Windows 10: Media creation tool keeps shutting down my PC when I try to use it

Discus and support Media creation tool keeps shutting down my PC when I try to use it in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I just got off the phone with automated MS "support" after being told there were "paid options" to get help with the product I paid for already.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kodiakster, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Media creation tool keeps shutting down my PC when I try to use it

Hi,

I just got off the phone with automated MS "support" after being told there were "paid options" to get help with the product I paid for already.

Anyway, I've tried the media creation tool about 5 times(both trying the .iso method and creating a USB) and it shuts my desktop down each time, always shortly after it's downloaded Windows and begun the actual creation phase.

Anyone know why it would do this? Is there an alternative to having to create media to install from, or even another way to create media? I desperately need to install it to my new SSD drive(the one now is mechanical and way too slow.) I have my old Windows 7 activation key, and upgraded to 10 for free around the time of release. Thanks in advance!

:)

kodiakster, Oct 19, 2019

2. Windows Media Creation Tool won't download:

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better

• Are you using Internet Explorer to download the files?

• Are you using a wired net connection or wireless net connection?
    You can use the media creation tool to upgrade your current PC to
    Windows 10 or to create a USB or DVD and install Windows 10 on a different PC.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool:
    Windows 10 herunterladen

Alternatively, you can also use another pc to download the files.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further

Sachin V Rao, Oct 19, 2019
  3. Media Creation Tool question

Thanks Cerberus but Ive no problem downloading the Iso with the media creation tool. I don't think its the ISO that is the problem' I think the problem is when the Media Creation Tool is creating the bootable USB flash drive. So I think I can use the Media Creation Tool for that part...and as you say try something like Rufus to create the bootable USB flash drive

I still have this question though "The tutorial here says after going to the Microsoft site and selecting the Download Tool (Media Creation Tool) option that the Media Creation Tool should be save to the PC and run from there.
    On Microsoft site the instructions are to Download the Tool and select Run (no saving to the PC). Is there a reason for saving it to the PC first as suggested on Tenforums?"

I was curious to see if others had encountered the issue I had with the Media Creation Tool. Ive never had a problem using it before

sportsfan148, Oct 19, 2019
  4. cereberus Win User

Media creation tool keeps shutting down my PC when I try to use it

Media Creation Tool question

Just mount iso as a drive and run setup.exe - most reliable method.

cereberus, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

Media creation tool keeps shutting down my PC when I try to use it

1. Media creation tool keeps shutting down my PC when I try to use it - Similar Threads - Media creation tool

2. I keep getting this error when trying to use the media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting this error when trying to use the media creation tool: Every time I try to use the media creation tool I get this error message. It gets all the way to 100% and then it errors out. I'm not really sure what to do....
  3. I keep getting this error when trying to use the media creation tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting this error when trying to use the media creation tool: Every time I try to use the media creation tool I get this error message. It gets all the way to 100% and then it errors out. I'm not really sure what to do....
  4. i have my media creation tool downloaded to my flashdrivebut when i try to use it it gives...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i have my media creation tool downloaded to my flashdrivebut when i try to use it it gives...: i have my media creation tool downloaded to my flashdrivebut when i try to use it it gives me the error 0x800-f8f-0x20000.what can i do to resolve this error problem...
  5. i have my media creation tool downloaded to my flashdrivebut when i try to use it it gives...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have my media creation tool downloaded to my flashdrivebut when i try to use it it gives...: i have my media creation tool downloaded to my flashdrivebut when i try to use it it gives me the error 0x800-f8f-0x20000.what can i do to resolve this error problem...
  6. i have my media creation tool downloaded to my flashdrivebut when i try to use it it gives...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. While trying to reset my windows10, through windows media creation tool, my pc shuts down...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    While trying to reset my windows10, through windows media creation tool, my pc shuts down...: Recently, I got back into playing games, so I set my 3 year-old computer up. First it kept on shutting down because my graphics card fan couldn't work properly, so I cleaned it. After cleaning it, I turned it back on. Then I couldn't get to my desktop, and got stuck in the...
  8. Media Creation tool keeps crashing my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media Creation tool keeps crashing my PC: So I've been trying to make a vm to test out certain programs in a contained space, but the media creation tool keeps crashing my pc when I try to open it. submitted by /u/DrRoman14 [link] [comments]...
  9. Media Creation Tool keeps failing

Media Creation Tool keeps failing: I have repeatedly tried to download the Windows iso for both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 using the respective Media Creation Tool but in vain. In the case of Windows 8.1 a download error message saying download failed keeps appearing and, in the case of Windows 10, although...
  10. trying to update by media creation tool

trying to update by media creation tool: trying to update by media creation tool downloaded ok and created iso dvd. on running i cannot keep personal files and apps it says you cannot keep windows setting, personal files and apps because you have chosen to install windows 10 using a different language to the one...