Windows 10: Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?

Discus and support Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded the ISO using Windows Media Creation Tool and noticed its size is 3.10 GB and also downloaded the ISO without using MCT and its size is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by akumajou, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?

I downloaded the ISO using Windows Media Creation Tool and noticed its size is 3.10 GB and also downloaded the ISO without using MCT and its size is 3.82 gb . Why there is a difference between the two images. Which image should I use.

aditya2603d, Jul 31, 2015

2. Yes but if you don't have a MSDN key, what key do you enter? If you use one of your MSDN keys its not a free upgrade right? Using the MSDN ISO to do the free upgrade just makes things more complicated, that's all I'm saying, and likely why they recommend against using it.

alphanumeric, Jul 31, 2015
  3. What was the other source for the ISO? I'd use the official one from the MCT.

4. Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?

The other source was also the same as MCT except I changed the user agent in Firefox to safari. Then the page provides you with the direct link of the ISO without needing to run MCT. You can try this in your cell phone android or IOS.Open the link directly from your cellphone or using different user agent like safari Windows 10 ISO

5. I don't own a cell phone and don't use any other browser other than IE. I have no idea why the two ISO's are different. Both 64 bit, both same language?

6. DavidY Win User
    I tried the Media Creation website from my SmartPhone, and the choices I was offered were:
    • Edition: Windows 10 or Windows 10KN or Windows 10 N or Windows 10 Single Language
    • Language - I had a choice of English or English International, but for instance no English UK
    • Then it provides two download links, one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit, which apparently will expire after 24 hours
    The text on the page says that the same editions are valid for both Home and Pro - so presumably one download covers both.

This is of course a different split of choices to what you get from the same website if it thinks you're running Windows.

DavidY, Jul 31, 2015
  7. In IE open the link I provided and then press F12, this will open the developers options, in it there is tab called emulation under that there is an option to chose user agent profile. Set it as safari and reload the page and you will find

8. Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?

Probably this is for the system that are not running windows as in that case the MCT exe will not work. But the question is then why the different file sizes when downloading ISO from MCT and when downloading directly without using MCT. As in both the cases I would install virgin clean copy formatting the entire hard disk. So I am confused which one should I use

9. looks like that's a multi edition version, Home and Pro. The other download gets Home or Pro.

10. Might be. But what's the difference between English(US) English(UK) and English (International) editions. Is English (International) and English(UK) same because in MCT I get English(UK) and English(US) while by direct link I get English and English (International) options. Quite confusing.

11. I don't know I only ever use English US or English.

12. Akash Win User
    You get English (UK) and English (US) option while downloading through MCT? Okay then thanks! You just solved my problem, I'm going to download the English version. *Smile

Akash, Jul 31, 2015
  13. Superfly Win User

Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?

Yes, there has been a naming convention change - English International is en-GB.

Superfly, Jul 31, 2015
  14. DavidY Win User
    That's not a very clear terminology.

English comes from England, so logically English should be en-GB, and 'English-International' should mean everywhere else that isn't England, making English-International into en-us. *Wink

DavidY, Jul 31, 2015
  15. Fafhrd Win User
    If political correctness wasn't so sickeningly all-pervasive we'd just have English, and english *Smile

Fafhrd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?

1. Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO? - Similar Threads - Media Creation Tool

2. verify the ISO file downloaded by media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    verify the ISO file downloaded by media creation tool: HelloHow can I verify the ISO file downloaded by media creation tool ?Is there a checksum list on microsoft website?thanks for your advice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verify-the-iso-file-downloaded-by-media-creation/fd64da3b-c9e7-490c-96b3-9e9112912fdf
  3. Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file: I'm having problems upgrading a win 8.1 laptop to win 10. I've tried doing it directly via the site and I have also tried using a USB installation media creation tool to no avail so I though I would try this ISO thing but it looks like the same thing as the usb media creation...
  4. Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file: I'm having problems upgrading a win 8.1 laptop to win 10. I've tried doing it directly via the site and I have also tried using a USB installation media creation tool to no avail so I though I would try this ISO thing but it looks like the same thing as the usb media creation...
  5. Are there evolving versions of Media Creation Tool keyed to ISOs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are there evolving versions of Media Creation Tool keyed to ISOs: I have a month-old MCT I've used once to get an .iso. I know that the last one (.iso) I got was the latest (then) available version. In order to get the latest version available, do I need to get a newer MCT? I'm asking whether the MCTs are keyed to particular .iso's. Pro...
  6. Media Creation Tool ISO build question

Media Creation Tool ISO build question: Hi all, When you go to the Microsoft website to download the Media Creation Tool, is there any way of knowing the exact build of the ISO file before you download it? I cant find anywhere on the website where this might be listed. All it tells you is it is version 1903. Back...
  7. Media creation tool new ISO every time?

Media creation tool new ISO every time?: I can understand a new ISO for each release but to have to download the ISO each time takes far more time than it needs to. Is there any way to just use the ISO already loaded?...
  8. Using Media creation tool with existing ISO

Using Media creation tool with existing ISO: Hello all, I am trying to transition all of my machines to UEFI and I am trying to use Windows' media creation tool to build up a bootable USB drive to begin testing. I have an existing ISO and set of files for Windows 10 Enterprise but I can't seem to find the option for...
  9. iso media creation tool

iso media creation tool: windows 10 home 64bit 1607 Updated windows 7 home premium 64bit to windows 10 home. Then to windows 10 home 1607. Is the media creation tool the same as 'create system image' in windows 10 home? Can I make an iso installer? Can it be activated with the windows 7 home...
  10. Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure

Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure: I am trying to create a bootable USB/DVD through the Media Creation Tool and am failing each time. I have selected English, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit for the options and tried both the USB Flash Drive option and ISO options and have resulted in only "Something happened"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is there a msdn tool to split iso