Windows 10: Media Creation Tool - ISO to Flash Drive - Free Up Disk Space - Brand New FD - >8GB on...

Discus and support Media Creation Tool - ISO to Flash Drive - Free Up Disk Space - Brand New FD - >8GB on... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to create an ISO on my 32GB Flash Drive, but I keep getting a "Free Up Disk Space" error even though it is a brand new FD. I have 30GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShaneEntzel, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Media Creation Tool - ISO to Flash Drive - Free Up Disk Space - Brand New FD - >8GB on...

I am trying to create an ISO on my 32GB Flash Drive, but I keep getting a "Free Up Disk Space" error even though it is a brand new FD.

I have 30GB available on my Local Disk and more than 200GB available on my D and F drives, so I am little confused on where the issue is.

OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Version 10.0.18363

:)

ShaneEntzel, Jul 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 media creation tool tells “need 8GB free disk space”

Hi - the Windows 10 media creation tool tells me I need 8GB of disk space but I have a 64GB USB drive it does not seem to see. Any suggestions? I am trying to install on ASUS Eeebook X205TA with 7GB free on the machine.

Thanks

<Original Title: Windows 10 media creator>

RobertBlincoe, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 media creation tool tells “need 8GB free disk space”

Hi Robert,

With the issue description, I understand that while upgrading to Windows 10 the media creation tool gives a message saying “need 8GB disk space” on your Windows machine. I will certainly help you with the query.

I would appreciate if you could help me with more information:

Which operating system is currently installed on your computer?

I would like to inform you that you need 8GB free space on your computer hard drive.

If the current operating system installed on your machine is Windows 7 then, I would suggest you to perform Disk Clean Up
    and check if that helps:

Disk Cleanup is performed to remove temporary files from the computer. To do so, please follow the steps below:

The following procedure cleans up files associated with your user account. You can also use Disk Cleanup to clean up all the files on your computer.

1. Open Disk Cleanup by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type
    Disk Cleanup, and then, in the list of results, click
    Disk Cleanup.

2. In the Drives list, click the hard disk drive that you want to clean up, and then click
    OK.

3. In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, on the
    Disk Cleanup tab, select the check boxes for the file types that you want to delete, and then click
    OK.

4. In the message that appears, click Delete files.

Important: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Epsomed Win User

Media Creation Tool - ISO to Flash Drive - Free Up Disk Space - Brand New FD - >8GB on...

Windows 10 media creation tool tells “need 8GB free disk space”

This is a really silly problem with the interface of the Media Creation Tool. I also just had to clear 8GB free on the C drive before it would let me get to the next step where it allowed me to select the D drive as the download location! So no real need
    for the space on C drive at all.

What a stupid interface design issue, hard to believe it's still like that over a year later!

Epsomed, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Media Creation Tool - ISO to Flash Drive - Free Up Disk Space - Brand New FD - >8GB on...

1. Media Creation Tool - ISO to Flash Drive - Free Up Disk Space - Brand New FD - >8GB on... - Similar Threads - Media Creation Tool

2. no space on C: for media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no space on C: for media creation tool: need to reformat other machine completely locked out pin/pass. Bought legit win10 from MS. Download and run Media Creation Tool. Not enough space on C: 8gb and not able to free up anymore space. Plenty of space on other Drives and USB. Is there a workaround to this like...
  3. Media creation tool permanently changed my USB flash drive to disk drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Media creation tool permanently changed my USB flash drive to disk drive: I have used brand new SanDisk USB flash drive to create recovery pin through Windows Media Creation Tool. The job is done and now I want to use my Flash drive back again as removable drive but I am stuck that my PC is reading the drive as a disk not as removable anymore!The...
  4. Media creation tool permanently changed my USB flash drive to disk drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool permanently changed my USB flash drive to disk drive: I have used brand new SanDisk USB flash drive to create recovery pin through Windows Media Creation Tool. The job is done and now I want to use my Flash drive back again as removable drive but I am stuck that my PC is reading the drive as a disk not as removable anymore!The...
  5. Media creation tool permanently changed my USB flash drive to disk drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Media Creation Tool - Unable to instal ISO on USB, not enough disk space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool - Unable to instal ISO on USB, not enough disk space: Hi, i've been trying to use the windows 10 media creation tool to download the windows 10 installation media to a USB with 14gb of memory. I keep being told my the media creation tool that i need 8gb of space on my local disk and it doesnt give me the option to install it...
  7. Media creation tool new ISO every time?

Media creation tool new ISO every time?: I can understand a new ISO for each release but to have to download the ISO each time takes far more time than it needs to. Is there any way to just use the ISO already loaded?...
  8. iso media creation tool

iso media creation tool: windows 10 home 64bit 1607 Updated windows 7 home premium 64bit to windows 10 home. Then to windows 10 home 1607. Is the media creation tool the same as 'create system image' in windows 10 home? Can I make an iso installer? Can it be activated with the windows 7 home...
  9. Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?

Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?: Is there any difference between creating a bootable Windows 10 USB drive with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and downloading MSDN's Windows 10 ISO to manually create a bootable USB drive with it? 10620
  10. Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure

Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure: I am trying to create a bootable USB/DVD through the Media Creation Tool and am failing each time. I have selected English, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit for the options and tried both the USB Flash Drive option and ISO options and have resulted in only "Something happened"...