to access an sd card I find that it is not working. I have installed the Intel Chipset inf file. I am unsure as to what to do next. I think if build 10134 does...