Windows 10: Media Creation Tool error

Discus and support Media Creation Tool error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Win 10/64 Home Hi! I want to sell my laptop, but need to clean it up first. I removed all my files, but now want to make it ready for sale. So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MeanSpitfire, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Media Creation Tool error

Win 10/64 Home

Hi!

I want to sell my laptop, but need to clean it up first. I removed all my files, but now want to make it ready for sale. So I used the Media Creation Tool for Win 10. When I first used it, I completed the process and entered my own MS account info, password included. I made a STUPID mistake doing this! So I restarted the setup.exe in the MCT, thinking that when came the time to enter my account info, there would be another option that I originally missed. So I went ahead and restarted the MCT. But when came the time for it to check for available space, I got the following error: "We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10. Try restarting Setup." I did that, but got the same error. I then did a cold boot and restarted Setup.exe. Same error again. Another cold boot returned the same error again. So how do I get pass that hurdle, and complete the install? While I'm at it, how do I avoid entering my own account info so that the buyer will be able to enter his after buying it?

Thanks very much in advance.

John

:)

MeanSpitfire, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Vijay B Win User

Media Creation Tool Won't Download ISO

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What is the exact and complete error you get when you try to create Media creation tool?

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link to create Media creation tool.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Windows 10 herunterladen

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Media creation tool

Hi,

We would like to know more about this concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to download Media Creation Tool?

Desiree Yau, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Media Creation Tool error

Window 10 Media Creation Tool errors with 0x80070456 0xA0019

I am trying to use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB flash drive but am getting an error message. It seems download the files successfully but fails part way through transferring the files to the USB drive.

The error message code I get is "Something went wrong ... 0x80070456 - 0xA0019"

The steps I take are

1. Run the program
    2. Accept the license conditions
    3. Choose "Create installation media for another PC"
    4. Language "English (United States)", Edition "Windows 10", Architecture "64-bit (x64)"
    5. Choose "USB flash drive"
    6. Choose the USB flash drive from the list

I am running Windows 10 Professional. The USB drive is 64Gb.

Kevin Brydon, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Media Creation Tool error

1. Media Creation Tool error - Similar Threads - Media Creation Tool

2. media creation tooL ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    media creation tooL ERROR: ADgagehrJWWhzgeegeg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool-error/74e39a82-b757-45f7-9b9a-42c05ff42d7c
  3. media creation tooL ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creation tooL ERROR: ADgagehrJWWhzgeegeg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool-error/74e39a82-b757-45f7-9b9a-42c05ff42d7c
  4. Media creation tool error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media creation tool error: I want to update my old win 7 pc to win 10 and every time i try to open media creation tool i get this error code 0x80072f8f - 0x20000is there anything i can do about it?...
  5. Media creation tool error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool error: I want to update my old win 7 pc to win 10 and every time i try to open media creation tool i get this error code 0x80072f8f - 0x20000is there anything i can do about it?...
  6. Media Creation Tool Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool Error: I have reverted my system back to its original Windows 7 since my upgrade to Windows 10 have been corrupted. Now I'm getting an Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000 using the Media Creation Tool to upgrade back to Windows 10. Please help. Thank you....
  7. Media Creation Tool Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool Error: I have reverted my system back to its original Windows 7 since my upgrade to Windows 10 have been corrupted. Now I'm getting an Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000 using the Media Creation Tool to upgrade back to Windows 10. Please help. Thank you....
  8. Media Creation Tool error

in Windows 10 Support
    Media Creation Tool error: Hi All, For some weird reason I am getting the error code: 0x80080005-0x90018 when I attempt to download Windows 10 to a USB or a ISO using the Media Creation Tool 21H1.exe. I have never had this problem before. I have tried disabling the 3rd party antivirus ESET and still...
  9. Media creation tool error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool error: Error 0x80070057 - 0xA001A I try to download the tool to my USB stick. I have done it in the past succesfully, but now for some reason. Same pc and same stick. It gets to 100%, then the next part gets to 56% or 65% and gets stuck, until i get that error ("Error 0x80070057 -...
  10. media creation tool error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    media creation tool error: I continue to receive the error code 0x800424050xAC01B when trying to use media creation tool. How do I fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool-error/5e9a0439-ee19-440e-8388-9e24a93af213