Windows 10: Media creation tool stuck at checking for updates

Discus and support Media creation tool stuck at checking for updates in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a friend who has a Windows seven laptop and he is now downloading windows 10. The thing is it has been stuck on "Checking For Updates" for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/spencer654322, Jan 14, 2020 at 2:17 AM.

1. Media creation tool stuck at checking for updates

I have a friend who has a Windows seven laptop and he is now downloading windows 10. The thing is it has been stuck on "Checking For Updates" for a while. (a few hours) Is this normal?

submitted by /u/spencer654322
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/spencer654322, Jan 14, 2020 at 2:17 AM

2. Media creation tool

Hi,

We would like to know more about this concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to download Media Creation Tool?

3. Media Creation Tool for Windows 10

Dear Mary Streeter,

Maam,

I had the similar issue.

What you can do is-

• Press Win + R key.
    • Type - "services.msc" without the quotes.
    • Locate Windows Update Service.
    • Right click on it and either click stop and then click on start. Or select restart.
    • Wait for it to restart and check your media creation tool window which will be stuck on checking for updates.
    Personally, I would recommend you to select the Upgrade This PC option.

If it gets stuck at checking for updates do as I said(If required, do it several times).

It worked for me and will definitely work for you too.

Hoping the best for you.

If I was late in replying, Sorry.

This article is for Media Creation Tool.

Image of Step 2 and 3 repectively.

Media creation tool stuck at checking for updates 327f9131-851d-4989-97fc-509537f917f8.png

Media creation tool stuck at checking for updates 59479897-c015-40ed-876a-ae0b7fd4c2bc.png

MananSharma007, Jan 14, 2020 at 2:18 AM
  4. Media creation tool stuck at checking for updates

Media Creation Tool is NOT working

Hi,

There are several reasons why you're getting this issue on downloading Windows 10 using the
    Media Creation Tool. The most common are the network connection or the anti-virus firewall is enabled on your device.

To resolve this, we suggest that you manually update the operating system instead of using the Media Creation Tool. Click on this
    link for the steps on how to update
    Windows.

Thema:

Media creation tool stuck at checking for updates

1. Media creation tool stuck at checking for updates - Similar Threads - Media creation tool

2. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool: Is the MCT backward compatible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/7919b7b3-b051-4ae6-81d2-aa9f6d99fe97
  3. Media Creation Tool updated

Media Creation Tool updated: I just wanted to pass on a bit of info to the forum. The Media Creation Tool 1903 version has been updated to build 18362.418 on Microsoft website 143017
  4. Media Creation Tool

Media Creation Tool: I downloaded the Media Creation Tool to try and get Windows onto a newly purchased hard drive. I have a blank USB Flash Drive with 14 GB of free space, but I'm still receiving an error message telling me that I need to have at least 8 GB of space. I don't understand why I...
  5. Media Tool Creation

Media Tool Creation: Is the Media Tool illegal to use if I use it to Install/Upgrade Windows 10 even if I have a single license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-tool-creation/15902f96-7385-4f40-8ad8-7247474e1083
  6. Media Creation Tool

Media Creation Tool: I have downloaded the media Creation Tool but when i try to run I get an error that says "There was a problem starting Setup. Close the tool, restart your PC, and then try running the tool again. I have tried restarting several times and it still does not start. any...
  7. media creation tool

media creation tool: I have a blank usb drive.I formatted it and tried to use the Media Creation Tool.I get to where it says"Do you allow it to make changes,etc."I click Yes and it doesn't ask anymore questions or anything.I cannot get it to work so I can download Windows 10 to my laptop(I...
  8. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Stuck At "Checking For Updates"

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Stuck At "Checking For Updates": So basically I just got a new laptop (Dell Lattitude e6520) and it's currently running Windows 7 Professional, but I really want to run Windows 10 on it. So I found online, that it's possible to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 free using the media creation tool. Can anyone...
  9. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Media creation tool: Anyone know what version of the win 10 os the media creation tool is at? 43958
  10. Media Creation Tool

Media Creation Tool: Today, Nov 21st, I found out the Media Creation Tool has been changed. http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/softw...load/windows10 It looks like the older one with the choice of bit-versions. Is this a most current one with threshold 2 10586, or has Microsoft pulled it down...