Windows 10: media centre screen has frozen and has locked mouse out due to frozen pop up

Discus and support media centre screen has frozen and has locked mouse out due to frozen pop up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Background. I use Windows Media Centre to record my TV shows and watch them later. when turn on my system, the list of my recording is up. For years,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Glendaneedshelp, Dec 14, 2018.

1. media centre screen has frozen and has locked mouse out due to frozen pop up

Background. I use Windows Media Centre to record my TV shows and watch them later. when turn on my system, the list of my recording is up. For years, I need to clear a regular pop up as the system thinks it has not had a clear Chanel signal and may not have recorded the programs. This annoying pop up is often wrong as the program has recorded successfully. the pop up is; 'No TV Signal' with the option to select 'Recorded TV 'or 'Cancel' I just click on 'Recorded tv' several times to clear this pop up. When it appears, it automatically locks the screen and the mouse won't select, until it is cleared..... No problem, until tonight. My problem is; When I was clearing the normal several Pop Ups, with clicking on "Recorded TV," as usual, the screen froze by making a loud buzzing and jumping a bit, it then remains frozen because I can't clear the pop up because it has frozen the screen. A catch 22 . I can move the mouse onscreen but it won't select. I am using a computer tower connected to a TV I use the tv as the computer screen. I use a small air mouse with a mini keyboard. I don't want to turn off the computer tower because I know I won't be able to access when switched back on, it until the screen is unfrozen because it won't allow the mouse to click to select. The mouse does move but is locked out from operation by the frozen screen. Please, Is then some way I can force the 'No Signal 'pop up to leave the screen? I don't have a keyboard to plug in. Microsoft don't support this product anymore so won't help. I need some bright person to help me troubleshoot this problem please help.

:)

Glendaneedshelp, Dec 14, 2018

2. Mouse pointer frozen on desktop screen

No actual mouse, using touch pad. Am able to log in, pointer can be moved at this stage. But once the desktop screen is visible, the mouse pointer is frozen in the centre of the screen.

MichaelJerreat, Dec 14, 2018
  3. SwagatP Win User
    frozen screen

Its working all fine now. Without any need of reset. It did turn out that this frozen screen was due to Microsoft's new app of lock screen beta. Uninstalling that app and once using it on kids mode perfectly solved the problem. Since then this issue never
    came. Thank you for all your suggestions.

SwagatP, Dec 14, 2018
  4. media centre screen has frozen and has locked mouse out due to frozen pop up

Frozen

Screen says RECOVERY It looks like windows didn't load correctly. Cannot choose either choice shown because mouse does not work on frozen screen. Cannot start in SAFE mode or use any suggestions from microsoft community because it's frozen. Help!

LaurieDito, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

media centre screen has frozen and has locked mouse out due to frozen pop up

1. media centre screen has frozen and has locked mouse out due to frozen pop up - Similar Threads - media centre screen

2. windows 11 has a black screen with frozen mouse cursor after going out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 has a black screen with frozen mouse cursor after going out of sleep mode: so hey yalli had an issue with my device on 2 different windows installswindows 10 and windows 11every few days 5-7 daysmy laptop would overheat with the fan going on max speed while being in sleep modeafter opening the laptop it has a black screen with a frozen mouse cursor...
  3. windows 11 has a black screen with frozen mouse cursor after going out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 has a black screen with frozen mouse cursor after going out of sleep mode: so hey yalli had an issue with my device on 2 different windows installswindows 10 and windows 11every few days 5-7 daysmy laptop would overheat with the fan going on max speed while being in sleep modeafter opening the laptop it has a black screen with a frozen mouse cursor...
  4. frozen start up screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    frozen start up screen.: since ive downloaded the new windows 11 update ive been having issues with my laptop loading up. i cant access my log in screen for days or hours. i have to let it sit just to get it to respond. is anyone else having these issues since the new update and if so can you help?...
  5. frozen start up screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    frozen start up screen.: since ive downloaded the new windows 11 update ive been having issues with my laptop loading up. i cant access my log in screen for days or hours. i have to let it sit just to get it to respond. is anyone else having these issues since the new update and if so can you help?...
  6. Screen, Keyboard and Mouse Frozen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen, Keyboard and Mouse Frozen: This is happening in both of my PCs and i don't know what else to do. I'm using my PC normaly and for some reason the screen freezes, the keyboard doesn't work (i try to remove and connect the USB but it doesn't turn on the lights) and the cursor) mouse moves normal for a...
  7. Update has frozen computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update has frozen computer: Signed off last night and gave the go ahead to "update and shut down". Came in this morning and when I boot up computer I just get "lenovo" on black screen and it won't come on past that. Suggestions?...
  8. Frozen lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Frozen lock screen: Hello. Yesturday, night i had a time limit on my computer which was past its screen time. I tried to send a request to my parents but however, i had an internet problem. I had tried to reconnect in the lock screen by reconnecting and turning off the internet, all of a...
  9. Windows Lock Screen frozen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Lock Screen frozen?: Hi, so to begin with let me say I have been dealing with this issue since last night. This is what happened: 1. Computer was working fine, but I noticed my old 120GB IDE drive was not being recognized and I could not access its files. 2. After turning off the computer and...
  10. Start screen search has frozen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start screen search has frozen: The search function on the Start screen has locked up. Typing a few letters does bring up search results - but I can go no further. Nothing can be selected as mouse clicks have no effect. Also, just recently, the search function is bringing up some odd "promo" for Microsoft...