Windows 10: Media Creation Tool installation media query

Discus and support Media Creation Tool installation media query in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, When Microsoft release a new Windows 10 version, A few days after release I always go to the Microsoft website, download the ISO and create a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sportsfan148, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Media Creation Tool installation media query

Hi all, When Microsoft release a new Windows 10 version, A few days after release I always go to the Microsoft website, download the ISO and create a bootable USB flash drive and store it safely in case I need it for a clean install in the future. I did that with version 1903 as soon as it became available through the Media Creation Tool.
    A couple of times in the past though Microsoft have updated the Media Creation Tool ISO on their website a few weeks or months later to include an updated build number.
    If Microsoft do this again, would it still be OK to clean install using my original 1903 installation media I created back in May even if Microsoft decide at some point in the future to update the 1903 Media Creation Tool to a newer build?
    Or would I have to download the 1903 ISO all over again if they update it so as to get the very latest build before doing a clean install?
    I would still create new installation media every time that a new version is released (1909 etc) but I'd like to avoid having to create new installation media all over again if its just an intermediate release of a newer build unless its absolutely necessary

:)

sportsfan148, Jul 9, 2019
  2. Vijay B Win User

Media Creation Tool Won't Download ISO

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What is the exact and complete error you get when you try to create Media creation tool?

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link to create Media creation tool.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Jul 9, 2019
  3. MEDIA CREATION TOOL

Hi Sammy,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

I suggest you to refer to this article and check the status.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Media Creation Tool installation media query

Windows Media Creation Tool won't download:

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better

• Are you using Internet Explorer to download the files?

• Are you using a wired net connection or wireless net connection?
    You can use the media creation tool to upgrade your current PC to
    Windows 10 or to create a USB or DVD and install Windows 10 on a different PC.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Alternatively, you can also use another pc to download the files.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further

Sachin V Rao, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Media Creation Tool installation media query

1. Media Creation Tool installation media query - Similar Threads - Media Creation Tool

2. Media Creation Tool Not Installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing: I downloaded Media Creation Tool to a 32 bit Windows 7 Professional OS the laptop is capable of being 64 bit. When I tried to install program, I got an error code: 0x80072F8F-0x20000. I have another laptop that cam with Windows 10, so I need to make a bootable USB because my...
  3. Media Creation Tool Not Installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing: I downloaded Media Creation Tool to a 32 bit Windows 7 Professional OS the laptop is capable of being 64 bit. When I tried to install program, I got an error code: 0x80072F8F-0x20000. I have another laptop that cam with Windows 10, so I need to make a bootable USB because my...
  4. media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creation tool: how do i fix media creation tool it keeps crashing when i open it without any error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/3740294e-2b85-48de-a678-e7f03ee46369
  5. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool: I'm having an issue with the media creation tool where it won't install or even give me a list of usb drives at all. Even if I tried running it from inside the usb flash drive it still says the same thing "you need 8 gb of available space on Windows :C". I'm having this issue...
  6. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool: I figured out what the tool was, and I didn't like it. You made it sound sooooooo exiting in the license terms, but when I found out what it really was, I was not impressed. Way to go Microsoft. Way to go. You ripped me off of thinking it was something cool, but instead you...
  7. Media creation tool.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool.: Yes, I have successfully downloaded the tool and Windows 10. All I did was click on a link that someone posted and BAM the media creation tool and Windows 10 were downloaded! Thanks! *^^*...
  8. Media Creation tool query

Media Creation tool query: Hi, I was trying to use the Media Creation Tool, but actually when it finished downloading and when it was verifying the update, I had a power cut. After I started my PC back, the tool didn't give me the update. I was very sad. You know it costed me 4 GB. What should I do...
  9. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool: So i know i can use this tool to update my pc to latest but will i keep all my settings and preferences? Havent updated my pc in 3 years so figured this is a better way to do it. submitted by /u/AwesomePicMan [link] [comments]...
  10. Media Creation Tool and Digital License Queries

Media Creation Tool and Digital License Queries: Hi folks, I have THREE different Media Creation Tools - one from August 2016, one from August 2018 (labelled 1803) and one from August 2019 (labelled 1903). Does it matter which tool I run in order to get a backup copy of Windows 10? In other words, when I run the tool,...