Windows 10: Media creation tool not installing windows

Discus and support Media creation tool not installing windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I’ve tried to install windows 10 to my computer on a m.2 ssd drive. I had windows on a slow hard drive but deleted it with the tool whilst... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Janne.A, May 9, 2020.

1. Janne.A Win User

Media creation tool not installing windows

Hello,

I’ve tried to install windows 10 to my computer on a m.2 ssd drive. I had windows on a slow hard drive but deleted it with the tool whilst installing.

The problem during the install is quite odd. After selecting the drive for the install and creating partitions etc. It starts to install and look for updates and then restarts. After the restart I see the windows logo for a while but suddenly it disappears and I’m back to square one, the part where you select language etc.

Motherboard: Asus Z370-E.

Thank you in advance!

:)

Janne.A, May 9, 2020
  2. Vijay B Win User

Media Creation Tool Won't Download ISO

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What is the exact and complete error you get when you try to create Media creation tool?

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link to create Media creation tool.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Windows 10 herunterladen

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, May 9, 2020
  3. MEDIA CREATION TOOL

Hi Sammy,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

I suggest you to refer to this article and check the status.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool: Windows 10 herunterladen

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, May 9, 2020
  4. Media creation tool not installing windows

media creation tool

Hello,

The Windows Media Creation Tool allows you to download the Windows 10 ISO directly from Microsoft, without having a product key. You can use it to clean install or upgrade to Windows 10. It can also be use to download the different editions of Windows 10.
    Refer to this
    link
    to download the Windows 10 Installation Media Tool.

As for the build and version of your Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open up the run command prompt.
    • Type winver into the run command text box and hit OK. You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.

Should you need additional assistance, do let us know.

Jennifer Bri, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Media creation tool not installing windows

1. Media creation tool not installing windows - Similar Threads - Media creation tool

2. Media Creation Tool Not Installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing: I downloaded Media Creation Tool to a 32 bit Windows 7 Professional OS the laptop is capable of being 64 bit. When I tried to install program, I got an error code: 0x80072F8F-0x20000. I have another laptop that cam with Windows 10, so I need to make a bootable USB because my...
  3. Media Creation Tool Not Installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing: I downloaded Media Creation Tool to a 32 bit Windows 7 Professional OS the laptop is capable of being 64 bit. When I tried to install program, I got an error code: 0x80072F8F-0x20000. I have another laptop that cam with Windows 10, so I need to make a bootable USB because my...
  4. installing windows 10 media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing windows 10 media creation tool: My son gave me an older Dell laptop. It is stripped down but has windows 7 professional on it. The laptop is stuck on Administrator then asks for password. He can't remember the password. I have tried everything to get out of it. I downloaded Windows 10 media creation tool,...
  5. installing windows 10 media creation tool

installing windows 10 media creation tool: My son gave me an older Dell laptop. It is stripped down but has windows 7 professional on it. The laptop is stuck on Administrator then asks for password. He can't remember the password. I have tried everything to get out of it. I downloaded Windows 10 media creation tool,...
  6. Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB: I am trying to create an instillation drive so I can put windows 10 on an HDD, but every time I get the message "8GB of free disk space needed on C:" which is my SSD not my flash drive. The drive is 3.0 usb, 32 GB, so I don't know why it won't target the external drive. It...
  7. Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB

Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB: I am trying to create an instillation drive so I can put windows 10 on an HDD, but every time I get the message "8GB of free disk space needed on C:" which is my SSD not my flash drive. The drive is 3.0 usb, 32 GB, so I don't know why it won't target the external drive. It...
  8. Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Media Creation tool won't install

Media Creation tool won't install: I have been experiencing an issue while trying to install the media creation tool for some time now. Each time I attempt at installing it, it gives me an error saying that they are unsure of what the issue is, and gives me a code 0x80200013 - 0x90019. There are a couple...
  10. Media Creation Tool installation media query

Media Creation Tool installation media query: Hi all, When Microsoft release a new Windows 10 version, A few days after release I always go to the Microsoft website, download the ISO and create a bootable USB flash drive and store it safely in case I need it for a clean install in the future. I did that with version 1903...