Windows 10: Media Disconnected after ipconfig/release and cannot connect.

Discus and support Media Disconnected after ipconfig/release and cannot connect. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So there was an internet outage but I thought it was something to do with my computer. So I went into the elevated cmd prompt and inputed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jammaries, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Jammaries Win User

Media Disconnected after ipconfig/release and cannot connect.

So there was an internet outage but I thought it was something to do with my computer. So I went into the elevated cmd prompt and inputed

ipconfig/flushdns -> enter

ipconfig/registerdns -> enter

ipconfig/release -> enter

and it failed at ipconfig /renew -> enter.

Instead I get this:

C:\Users\<redacted>>ipconfig/renew

Windows IP Configuration

No operation can be performed on Ethernet while it has its media disconnected.
    No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection* 10 while it has its media disconnected.
    No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection* 11 while it has its media disconnected.
    No operation can be performed on Ethernet 2 while it has its media disconnected.
    No operation can be performed on Bluetooth Network Connection while it has its media disconnected.

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 10:

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 11:

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 2:

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : <redacted>
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : <redacted>
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : <redacted>
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : <redacted>
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : <redacted>

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

I'm trying to reconnect my media as I don't know what it does but it seems pretty important. I'm accessing my wifi now through a local library.

:)

Jammaries, Feb 12, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

IPCONFIG /ALL reveals Media State = Media Disconnected for many users

It is perfectly clear.

Look at my screen shot. The "Ethernet adaptor Local Area Connedtion" doesn't say media disconnected.

That is because there is a cable connected to that connection. That is where my internet and network is coming from. Because that connection doesn't say media disconnected, I have network access and internet access. If I unplug the network cable from my machine, and run it again, it changes to media disconnected.

When you add the /all switch to ipconfig, it shows you every network connection.

The isatap and tunnelling connections that it lists are NOT releated to your ISP. They are actually virtual connections created to handle sending IPv6 packets over a private IPv4 network. It only really applies to very specific conditions, and for the most part will always say media disconnected. You should ignore these, as they have nothing to do with if you are actually connected to a network or the Internet.

newtekie1, Feb 12, 2019
  3. IPCONFIG /ALL reveals Media State = Media Disconnected for many users

Is there anyone with a motherboard that only allows for a single lan connection (IE: you can only connect 1 cat cable to your motherboard) that can check to see what ipconfig /all shows? Does it show media state = media disconnected?

EastCoasthandle, Feb 12, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

IPCONFIG /ALL reveals Media State = Media Disconnected for many users

Look at the post directly above...

newtekie1, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Media Disconnected after ipconfig/release and cannot connect. - Similar Threads - Media Disconnected ipconfig

2. Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 laptop with Windows 11 and is all up to date. I was running commands in Powershell 7 ran as admin for a class assignment and one was to run ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew, however, renew did not work and is saying my media is...
  3. Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 laptop with Windows 11 and is all up to date. I was running commands in Powershell 7 ran as admin for a class assignment and one was to run ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew, however, renew did not work and is saying my media is...
  4. What should I run first? ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns, ipconfig /release,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I run first? ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns, ipconfig /release,...: Just to make sure that the process is clean and perfect, I want to know what I should run first. Is there a correct order? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-run-first-ipconfig-flushdns-ipconfig/954d6fba-5159-4741-97ab-1e65cf92d632
  5. What should I run first? ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns, ipconfig /release,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What should I run first? ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns, ipconfig /release,...: Just to make sure that the process is clean and perfect, I want to know what I should run first. Is there a correct order? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-run-first-ipconfig-flushdns-ipconfig/954d6fba-5159-4741-97ab-1e65cf92d632
  6. None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...: After trying everything to solve an issue with discord I did ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew and now I cant connect to my wifi as it does not find the ip adress...
  7. None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...: After trying everything to solve an issue with discord I did ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew and now I cant connect to my wifi as it does not find the ip adress...
  8. None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...

9. Ethernet connection problems - IPCONFIG says Media Disconnected - WiFi works fine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet connection problems - IPCONFIG says Media Disconnected - WiFi works fine: How do I check if the network adapter is present in the BIOS. I'm running Windows 10 on an old 8-yrs Dell Laptop. How can I find the answer w/o leaving my email address?...
  10. Media disconnected, cannot connect to this network

Media disconnected, cannot connect to this network: I’ve been trying to fix my laptop for some time now. I have a LG with windows 10 on it. Last week i had a problem and the wifi was not connecting, i spent some time trying to fix it and it worked. Now, its not connecting again. When I put the password it says that cant...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ip config release shows no operation can be performed on wireless network connection while it has media disconnected

2. ipconfig release error media disconnected

3. ipconfig /release media device is disconnected

4. wireless lan adapter media disconnected specific,
  5. media disconnected on computer,
  6. media disconnected ip config after avast installation,
  7. ipconfig results with media disconnected,
  8. after ipconfig release unable to connect to the internet ,
  9. ipconfig shows media disconnected np internet