Windows 10: Media Creation Tool - Unable to instal ISO on USB, not enough disk space

Discus and support Media Creation Tool - Unable to instal ISO on USB, not enough disk space in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, i've been trying to use the windows 10 media creation tool to download the windows 10 installation media to a USB with 14gb of memory. I keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by helpm3thx4lot, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Media Creation Tool - Unable to instal ISO on USB, not enough disk space

Hi, i've been trying to use the windows 10 media creation tool to download the windows 10 installation media to a USB with 14gb of memory.

I keep being told my the media creation tool that i need 8gb of space on my local disk and it doesnt give me the option to install it on my usb or on a different drive. It's impossible for me to get it that low. I've tried ccleaner, disk cleanup, iobit uninstaller with no luck. I don't have anything installed besides the cleaning tools, a browser, and my antivirus.

The point of me downloading the installation media to my usb, is to completely wipe my computer with DBAN so i can re-install windows. I've tried using the reset option on my PC and i don't have enough space to even do that.

Earlier i had about 8 gb free but then i tried to update windows and it ate up 6gb somehow and the install failed.

Here's a pic of my drives and media creation tool telling me i dont have enough space. Thanks for any help youre able to provide. Media Creation Tool - Unable to instal ISO on USB, not enough disk space 702739ea-cf8e-4b8b-b5fc-35e5fd75d85e?upload=true.png Media Creation Tool - Unable to instal ISO on USB, not enough disk space 750089e0-1ece-45c1-8a6a-55a265a1c359?upload=true.png

:)

helpm3thx4lot, Jan 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 media creation tool tells “need 8GB free disk space”

Hi - the Windows 10 media creation tool tells me I need 8GB of disk space but I have a 64GB USB drive it does not seem to see. Any suggestions? I am trying to install on ASUS Eeebook X205TA with 7GB free on the machine.

Thanks

<Original Title: Windows 10 media creator>

RobertBlincoe, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Vijay B Win User

Media Creation Tool - Unable to instal ISO on USB, not enough disk space

Media Creation Tool Won't Download ISO

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What is the exact and complete error you get when you try to create Media creation tool?

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link to create Media creation tool.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Windows 10 herunterladen

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Media Creation Tool - Unable to instal ISO on USB, not enough disk space

1. Media Creation Tool - Unable to instal ISO on USB, not enough disk space - Similar Threads - Media Creation Tool

2. Media Creation Tool running out of space when there is definitely enough space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool running out of space when there is definitely enough space: Hi there everyone.Building a new PC but it doesn't have an OS currently. I've purchased windows 10 and every time i use Media Creation Tool to download it, something goes wrong. This morning it downloaded windows 10 just fine and i began the installation only to find my hard...
  3. Media Creation Tool running out of space when there is definitely enough space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool running out of space when there is definitely enough space: Hi there everyone.Building a new PC but it doesn't have an OS currently. I've purchased windows 10 and every time i use Media Creation Tool to download it, something goes wrong. This morning it downloaded windows 10 just fine and i began the installation only to find my hard...
  4. Media Creation Tool running out of space when there is definitely enough space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB: I am trying to create an instillation drive so I can put windows 10 on an HDD, but every time I get the message "8GB of free disk space needed on C:" which is my SSD not my flash drive. The drive is 3.0 usb, 32 GB, so I don't know why it won't target the external drive. It...
  6. Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB: I am trying to create an instillation drive so I can put windows 10 on an HDD, but every time I get the message "8GB of free disk space needed on C:" which is my SSD not my flash drive. The drive is 3.0 usb, 32 GB, so I don't know why it won't target the external drive. It...
  7. Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB

8. iso media creation tool

iso media creation tool: windows 10 home 64bit 1607 Updated windows 7 home premium 64bit to windows 10 home. Then to windows 10 home 1607. Is the media creation tool the same as 'create system image' in windows 10 home? Can I make an iso installer? Can it be activated with the windows 7 home...
  9. Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?

Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?: Is there any difference between creating a bootable Windows 10 USB drive with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and downloading MSDN's Windows 10 ISO to manually create a bootable USB drive with it? 10620
  10. Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure

Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure: I am trying to create a bootable USB/DVD through the Media Creation Tool and am failing each time. I have selected English, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit for the options and tried both the USB Flash Drive option and ISO options and have resulted in only "Something happened"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media tool not fitting in 14gb