Windows 10: Media Creation Tool ISO build question

Discus and support Media Creation Tool ISO build question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, When you go to the Microsoft website to download the Media Creation Tool, is there any way of knowing the exact build of the ISO file before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sportsfan148, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Media Creation Tool ISO build question

Hi all, When you go to the Microsoft website to download the Media Creation Tool, is there any way of knowing the exact build of the ISO file before you download it? I cant find anywhere on the website where this might be listed. All it tells you is it is version 1903.
    Back in July I downloaded the Media Creation Tool and created a bootable USB flash drive which I still have safely stored away. I used it back then to clean install Windows 10 and I checked immediately after the installation (before updating Windows) and it was the 18362.239 ISO file. We're now on build 18362.356 but I don't know if the Media Creation Tool on the Microsoft website has been updated to a newer build or not since July.
    Im going to be clean installing Windows 10 on a PC at the weekend and I don't want to waste my time downloading the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft website if it hasn't been updated and is still the same build as I downloaded back in July. If that's the case I may as well just use the 18362.239 build USB flash drive I created back in July

:)

sportsfan148, Sep 24, 2019
  2. cereberus Win User

Media Creation Tool question

Just mount iso as a drive and run setup.exe - most reliable method.

cereberus, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Media Creation Tool question

Thanks Cerberus but Ive no problem downloading the Iso with the media creation tool. I don't think its the ISO that is the problem' I think the problem is when the Media Creation Tool is creating the bootable USB flash drive. So I think I can use the Media Creation Tool for that part...and as you say try something like Rufus to create the bootable USB flash drive

I still have this question though "The tutorial here says after going to the Microsoft site and selecting the Download Tool (Media Creation Tool) option that the Media Creation Tool should be save to the PC and run from there.
    On Microsoft site the instructions are to Download the Tool and select Run (no saving to the PC). Is there a reason for saving it to the PC first as suggested on Tenforums?"

I was curious to see if others had encountered the issue I had with the Media Creation Tool. Ive never had a problem using it before

sportsfan148, Sep 24, 2019
  4. philipyip Win User

Media Creation Tool ISO build question

Media Creation Tool question

I recommend saving the .iso for two reasons. The first reason is you have the .iso to hand in case you need it later on. The second is Rufus does a better job of making a Bootable USB.

philipyip, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Media Creation Tool ISO build question

1. Media Creation Tool ISO build question - Similar Threads - Media Creation Tool

2. Windows Media Creation tool Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Media Creation tool Question: My PC keeps freezing on me and because of my idiocy I did not create a restore drive or create a new install media when I upgraded Win 7 to Win 10. I am needing to reset my Win 10 system and I need to run the media creation tool to help resolve this issue. My question is do I...
  3. Media Creation Tool Question

Media Creation Tool Question: If I use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB flash drive and then use the flash drive to do a clean install of Windows 10, will WinRE be used for any part of the process? I’m asking because I have an old laptop running Windows 10 that doesn’t like the latest...
  4. Media Creation Tool question

Media Creation Tool question: Hi, I have never had any problems using the Media Creation Tool to perform a Windows 10 clean installation until yesterday so I have a couple of questions. 1. The tutorial here says after going to the Microsoft site and selecting the Download Tool (Media Creation Tool)...
  5. Media Creation Tool question

Media Creation Tool question: I plan on doing a clean install. My question is do I still need to upgrade to windows 10 first or can I just enter the windows 7 key during the clean install of windows 10? Thank you for this information 9372
  6. iso media creation tool

iso media creation tool: windows 10 home 64bit 1607 Updated windows 7 home premium 64bit to windows 10 home. Then to windows 10 home 1607. Is the media creation tool the same as 'create system image' in windows 10 home? Can I make an iso installer? Can it be activated with the windows 7 home...
  7. Media Creation Tool Question

Media Creation Tool Question: I have a USB installation thumb drive that I created using the Media Creation Tool back in August 2015 to clean install on a new laptop. I may have the time I need to upgrade my desktop and I am preparing everything I need for a clean install. Will I need to create a...
  8. Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?

Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?: Is there any difference between creating a bootable Windows 10 USB drive with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and downloading MSDN's Windows 10 ISO to manually create a bootable USB drive with it? 10620
  9. Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure

Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure: I am trying to create a bootable USB/DVD through the Media Creation Tool and am failing each time. I have selected English, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit for the options and tried both the USB Flash Drive option and ISO options and have resulted in only "Something happened"...
  10. Question about media creation tool

Question about media creation tool: Hello guys. I have just downloaded media creation tool from MS. File version says 10.0.15063.0 Is this the correct version for CU? Can I download the ISO and upgrade my current Anniversary Update? 81291