Windows 10: Media Creation Tool and Product Key

Discus and support Media Creation Tool and Product Key in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a laptop that came with windows 8 pro installed, which I then upgraded to windows 10 pro. A couple months ago, I took part in the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JustinKang_02, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Media Creation Tool and Product Key

I have a laptop that came with windows 8 pro installed, which I then upgraded to windows 10 pro. A couple months ago, I took part in the windows insider program to try out windows 11. After experiencing performance issues I now want to go back to windows 10, but it has been too long since the update was installed to do that. If I use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to go back to windows 10, will it require me to input the product key? And if so, will it work? Since my computer originally came with windows 8 I'm a bit nervous that I'll be stuck with either windows 8, or windows 10 with a wat

:)

JustinKang_02, Oct 20, 2021

2. media creation tool

Hello,

The Windows Media Creation Tool allows you to download the Windows 10 ISO directly from Microsoft, without having a product key. You can use it to clean install or upgrade to Windows 10. It can also be use to download the different editions of Windows 10.
    Refer to this
    link
    to download the Windows 10 Installation Media Tool.

As for the build and version of your Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open up the run command prompt.
    • Type winver into the run command text box and hit OK. You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.

Should you need additional assistance, do let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 20, 2021
  3. Vijay B Win User
    Does it ask me for a product key if i upgrade using Media creation tool?

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

If you are creating media and perform custom install, then it will ask for the product key, you can skip the steps to enter the product key and install Windows 10. Provided you need to have your existing operating system activated. If you are performing clean
    install, then you need to purchase the new product key.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Windows 10 herunterladen

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Oct 20, 2021
  4. Media Creation Tool and Product Key

Media Creation Tool And Product Key

Does the media creation tool automatically detect the product key from motherboard in a "desktop"?

Or does it work only in laptops?

I had an old desktop with me so i decided to give my pc to the computer centre for installing the latest software.

they removed the old hardware and gave it to me and then installed new hardware.

They installed and activated windows 8.1 pro for me.

Now my pc is running windows 10 10240.

I dont have a factory reset option and my rollback option has expired.

Thus i am going with media creation tool.

Will it detect my product key because my pc is a desktop ?

If it wont how to retrieve my product key before installation?

My pc is now running windows 10 10240 , it activated automatically after the upgrade and is my first Windows 10 Build , after upgrade this was my first build.

Please help.

VikramVasudev, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

Media Creation Tool and Product Key

1. Media Creation Tool and Product Key - Similar Threads - Media Creation Tool

2. media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creation tool: how do i fix media creation tool it keeps crashing when i open it without any error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/3740294e-2b85-48de-a678-e7f03ee46369
  3. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool: I'm having an issue with the media creation tool where it won't install or even give me a list of usb drives at all. Even if I tried running it from inside the usb flash drive it still says the same thing "you need 8 gb of available space on Windows :C". I'm having this issue...
  4. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool: Hi.May I ask if anyone have experienced the same error message in regards to running this Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 and if there's a solution to it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/eda5cd87-7be7-4191-899a-59756363cd45
  5. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool: I figured out what the tool was, and I didn't like it. You made it sound sooooooo exiting in the license terms, but when I found out what it really was, I was not impressed. Way to go Microsoft. Way to go. You ripped me off of thinking it was something cool, but instead you...
  6. Media creation tool.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool.: Yes, I have successfully downloaded the tool and Windows 10. All I did was click on a link that someone posted and BAM the media creation tool and Windows 10 were downloaded! Thanks! *^^*...
  7. Media Creation Tool and Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool and Product Key: I have a laptop that came with windows 8 pro installed, which I then upgraded to windows 10 pro. A couple months ago, I took part in the windows insider program to try out windows 11. After experiencing performance issues I now want to go back to windows 10, but it has been...
  8. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool: So i know i can use this tool to update my pc to latest but will i keep all my settings and preferences? Havent updated my pc in 3 years so figured this is a better way to do it. submitted by /u/AwesomePicMan [link] [comments]...
  9. Media Creation Tool

Media Creation Tool: I downloaded the Media Creation Tool to try and get Windows onto a newly purchased hard drive. I have a blank USB Flash Drive with 14 GB of free space, but I'm still receiving an error message telling me that I need to have at least 8 GB of space. I don't understand why I...
  10. Product Key from Media Creation Tool?

Product Key from Media Creation Tool?: I recently built a gaming PC, and I used the media creation tool on a usb from my laptop to install windows 10 onto the new PC, but now after installing and getting everything going its telling me I need a product key. Since I'm getting Windows 10 from another computer...