Windows 10: Media Creation Tool downgraded os from WIn 10 education to Win 10 Home

Discus and support Media Creation Tool downgraded os from WIn 10 education to Win 10 Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded the Media Creation Tool. Created reinstall for "this machine". Swapped old ssd for new ssd. Reinstalled win 10 with Media Creation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by wd0d, Apr 21, 2019.

1. wd0d Win User

Media Creation Tool downgraded os from WIn 10 education to Win 10 Home

I downloaded the Media Creation Tool. Created reinstall for "this machine". Swapped old ssd for new ssd. Reinstalled win 10 with Media Creation Tool. Ended up with Win 10 Home on new ssd, but had Win 10 Education on old ssd. What gives?

:)

2. media creation tool for win 10

media creation tool win 10 downloaded complete but i don't find the iso file ?

where to find it ?

ayman heikal, Apr 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Media Creation Tool downgraded os from WIn 10 education to Win 10 Home

Media Creation Tool disappear while downloading win 10 at 69%

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I don't know which third party downloader allows resume functions.

• Is it any direct download link for windows 10 as same as windows 7?
    • How to use third party downloader to download windows 10?
    If you have any recommended links to get windows 10, kindly suggest me. I'm very fascinating to use win 10. But i'm very dissappointing with this tool. I tried this tool (Media Creation Tool) more than 3 times. It disappeared above 50% at different levels.

My suggestion is, Give us a direct link to download windows 10.

VinOth_VingO, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

Media Creation Tool downgraded os from WIn 10 education to Win 10 Home

1. Media Creation Tool downgraded os from WIn 10 education to Win 10 Home - Similar Threads - Media Creation Tool

2. Media creation tool for Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool for Win 10: I am trying to create a bootable Win 10 creation tool. I am using the media creation tool. I can create a bootable Win 11 tool that will boot. The Win 10 tool will not boot. Each is using the same USB flash drive. Ideas please....
  3. Media creation tool for Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media creation tool for Win 10: I am trying to create a bootable Win 10 creation tool. I am using the media creation tool. I can create a bootable Win 11 tool that will boot. The Win 10 tool will not boot. Each is using the same USB flash drive. Ideas please....
  4. Media creation tool for Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro: I bought a Lenovo n23 80ur from Ebay and it was supposed to have Win 10 Pro but it has Win 10 Education. I need to downgrade to Win 10 pro. There is an OEM key in it. Is there a way to get the Pro version with this OEM key? And if I hard reset it how wo uld I go about doing...
  6. downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro: I bought a Lenovo n23 80ur from Ebay and it was supposed to have Win 10 Pro but it has Win 10 Education. I need to downgrade to Win 10 pro. There is an OEM key in it. Is there a way to get the Pro version with this OEM key? And if I hard reset it how wo uld I go about doing...
  7. downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. UPGRADE FROM WIN 7 >> WIN 10 USING "MEDIA CREATION TOOL"

UPGRADE FROM WIN 7 >> WIN 10 USING "MEDIA CREATION TOOL": We plan to upgrade a Win 7 desktop to Win 10 via "Media Creation Tool". We did this once before on another PC and it worked. But we would like to choose what is to be saved. Is there a prompt/option within the process where we could simply save our "User" folder with our...
  9. Media creation tool - no option for Win 10

Media creation tool - no option for Win 10: I downloaded it from here: Windows 10 When I run it, I get Win8 options only, no Windows 10... Have tried on two laptops... Any ideas? Anything else I need to make it work pls? 9458
  10. Win 10 pro gone from media creation tool?

Win 10 pro gone from media creation tool?: Hello, I want to make a Win 10 pro install disc from the media creation tool. It was given as an option before the new update came out, but I don't see it anymore. Anyone else seeing this? 29733