Windows 10: Media Creation Tool and Digital License Queries

Discus and support Media Creation Tool and Digital License Queries in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi folks, I have THREE different Media Creation Tools - one from August 2016, one from August 2018 (labelled 1803) and one from August 2019 (labelled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ArthurDent, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Media Creation Tool and Digital License Queries

Hi folks,

I have THREE different Media Creation Tools - one from August 2016, one from August 2018 (labelled 1803) and one from August 2019 (labelled 1903).

Does it matter which tool I run in order to get a backup copy of Windows 10?

In other words, when I run the tool, will it download the latest version from Microsoft (which I believe is 1909)?

Failing that, is there somewhere I can download 1909 from as an .iso and burn it to a USB using Rufus?

I aske because my wife's 1 y.o. laptop has just gone south but I have no backup copy of Windows 10 in case this happens again out of warranty.

As an aside, how does the digital license work if the laptop requires a new hard disk (the current repair should come back with a working, licensed machine from Lenovo).

Thanks folks,

Art

- - - Updated - - -

Further to my above query,

I found this from bleepingcomputer.com:

How to Download the Windows 10 1909 ISO From Microsoft

Stil have the question about the digital license though.

Art

:)

ArthurDent, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Kyhi Win User

Media Creation Tool

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10

your link "EN-CA" My link "EN-US"

3. Media creation tool

Hi,

We would like to know more about this concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to download Media Creation Tool?

Desiree Yau, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Media Creation Tool and Digital License Queries

Question about the Media Creation Tool.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community Forums.

You can also use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to download the Windows 10 ISO file and create the Windows 10 Installation Media to upgrade from your present Operating System.

“Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool”

Windows 10 herunterladen

The media creation tool can be used to upgrade your current PC to Windows 10 or to create a USB or DVD and install Windows 10 on a different PC.

Warning

• If you want to upgrade to Windows 10 for free, you need to use the
      Upgrade this PC now option. If you haven't upgraded to Windows 10 yet and perform a clean installation, you'll need to enter a product key or buy a license in order to activate
      Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Media Creation Tool and Digital License Queries

1. Media Creation Tool and Digital License Queries - Similar Threads - Media Creation Tool

2. media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creation tool: how do i fix media creation tool it keeps crashing when i open it without any error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/3740294e-2b85-48de-a678-e7f03ee46369
  3. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool: I'm having an issue with the media creation tool where it won't install or even give me a list of usb drives at all. Even if I tried running it from inside the usb flash drive it still says the same thing "you need 8 gb of available space on Windows :C". I'm having this issue...
  4. Media Creation tool query

Media Creation tool query: Hi, I was trying to use the Media Creation Tool, but actually when it finished downloading and when it was verifying the update, I had a power cut. After I started my PC back, the tool didn't give me the update. I was very sad. You know it costed me 4 GB. What should I do...
  5. Windows clean install from media creation tool says "...activated with a digital license" -...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows clean install from media creation tool says "...activated with a digital license" -...: On my home PC I used the "create Windows 10 installation media" tool and used the resulting USB to install Win10 on a laptop I purchased second hand that had been wiped to BIOS UEFI screen shows at boot. Install went fine as did all updates. During the install I did NOT...
  6. media creation tool license

media creation tool license: I just got the media creation tool to create a bootable usb for my other computer. I was wondering whether it will copy the license i have on my computer and use it for the bootable drive/other computer, or will it just leave the bootable drive with no activation and it just...
  7. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool: So i know i can use this tool to update my pc to latest but will i keep all my settings and preferences? Havent updated my pc in 3 years so figured this is a better way to do it. submitted by /u/AwesomePicMan [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows Media Creation Tool 1903 License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Media Creation Tool 1903 License: On this current computer, I have installed Windows 10 via the Windows Media Creation Tool with a successful installation. I am using my Microsoft account, however the installation did not activate Windows Error code 0x803F7001, although previous installations of this tool did...
  9. Media Creation Tool installation media query

Media Creation Tool installation media query: Hi all, When Microsoft release a new Windows 10 version, A few days after release I always go to the Microsoft website, download the ISO and create a bootable USB flash drive and store it safely in case I need it for a clean install in the future. I did that with version 1903...
  10. There isn't an option to use my digital license on the media creation tool

There isn't an option to use my digital license on the media creation tool: Any suggestions ? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/there-isnt-an-option-to-use-my-digital-license-on/b8ed2a4c-01ff-4a8d-a211-07f4d2fb5ef2