Windows 10: media Creation Tool won't run

Discus and support media Creation Tool won't run in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi gentlemen, I am nursing a new laptop again, with win 10 v.1909 on it. After running into problems with HELLO and Passwords ,I thought I had cured... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by N2NB4, Dec 4, 2020.

1. N2NB4 Win User

media Creation Tool won't run

Hi gentlemen, I am nursing a new laptop again, with win 10 v.1909 on it.
    After running into problems with HELLO and Passwords ,I thought I had cured those problems by a system reset. But after a few deadends, an upgrade (which my pc would not acknowledge) to 2004 was suggested and a tutorial for doing it I found here in Ten Forums. So following this upgrade from 1909 to 2004 tutorial:
    The Download started as described to a USB (after the first USB was deemed unusable with a message Win 10 failed to install update with error code 0x80073D02 and required a restart of whole process).
    But when it came to running the media Creation tool for creating the USB with Win 10 I get a message "Unable to run the Media Creation Tool on your pc. Turn off or restart your pc and try again, reference Error code 0x800701 B1-0xA001B if problem continues. Then just before the pc begins the restart , I guess a translation? "The specified protocol is not supported" pops up. I'm stumped even more now. Is the MCT the protocol, or supported by what. Oddly enough each time I got these messages, and I start closing pages the next page the concluding words with "Finish" as the last step.

:)

N2NB4, Dec 4, 2020

2. Media creation tool will not run

Hi Phil,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Method 1: I suggest you to perform a clean boot. Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the
    article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Method 2: Click the link below and Run the media creation tool.

Windows 10 herunterladen

Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Media creation tool

Hi,

We would like to know more about this concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to download Media Creation Tool?

Desiree Yau, Dec 4, 2020
  4. cereberus Win User

Media Creation Tool question

Just mount iso as a drive and run setup.exe - most reliable method.

cereberus, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

1. media Creation Tool won't run - Similar Threads - media Creation Tool

2. The media creation tool won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The media creation tool won't open.: I'm attempting to perform a clean install of windows 11, but the media creation tool won't open even if I run it as an admin.My main boot drive recently crashed, so I picked up an old disk of windows 7 I had laying around -- I lost the key ages ago, so I figured I'd just go...
  3. The media creation tool won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The media creation tool won't open.: I'm attempting to perform a clean install of windows 11, but the media creation tool won't open even if I run it as an admin.My main boot drive recently crashed, so I picked up an old disk of windows 7 I had laying around -- I lost the key ages ago, so I figured I'd just go...
  4. Media creation tool won't load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool won't load: Hey how are you I put my new pc together and I can't get it to boot the file it won't read the file no matter the mode I put it I tried to download it in 32 bit and fats but neither is working ND I just can't wrap my head around it I'm running a tomahawk b550 and a ryzen 7...
  5. Media creation tool won't load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media creation tool won't load: Hey how are you I put my new pc together and I can't get it to boot the file it won't read the file no matter the mode I put it I tried to download it in 32 bit and fats but neither is working ND I just can't wrap my head around it I'm running a tomahawk b550 and a ryzen 7...
  6. Media creation tool won't load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. "Media Creation Tool" Not Running

"Media Creation Tool" Not Running: I have Windows7 on my desktop. I have purchased a Windows10 digital licence from microsoft store. In order to install windows 10 I followed the link came from microsoft that it took me to download the "MediaCreationTool2004". After download I can't "RUN" it and it won't open....
  8. Media Creation tool won't install

Media Creation tool won't install: I have been experiencing an issue while trying to install the media creation tool for some time now. Each time I attempt at installing it, it gives me an error saying that they are unsure of what the issue is, and gives me a code 0x80200013 - 0x90019. There are a couple...
  9. unable to run media creation tool

unable to run media creation tool: [ATTACH]unable to install windows 10 on my laptop. i already install media creation tool 4 times, and all the time the program wont run at all. The only things pop up is this...
  10. Media Creation Tool will not run

Media Creation Tool will not run: The Media Creation Tool will NOT run at all on my Windows 7 Ultimate desktop and my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro with Windows 8.1. When I try to run it, nothing happens after clicking the message that allows it run. I know it does not start immediately but I have successfully run it on...