Windows 10: Media disconnected, cannot connect to this network

Discus and support Media disconnected, cannot connect to this network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’ve been trying to fix my laptop for some time now. I have a LG with windows 10 on it. Last week i had a problem and the wifi was not connecting,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LizandraCavalcante, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Media disconnected, cannot connect to this network

I’ve been trying to fix my laptop for some time now.

I have a LG with windows 10 on it.

Last week i had a problem and the wifi was not connecting, i spent some time trying to fix it and it worked.

Now, its not connecting again. When I put the password it says that cant connect to the network.

Tried to do ipcomfig/release reset a bunch of stuff that I found in here. Nothing seems to work.

The mesage I get is that the operation cant be executed in Ethernet while the media is disconnected.

The operation cant be executed in local connection 9/10 while media is disconnected.

Please, if someone know how to fix this.

:)

LizandraCavalcante, Jul 27, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

IPCONFIG /ALL reveals Media State = Media Disconnected for many users

It is perfectly clear.

Look at my screen shot. The "Ethernet adaptor Local Area Connedtion" doesn't say media disconnected.

That is because there is a cable connected to that connection. That is where my internet and network is coming from. Because that connection doesn't say media disconnected, I have network access and internet access. If I unplug the network cable from my machine, and run it again, it changes to media disconnected.

When you add the /all switch to ipconfig, it shows you every network connection.

The isatap and tunnelling connections that it lists are NOT releated to your ISP. They are actually virtual connections created to handle sending IPv6 packets over a private IPv4 network. It only really applies to very specific conditions, and for the most part will always say media disconnected. You should ignore these, as they have nothing to do with if you are actually connected to a network or the Internet.

newtekie1, Jul 27, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    IPCONFIG /ALL reveals Media State = Media Disconnected for many users

I don't see how this is hard to figure out. If the cable isn't plugged in, or you aren't connected to a wireless network, it will say media disconnected.

newtekie1, Jul 27, 2019
  4. Media disconnected, cannot connect to this network

Media disconnected and cannot connect to anything

Hi,

I tried all the steps. When i was doing this

• Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
    • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
    In the third step, ipconfig/ rease no operations can be performed as media is disconnected. This error comes for Bluetooth, wlan and wifi all.

I tried troubleshooting network adapter also but in vain.

Please let me know the next steps.

jigyasujuneja, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

Media disconnected, cannot connect to this network

1. Media disconnected, cannot connect to this network - Similar Threads - Media disconnected cannot

2. Media disconnected on network adaptors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media disconnected on network adaptors: I have a very odd situation that has arisen, my Lenovo Aspire 6 has stopped sharing files to the rest of my network.Have been down the route of WINSTOCK, Driver updates, network restart, troubleshooting, uninstalling Windows updates back to when it was working.I can ping all...
  3. Media disconnected on network adaptors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media disconnected on network adaptors: I have a very odd situation that has arisen, my Lenovo Aspire 6 has stopped sharing files to the rest of my network.Have been down the route of WINSTOCK, Driver updates, network restart, troubleshooting, uninstalling Windows updates back to when it was working.I can ping all...
  4. Media disconnected on network adaptors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Connected, no internet. Media disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected, no internet. Media disconnected: I didn’t know jack about computers before this morning, so I apologize for any ignorance.My computer decided it didn’t like internet, but it was in love with the wifi connection last night. I thought it was a simple turn it off and back on again fix it wasn’t.After a lot of...
  6. Connected, no internet. Media disconnected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected, no internet. Media disconnected: I didn’t know jack about computers before this morning, so I apologize for any ignorance.My computer decided it didn’t like internet, but it was in love with the wifi connection last night. I thought it was a simple turn it off and back on again fix it wasn’t.After a lot of...
  7. Connected, no internet. Media disconnected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Cannot connect to this network

Cannot connect to this network: I have two Win10 PC's: PC1 and PC2On PC1 I am able to connect to both the WiFi and the Samsung printer via WiFi-direct =everything works fine.Since a short time back I am NOT able to connect to the Samsung printer via WiFi-direct.Trying to fix the problem with the Samsung...
  9. Cannot connect to network

Cannot connect to network: I am suddenly unable to connect to my home Wifi network. This is a new and sudden issue. No recent windows or driver updates. New wireless adapter purchased and also unable to connect. The PC checks network requirements and then fails to connect. Old adapter is a TP-Link...
  10. Media Disconnected after ipconfig/release and cannot connect.

Media Disconnected after ipconfig/release and cannot connect.: So there was an internet outage but I thought it was something to do with my computer. So I went into the elevated cmd prompt and inputed ipconfig/flushdns -> enter ipconfig/registerdns -> enter ipconfig/release -> enter and it failed at ipconfig /renew -> enter....