Windows 10: Media Creation Tool exe (wanted)

Discus and support Media Creation Tool exe (wanted) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am looking for the actual MediaCreationTool.exe for version 10240 I do not want the link to the media creation tool as the link downloads version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kyhi, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Kyhi Win User

Media Creation Tool exe (wanted)

I am looking for the actual MediaCreationTool.exe for version 10240

I do not want the link to the media creation tool as the link downloads version 10586

I need the older exe file version 10240

Thank You

:)

2. CJLuce Win User

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool upgradenow feature bug

The media creation tool never fully completed, as stated above. There sadly was no .exe to run. Thanks for the though though.

CJLuce, Nov 14, 2015
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Media creation tool error

You should save the media creation tool .exe to your hard drive and then run the tool from the hard drive location to create the USB media. Did you do that. What executable is on the flash drive.

neilpzz, Nov 14, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

I don't think it is available anymore.
    I have kept the old one as a desktop shortcut since it was released.
    I just clicked on it and it shows the new MCT.

davidhk, Nov 14, 2015
  5. Kyhi Win User
    If you right click the EXE you can go into Details and the exe will show product version 10240

Need the actual exe....

6. I have the 10240 version which I can upload for you (might take a while as my upload speeds are terrible)

paulsalter, Nov 14, 2015
  7. Kyhi Win User
    It would welcomed..
    thank you

8. Media Creation Tool exe (wanted)

hopefully this works

link removed

paulsalter, Nov 14, 2015
  9. Kyhi Win User
    Attachment 48322

nope...

10. renamed it to .doc to see if it stops it thinking there is a virus, rename to .zip if it downloads

link removed

paulsalter, Nov 14, 2015
  11. Kyhi Win User
    Same issue

Attachment 48323

Attachment 48324

12. not sure how else I can do it

no viruses on computer so google is somehow flagging it

paulsalter, Nov 14, 2015
  13. Cliff S New Member

Try OneDrive Paul, They haven't taken our space back yet, and you can delete it once Jimmy has what he needs.

Cliff S, Nov 14, 2015
  14. here is the file on Onedrive, see if this works

link removed

paulsalter, Nov 14, 2015
  15. tracit99 Win User
    tracit99, Nov 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Media Creation Tool exe (wanted) - Similar Threads - Media Creation Tool

2. media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creation tool: how do i fix media creation tool it keeps crashing when i open it without any error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/3740294e-2b85-48de-a678-e7f03ee46369
  3. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool: I'm having an issue with the media creation tool where it won't install or even give me a list of usb drives at all. Even if I tried running it from inside the usb flash drive it still says the same thing "you need 8 gb of available space on Windows :C". I'm having this issue...
  4. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool: Hi.May I ask if anyone have experienced the same error message in regards to running this Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 and if there's a solution to it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/eda5cd87-7be7-4191-899a-59756363cd45
  5. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool: I figured out what the tool was, and I didn't like it. You made it sound sooooooo exiting in the license terms, but when I found out what it really was, I was not impressed. Way to go Microsoft. Way to go. You ripped me off of thinking it was something cool, but instead you...
  6. Media creation tool.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool.: Yes, I have successfully downloaded the tool and Windows 10. All I did was click on a link that someone posted and BAM the media creation tool and Windows 10 were downloaded! Thanks! *^^*...
  7. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool: So i know i can use this tool to update my pc to latest but will i keep all my settings and preferences? Havent updated my pc in 3 years so figured this is a better way to do it. submitted by /u/AwesomePicMan [link] [comments]...
  8. Media Creation Tool

Media Creation Tool: I downloaded the Media Creation Tool to try and get Windows onto a newly purchased hard drive. I have a blank USB Flash Drive with 14 GB of free space, but I'm still receiving an error message telling me that I need to have at least 8 GB of space. I don't understand why I...
  9. Media Tool Creation

Media Tool Creation: Is the Media Tool illegal to use if I use it to Install/Upgrade Windows 10 even if I have a single license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-tool-creation/15902f96-7385-4f40-8ad8-7247474e1083
  10. Media Creation Tool

Media Creation Tool: I have downloaded the media Creation Tool but when i try to run I get an error that says "There was a problem starting Setup. Close the tool, restart your PC, and then try running the tool again. I have tried restarting several times and it still does not start. any...