Windows 10: Media center software

Discus and support Media center software in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I did purchase windows media center software and installed on my xp version new gave new PC with windows 10 can I transfer to it media center software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by radekkarpunin, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Media center software

I did purchase windows media center software and installed on my xp version new gave new PC with windows 10 can I transfer to it media center software I already have purchase or need to buy new again ?

:)

radekkarpunin, Jan 2, 2021

2. media center software

i am in the process of upgrading my media center.

currently it is a

amd opteron 1210 dual core
    2 gb of memory
    asus m2n sli motherboard
    fanless gigabyte x1300 video card
    i have it in a silverstone case with an imon front panel

im going to be upgrading to

amd 640 quad amd processor
    foxconn cinema deluxe motherboard
    8gb of memory
    video = onboard 4200

during this switch i want to change media software

I am currently using xbmc

which i use ember media manager to scrape all of the media.

the issue is, my movie / tv collection has gotten to large. (after i ripped all of the dvds in my house)

what i need is a media manager that can manage diffrent "collections"

right now i have a million kids movies added into my collection... and it makes going through them a real pain.

tv shows are also fun.

what i end up doing is reverting back to median hd, wich allows me to browse by file location.

also all of my movies are not local to the media center. they are on network shares.

any suggestions?

THRiLL KiLL, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Law-II Win User
    Windows Media Center Live TV Help

Hi

go here - Hauppauge | Page Not Found select "Windows Media Center install" tab

look at - Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center - select download (will open a pdf with screen by screen instructions)
    "Download
    Here is a screen by screen view of the setup of Windows Media Center. It was based on the WinTV-HVR-1600, but the setup with other WinTV-HVR products will be similar."

Follow the guide stage by stage

let the TPU community know at what "step" Media Center gets stuck at Example: step 1, step 2

nb: It may be to do with your zip code and or post code not being entered

In regard to your DVD Rom drive - go to -control panel/device manager/DVD/CD-ROM drives -make a note of the make and model number Example: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-215D ATA Device - highlight the device you have installed -press right mouse button-select properties-details-property and select Install Date from the drop down list and let us know this.

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Law-II, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Media center software

xp media center ?

ok how do i do this so i dont screw this up. i almost need a step by step instructions in a way. i have never done this before.

amd64skater, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

Media center software

1. Media center software - Similar Threads - Media center software

2. Media center 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media center 8.1: Every time I close the media center I have to go through the set up every time I open it, dose anyone know how to fix this.Last time I went through the set up I only minimised it and let the pc go to sleep, when I oped it a few days later it was still working till I closed...
  3. Window Media Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window Media Center: how do i conncet my pc to window media https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-media-center/1eab3dec-0a3e-482a-8ee3-ee4d29a3cf0d
  4. Software Center

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Software Center: Software Center is not on my computer. Where do I install it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-center/5111d89a-0317-4fb8-a54d-490948d5ad3b
  5. windows media center

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows media center: how to i get the internet tv to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-center/51d4e124-c330-4adc-ab56-07efefc6d65b
  6. Microsoft Software Center

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Software Center: I am having an issue with Software Center on my pc as it is not installed on my computer. I have looked all over and have tried following the steps on the Software Center guide but it still is not working....
  7. Media center

Media center: Hi, upgraded my computer to window 10 pro but no longer able to get media center, used to play a slideshow of my best photo,s whilst listing to my music. can anyone recommend a replacement for this task. thank you regards...
  8. Media Center Library

Media Center Library: Using Media Center Library, how do I add a new photo to an existing photo folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-center-library/01bebacd-ca48-458e-99e5-4658d18124d1"
  9. Roku and media center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Roku and media center: I would like to be able to access media center through roku https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roku-and-media-center/b88851f0-56ef-41de-8ee8-015a756ab6b5
  10. Windows Media Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Center: I've just tested and I was able to add Media Center to Windows 10 with my Windows 8 media center key *Party Although my desktop watermark now shows as Windows 8.1 with media center. 1963