Windows 10: Media Creation Tool download continues after force quit

Discus and support Media Creation Tool download continues after force quit in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently, I began downloading Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool, with the intent of making a bootable USB. Midway through the download, however,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SirRockEm, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Media Creation Tool download continues after force quit

Recently, I began downloading Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool, with the intent of making a bootable USB. Midway through the download, however, I changed my mind and wanted to cancel it, so I force quit the application using Task Manager.

Unfortunately, the download has not stopped, and restarting the system just causes it to pop up again in Task Manager, under the BITS Service Host. Is there anything I can do about this?

(Note: I realize that this wasn't a very smart thing to do in the first place, but the damage is already done, and I'm not sure how to deal with the aftermath. Any help would be appreciated!)

submitted by /u/SirRockEm
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SirRockEm, Nov 22, 2019

2. media creation tool force quit

i started media creation tool x64 in order to get w10pro but the procedure delayed a lot and i had to click the x to close the window which then had to clean some stuff before ending the initiated task.

it continued to delay that also and i had to force kill that process.

do i have to manually delete files?

where does the media creation tool for upgrading to windows 10 pro keep the files ?

Panagiotis Brd, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Media creation tool

Hi,

We would like to know more about this concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to download Media Creation Tool?

Desiree Yau, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Vijay B Win User

Media Creation Tool download continues after force quit

Media Creation Tool Won't Download ISO

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What is the exact and complete error you get when you try to create Media creation tool?

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link to create Media creation tool.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Windows 10 herunterladen

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Media Creation Tool download continues after force quit

1. Media Creation Tool download continues after force quit - Similar Threads - Media Creation Tool

2. Can't run media creation tool after downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run media creation tool after downloading: Can't run media creation tool after downloading https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-media-creation-tool-after-downloading/9ef69cca-cf48-4e46-96a1-71fa85b624f2
  3. Can't run media creation tool after downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run media creation tool after downloading: Can't run media creation tool after downloading https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-media-creation-tool-after-downloading/9ef69cca-cf48-4e46-96a1-71fa85b624f2
  4. Can't run media creation tool after downloading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Downloading Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading Media Creation Tool: I'm using Ubuntu and I need to download media creation tool for something. But I can't download because when I go download page of Windows, it only shows me option to download ISO file not media creation tool executable. Is there another way to download it from a non-windows...
  6. Unable to download media creation tool

Unable to download media creation tool: I have a problem with upgrading my Windows 10 laptop. That’s why I tried to use media creation tool. But I cannot open the media creation tool https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-media-creation-tool/19a84e4a-e03b-4cc6-b0e9-7ae47ba1f149
  7. Media Tool Creation 1909 FORCING UPDATE!

Media Tool Creation 1909 FORCING UPDATE!: I am trying to use the media tool creation 1909 to create an ISO file for my laptop but it forcing me to update to Media Tool Creation 2004 which my laptop does not support yet! is there anything I can do to get 1909 ISO instead of 2004?...
  8. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool: So i know i can use this tool to update my pc to latest but will i keep all my settings and preferences? Havent updated my pc in 3 years so figured this is a better way to do it. submitted by /u/AwesomePicMan [link] [comments]...
  9. Downloading in Media Creation Tool

Downloading in Media Creation Tool: How to resume download in Media Creation Tool? Thanks everyone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-in-media-creation-tool/fe621427-b54b-4e9f-b756-f80987ccec83
  10. Force shutdown when using Media Creation Tool to download Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Force shutdown when using Media Creation Tool to download Windows 10: Hi all, I occasionally get random force shutdown when using Windows 10 (en-gb x86). Now I encounter a program that makes force shutdown every times I using it. It is Media Creation Tool used to to download an iso image of Windows 10. To be sure that it is not fault of...