Windows 10: Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure

Discus and support Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to create a bootable USB/DVD through the Media Creation Tool and am failing each time. I have selected English, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FRSMichael, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure

I am trying to create a bootable USB/DVD through the Media Creation Tool and am failing each time. I have selected English, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit for the options and tried both the USB Flash Drive option and ISO options and have resulted in only "Something happened" immediately when it is verifying the content. I have also tried to run the Media Creation Tool as the administrator to no avail.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

:)

FRSMichael, Jul 29, 2015

2. My Windows 10 version 1607 Download gets stuck at 41% and I've been waiting 2 whole days (Yes I'm still downloading and not installing it:/)

Follow these same steps for
    Overcoming Windows 10 Upgrade Failures
    creating the Anniversary media on flash or as an ISO from

Media Creation Tool.

Open flash stick or double click ISO to mount, right click Setup to Run as Admin.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Failed to install update

So did you use
    Media Creation Tool
    to directly try to Upgrade, or did you choose the second option to make Bootable media?

I would choose the second option to either create the bootable flash stick option or download the ISO image file that is used to burn a DVD.

Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure [​IMG]

Once you have either, click on the ISO to mount it, or open the flash stick or DVD in File Explorer, right click on Setup file to Run as Admin.

Now you'll have good media and a more stable method to try the Upgrade.

But if it fails I would start over but first follow the steps in
    Overcoming Windows 10 Upgrade & Version Update Failures
    which will overcome most failures.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure

How much disk space do you have free? The operation may need in excess of 8GB of free and plenty of contiguous space to create the ISO file successfully. A disk clean-up first, then defragmentation may be needed.

Fafhrd, Jul 30, 2015
  5. I have 22GB on my SSD and 345GB on my 2nd drive. I tried selecting the ISO to be saved on my 2nd drive and still the same issue. I am trying on my laptop now to see if that works.

FRSMichael, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Fafhrd Win User
    Do you have a 3rd party antivirus running? or just Windows Defender?

Fafhrd, Jul 30, 2015
  7. I use 360 Total Security atm

FRSMichael, Jul 30, 2015
  8. Fafhrd Win User

I would try disabling it and relying only on MS Defender - 360 Total Security possibly does not know about this yet!

Fafhrd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure - Similar Threads - Media Creation Tool

2. verify the ISO file downloaded by media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    verify the ISO file downloaded by media creation tool: HelloHow can I verify the ISO file downloaded by media creation tool ?Is there a checksum list on microsoft website?thanks for your advice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verify-the-iso-file-downloaded-by-media-creation/fd64da3b-c9e7-490c-96b3-9e9112912fdf
  3. Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file: I'm having problems upgrading a win 8.1 laptop to win 10. I've tried doing it directly via the site and I have also tried using a USB installation media creation tool to no avail so I though I would try this ISO thing but it looks like the same thing as the usb media creation...
  4. Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file: I'm having problems upgrading a win 8.1 laptop to win 10. I've tried doing it directly via the site and I have also tried using a USB installation media creation tool to no avail so I though I would try this ISO thing but it looks like the same thing as the usb media creation...
  5. Are there evolving versions of Media Creation Tool keyed to ISOs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are there evolving versions of Media Creation Tool keyed to ISOs: I have a month-old MCT I've used once to get an .iso. I know that the last one (.iso) I got was the latest (then) available version. In order to get the latest version available, do I need to get a newer MCT? I'm asking whether the MCTs are keyed to particular .iso's. Pro...
  6. Media Creation Tool ISO build question

Media Creation Tool ISO build question: Hi all, When you go to the Microsoft website to download the Media Creation Tool, is there any way of knowing the exact build of the ISO file before you download it? I cant find anywhere on the website where this might be listed. All it tells you is it is version 1903. Back...
  7. Media creation tool new ISO every time?

Media creation tool new ISO every time?: I can understand a new ISO for each release but to have to download the ISO each time takes far more time than it needs to. Is there any way to just use the ISO already loaded?...
  8. Using Media creation tool with existing ISO

Using Media creation tool with existing ISO: Hello all, I am trying to transition all of my machines to UEFI and I am trying to use Windows' media creation tool to build up a bootable USB drive to begin testing. I have an existing ISO and set of files for Windows 10 Enterprise but I can't seem to find the option for...
  9. iso media creation tool

iso media creation tool: windows 10 home 64bit 1607 Updated windows 7 home premium 64bit to windows 10 home. Then to windows 10 home 1607. Is the media creation tool the same as 'create system image' in windows 10 home? Can I make an iso installer? Can it be activated with the windows 7 home...
  10. Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?

Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?: Is there any difference between creating a bootable Windows 10 USB drive with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and downloading MSDN's Windows 10 ISO to manually create a bootable USB drive with it? 10620