Windows 10: Media creation tool

Discus and support Media creation tool in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Anyone know what version of the win 10 os the media creation tool is at? 43958 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by banger, Mar 12, 2016.

1. banger Win User

Media creation tool

Anyone know what version of the win 10 os the media creation tool is at?

:)

banger, Mar 12, 2016
  2. Seb.05 Win User

Media Creation Tool

Microsoft determined my Toshiba machine could be successfully upgraded from Win7 to Win10.

I was going to use the Media Creation Tool to either do an automatic repair or failing that perform a restore. Not a clean install.

Seb.05, Mar 12, 2016
  3. PaulPChou Win User
    Media Creation Tool

So, you cannot make the media tool from your Vista machine. Vista is an older os and is not supported anymore by Microsoft. What you should do is have your friend help you create the media tool. After that, run it in your Toshiba machine. You will have to
    go to the bios of the machine to do a clean installation of Windows 10 (boot your machine from the usb). The thing is not about accepting Microsoft's offer to install Win. 10 on the Toshiba machine. As I mentioned, it is weather the machine specific meets
    the requirements of Windows 10. If it doesn't and you are able to install Windows 10 successfully, the machine could have issues when running it. Plus, you might need a license for Windows 10.

So, you were able to install Windows 10 based on your last points? There are issues because your device is not compatible with Win. 10.

PaulPChou, Mar 12, 2016
  4. Media creation tool

Hi! Yep - 10.0.10586.103.th2_release.160126-1819 *Smile

Cluster Head, Mar 12, 2016
Thema:

Media creation tool

1. Media creation tool - Similar Threads - Media creation tool

2. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool: Thanks in advance! When the Media Creation Tool is downloading the latest version of Windows 10, does that version contain the latest windows updates? Or are no updates applied to the image the tool downloads? Thanks!...
  3. Media Creation Tool

Media Creation Tool: I downloaded the Media Creation Tool to try and get Windows onto a newly purchased hard drive. I have a blank USB Flash Drive with 14 GB of free space, but I'm still receiving an error message telling me that I need to have at least 8 GB of space. I don't understand why I...
  4. Media Tool Creation

Media Tool Creation: Is the Media Tool illegal to use if I use it to Install/Upgrade Windows 10 even if I have a single license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-tool-creation/15902f96-7385-4f40-8ad8-7247474e1083
  5. Media Creation Tool

Media Creation Tool: I have downloaded the media Creation Tool but when i try to run I get an error that says "There was a problem starting Setup. Close the tool, restart your PC, and then try running the tool again. I have tried restarting several times and it still does not start. any...
  6. media creation tool

media creation tool: I have a blank usb drive.I formatted it and tried to use the Media Creation Tool.I get to where it says"Do you allow it to make changes,etc."I click Yes and it doesn't ask anymore questions or anything.I cannot get it to work so I can download Windows 10 to my laptop(I...
  7. media creation tool

in Windows 10 Support
    media creation tool: Anyone know if the media creation tool is up to date with build 1511 yet or is it still on 10240? Tim 31843
  8. Media Creation Tool

Media Creation Tool: When you use the creation tool and enter the type os system etc. and it creates either a USB or a DVD is the file that you receive close to the latest ISO? shipinomore 21128
  9. Media creation tool

Media creation tool: Does anyone know if using the media creation tool to 'install' Windows 10 when Windows 10 is already installed (and keeping all files etc) will fix problems? I have some issues with Windows (broken and missingpreinstalled apps - yes I've tried the Powershell commands etc)...
  10. Media Creation Tool

Media Creation Tool: Today, Nov 21st, I found out the Media Creation Tool has been changed. http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/softw...load/windows10 It looks like the older one with the choice of bit-versions. Is this a most current one with threshold 2 10586, or has Microsoft pulled it down...