Windows 10: Media creation tool wont upgrade from 10 pro to 10 educational

Discus and support Media creation tool wont upgrade from 10 pro to 10 educational in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to upgrade my windows OS from 10 Pro to the new 10 Educational I have been provided by my uni. your media creation tool keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tom25875, Aug 8, 2018.

1. tom25875 Win User

Media creation tool wont upgrade from 10 pro to 10 educational

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my windows OS from 10 Pro to the new 10 Educational I have been provided by my uni. your media creation tool keeps spitting out an error "The language or edition of the version of windows currently installed on your PC isnt supported by this tool."

My current OS is in english, the tool is engligh, the new OS is the multi-language version. How do I get past this issue?

My PC fully meets and surpass's all the minimum requirements and the recommended requirements. I had no issue doing the upgrade from 7 -> 10 Home and from 10 home-> Pro.

Do i need to download a multi language pack version of Pro for this to work?

:)

tom25875, Aug 8, 2018
  2. FKTRY Win User

Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 PRO

Where can I find a Media Creation Tool that will create Windows 10 Pro media?

The current media creation tool available here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

creates a Windows 10 Home install on my laptop.

The only reason I can think of for this behavior is that there is a Windows 8.1 Home SLIC entry in the BIOS, and it is assuming that "Home" is therefore the correct version to install. However I was running Windows 8.1 Pro (purchased separately from the
    laptop) and successfully did an in-place upgrade to Windows 10 Pro before running into software problems caused by the in-place upgrade.

Bottom line - where can I find Windows 10 Pro installation media? The in-place install doesn't work for me and the current Media Creation Tool creates media that incorrectly installs Windows 10 Home.

FKTRY, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 PRO

Use only this link to
    Media Creation Tool
    to download and install it now, take the requested screenshots again.

When did you originally Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro? Did you confirm it was Activated and that the Activation read for Pro.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Media creation tool wont upgrade from 10 pro to 10 educational

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

I got bored waiting for my 10 Pro upgrade message so I am using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to play around with installing Windows 10 Pro.

I chose the Upgrade Now option instead of creating media.

(step 3) https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html

There were lots of different windows up till now.
    So I started screenshots now.
    Screenshot-

Media creation tool wont upgrade from 10 pro to 10 educational [​IMG]

It offers this now-

This seems to imply that installed programs will be lost-

Clicked Next--Got this-

Got this-Clicked Confirm-

Got this-

If I lose installed programs I will use my Macrium image to revert to 8.1 Pro.
    Be back after installing 10 or reverting.

David Bailey, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Media creation tool wont upgrade from 10 pro to 10 educational

1. Media creation tool wont upgrade from 10 pro to 10 educational - Similar Threads - Media creation tool

2. Windows 10 Upgrade Media Creation tool.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade Media Creation tool.: Hey guys! Today I tried to upgrade my old PC to Windows 10 by using the Windows 10 media creation tool. So I downloaded the tool on myLaptop which already has windows 10 pre-installed and on my laptop I created an ISO file using the media creation tool and saved it on my...
  3. Education Edition Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Education Edition Media Creation Tool: Hello, I received CD-Key for Microsoft Windows 10 Education Edition from my college. I want to install this on my PC build I'm completing soon. I'm trying to make a USB thumb drive using the tool found here....
  4. Windows 10 v2004 - Media Creation for Pro Education

Windows 10 v2004 - Media Creation for Pro Education: I've downloaded the windows 10 media creation to attempt a fresh install on my Windows 10 Pro Education computer. The Pro Education option is not available, and when typing in the product code, it says my key is not valid for the windows 10 installations available. When I...
  5. Media Creation Tool wont work 8.1->10

Media Creation Tool wont work 8.1->10: So my brother sent me a windows 10 licence key and i am trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1 I download the Media Creation Tool from microsoft's website and when i run it i got an error with a sad face and pc is restarting. It says something about SYSTEM SERVICE...
  6. Media Creation Tool wont work 8.1->10

Media Creation Tool wont work 8.1->10: So my brother sent me a windows 10 licence key and i am trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1 I download the Media Creation Tool from microsoft's website and when i run it i got an error with a sad face and pc is restarting. It says something about SYSTEM SERVICE...
  7. Media Creation Tool for Upgrades

Media Creation Tool for Upgrades: Quick question about the use of the Media creation tool. I am currently using MCT1903 on a USB to upgrade my PC to windows 10. I didn't turn the USB into a bootable device; I just put the tool on it. I am wondering if on the "Downloading Windows 10" screen of the...
  8. Using Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Education edition

Using Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Education edition: I'm trying to create an installer on a USB thumb drive for Windows 10 Education using the Media Creation Tool but I'm having a little trouble. When I run the tool and get to this screen: [ATTACH] There is no other option under the dropdown for "Edition". It just shows...
  9. Windows 10 pro is not in the media creation tool

Windows 10 pro is not in the media creation tool: so in the media creation tool i dont have Windows 10 pro i only have Windows 10 , Windows 10 home and single use , Windows 10 N . 76930
  10. Win 10 pro gone from media creation tool?

Win 10 pro gone from media creation tool?: Hello, I want to make a Win 10 pro install disc from the media creation tool. It was given as an option before the new update came out, but I don't see it anymore. Anyone else seeing this? 29733