Windows 10: Media Disconnected on Windows 10

Discus and support Media Disconnected on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey guys. Recently I did ipconfig /release in my command prompt because I was having issues, Upon doing this and doing ipconfig /renew it said "No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shadow_176, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Media Disconnected on Windows 10

Hey guys.

Recently I did ipconfig /release in my command prompt because I was having issues, Upon doing this and doing ipconfig /renew it said "No operation can be performed on Ethernet while it has its media disconnected." I still have my IP Address and stuff but media is disconnected. (Im doing this on a Windows 10 PC?)

:)

Shadow_176, Jun 11, 2019

2. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Jun 11, 2019
  3. colinwebb Win User
    Media disconnected

I have just encountered a problem where I have no internet connection on Windows 10.
    I have tried every last suggestion I found via my iPad search (lots of them) none of which solved the problem.
    I get a main message of “media disconnected” but the cable is okay with a similar problem using a different cable.
    Windows 10 is up to date, funny thing is Virgin Media says “connected but no internet”
    I am at a loss what to try next seemingly exhausting all the theories.
    If there are any suggestions whatsoever I will reply stating if I’ve tried it or not.
    Thanks

colinwebb, Jun 11, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Media Disconnected on Windows 10

IPCONFIG /ALL reveals Media State = Media Disconnected for many users

It is perfectly clear.

Look at my screen shot. The "Ethernet adaptor Local Area Connedtion" doesn't say media disconnected.

That is because there is a cable connected to that connection. That is where my internet and network is coming from. Because that connection doesn't say media disconnected, I have network access and internet access. If I unplug the network cable from my machine, and run it again, it changes to media disconnected.

When you add the /all switch to ipconfig, it shows you every network connection.

The isatap and tunnelling connections that it lists are NOT releated to your ISP. They are actually virtual connections created to handle sending IPv6 packets over a private IPv4 network. It only really applies to very specific conditions, and for the most part will always say media disconnected. You should ignore these, as they have nothing to do with if you are actually connected to a network or the Internet.

newtekie1, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Media Disconnected on Windows 10

1. Media Disconnected on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Media Disconnected

2. External DVD RW connects/disconnects when any media inserted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External DVD RW connects/disconnects when any media inserted: I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop purchased last year running Windows 11 Home with 64bits. I purchased a portable USB powered DVD RW drive and, per drive instructions, plugged it into the back port of my desktop tower. The driver loaded automatically and the drive appeared...
  3. External DVD RW connects/disconnects when any media inserted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External DVD RW connects/disconnects when any media inserted: I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop purchased last year running Windows 11 Home with 64bits. I purchased a portable USB powered DVD RW drive and, per drive instructions, plugged it into the back port of my desktop tower. The driver loaded automatically and the drive appeared...
  4. Media disconnected on network adaptors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media disconnected on network adaptors: I have a very odd situation that has arisen, my Lenovo Aspire 6 has stopped sharing files to the rest of my network.Have been down the route of WINSTOCK, Driver updates, network restart, troubleshooting, uninstalling Windows updates back to when it was working.I can ping all...
  5. Media disconnected on network adaptors

Media disconnected on network adaptors: I have a very odd situation that has arisen, my Lenovo Aspire 6 has stopped sharing files to the rest of my network.Have been down the route of WINSTOCK, Driver updates, network restart, troubleshooting, uninstalling Windows updates back to when it was working.I can ping all...
  6. Media disconnected on network adaptors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Media Tek WiFi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card disconnects randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Media Tek WiFi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card disconnects randomly: OS: Win10Laptop Model: AUS TUF Gaming F15BIOS: BIOS version 310Issue: Media Tek WiFi 6 MT7921 disconnect randomly. I updated Windows 10 on my ASUS TUF Gaming F15, and after that, the driver Media Tek WiFi 6 MT7921 abruptly disconnected. The frequency of disconnection...
  8. Media Tek WiFi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card disconnects randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Tek WiFi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card disconnects randomly: OS: Win10Laptop Model: AUS TUF Gaming F15BIOS: BIOS version 310Issue: Media Tek WiFi 6 MT7921 disconnect randomly. I updated Windows 10 on my ASUS TUF Gaming F15, and after that, the driver Media Tek WiFi 6 MT7921 abruptly disconnected. The frequency of disconnection...
  9. Media Tek WiFi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card disconnects randomly

10. My WiFi Media has been disconnected

My WiFi Media has been disconnected: For the past couple of days, my laptop had been disconnecting from the WiFi and when I go to settings, it had just disappeared and I have to restart my laptop.After restart it works for a min or 2 and same issue arises again.Things I've tried I have done a network reset.I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no operation can be performed on local area connection*12 while it has its media disconnected

2. No operation can be performed on Ethernet while it has its media disconnected.

3. media disconnected ipconfig windows 10