Windows 10: Media Creation Tool 20H2 does not work

Discus and support Media Creation Tool 20H2 does not work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Win 10 Pro 20H2 19042.906 installed, and I am trying to use the Media Creation Tool to create a Windows 10 .iso file. The tool progresses to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TomCoulter, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Media Creation Tool 20H2 does not work

I have Win 10 Pro 20H2 19042.906 installed, and I am trying to use the Media Creation Tool to create a Windows 10 .iso file. The tool progresses to the point where it shows "Downloading Windows 10", but the progress remains at 0%. I've tried several times, saving both the iso or creating a USB boot drive.

:)

TomCoulter, Apr 2, 2021

2. Media Creation Tool is NOT working

Hi,

There are several reasons why you're getting this issue on downloading Windows 10 using the
    Media Creation Tool. The most common are the network connection or the anti-virus firewall is enabled on your device.

To resolve this, we suggest that you manually update the operating system instead of using the Media Creation Tool. Click on this
    link for the steps on how to update
    Windows.

Eileen Gal, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Media creation tool

Hi,

We would like to know more about this concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to download Media Creation Tool?

Desiree Yau, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Kyhi Win User

Media Creation Tool 20H2 does not work

Media Creation Tool

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10

your link "EN-CA" My link "EN-US"

Kyhi, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

Media Creation Tool 20H2 does not work

1. Media Creation Tool 20H2 does not work - Similar Threads - Media Creation Tool

2. Media Creation Tool not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool not working: For the past 4 hours I've been desperately trying to update my old PC with Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. Unfortunately, every time I open the program, I get error 0x80072f8f - 0x20000. I've tried every single solution I could find online, but none of...
  3. Media Creation Tool not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool not working: For the past 4 hours I've been desperately trying to update my old PC with Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. Unfortunately, every time I open the program, I get error 0x80072f8f - 0x20000. I've tried every single solution I could find online, but none of...
  4. Media Creation Tool not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. media creation tool 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media creation tool 20H2: When media creation tool 20H2 is downloaded then run it flashes with no progress. How do you fix media creation tool so that it runs? Does the directory need to be switched? If so how to you run once the directory is switched? The media creation tool was downloaded 5...
  6. Please fix 20H2 Media Creation Tool

Please fix 20H2 Media Creation Tool: Just do it i cant even format my pc whit the latest media creation tool https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-fix-20h2-media-creation-tool/eb687341-e4bf-444a-a830-d244a6a596eb
  7. About the 20H2 Media Creation tool

About the 20H2 Media Creation tool: Last week i tried to format my PC due to some technical probs like file corruption and crashes due to drivers. Usually i would stick to media creation tool but i didnt expect the media creation tool to be somewhat problamatic part from the usb installation thingy. The problem...
  8. Is 20H2 media creation tool bugged?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is 20H2 media creation tool bugged?: I've been trying to clean install windows 10 via the media creation tool, and every single time as soon as the desktop appears, multiple "an app default was reset" notifications pop up despite no new apps being installed yet. This happens across multiple clean installs every...
  9. Windows Media Creation Tool for 20H2 simply doesn't work

Windows Media Creation Tool for 20H2 simply doesn't work: I've used previous versions of this tools a few times to generate bootable windows media, but this one appears to be completely non-functional. try to download directly to a 16gb USB stick -- zero progress for 12+ hours, need to kill it. try again 4 times: same thing...
  10. Media Creation Tool not working?

Media Creation Tool not working?: I had a Windows 10 32 bit PC, and used the tool to upgrade to 64 bits. The whole PC got formatted and the process went smoothly, but when I launched my PC it was still 32 bits! What's the fix to this? And yes I'm sure I download the 64 bit file on my USB submitted by...