Windows 10: Media Disconnected

Discus and support Media Disconnected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have Windows 10 Version 1803 Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop WI-Fi and Ethernet not connected. Device Manager indicates the Wi-Fi Card and Ethernet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JackBrewer3, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Media Disconnected

Have Windows 10 Version 1803

Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop

WI-Fi and Ethernet not connected.

Device Manager indicates the Wi-Fi Card and Ethernet Controllers are working properly.

Settings – Status – WiFi initially shows Wi-Fi is Off. I toggle it ON and try again, return and the toggle has returned to OFF.

Other devices connect to the wi-fi and ethernet fine

Have tried all of these all the suggestions I've seen in various forums, including:

Troubleshooter does not solve.

Ipconfig/all shows the ethernet and wi-fi as “media disconnected”.

Tried the reset WINSOCK and IP Stack.

Tried ipconfig/flushdns.

Tried ipconfig/release.

Tried Reset TCP/IP.

Made sure network adapter is enabled.

Searched for updated driver, “Windows determined that the best driver is already installed”.

Device Manager does not indicate a red or yellow flag on the adapters.

Took the laptop to another wi-fi hotspot and the device will not show the available networks.

Downloaded a driver from another device to a flash drive and tried to install to the affected device but the device wont recognize the file.

Uninstalled the Wi-Fi Adapter, scanned for Hardware Changes, and restarted.

Same problem

Should I conclude that both of the adapters (both?) are bad?

:)

JackBrewer3, Feb 17, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

IPCONFIG /ALL reveals Media State = Media Disconnected for many users

It is perfectly clear.

Look at my screen shot. The "Ethernet adaptor Local Area Connedtion" doesn't say media disconnected.

That is because there is a cable connected to that connection. That is where my internet and network is coming from. Because that connection doesn't say media disconnected, I have network access and internet access. If I unplug the network cable from my machine, and run it again, it changes to media disconnected.

When you add the /all switch to ipconfig, it shows you every network connection.

The isatap and tunnelling connections that it lists are NOT releated to your ISP. They are actually virtual connections created to handle sending IPv6 packets over a private IPv4 network. It only really applies to very specific conditions, and for the most part will always say media disconnected. You should ignore these, as they have nothing to do with if you are actually connected to a network or the Internet.

newtekie1, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Media disconnected and cannot connect to anything

Hi,

I tried all the steps. When i was doing this

• Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
    • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
    In the third step, ipconfig/ rease no operations can be performed as media is disconnected. This error comes for Bluetooth, wlan and wifi all.

I tried troubleshooting network adapter also but in vain.

Please let me know the next steps.

jigyasujuneja, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Media Disconnected

"media disconnected" error message on Windows 10.

Hi,

I tried all the steps. When i was doing this

• Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
    • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
    In the third step, ipconfig/ rease no operations can be performed as media is disconnected. This error comes for Bluetooth, wlan and wifi all.

I tried troubleshooting network adapter also but in vain.

Please let me know the next steps.

jigyasujuneja, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Media Disconnected

1. Media Disconnected - Similar Threads - Media Disconnected

2. External DVD RW connects/disconnects when any media inserted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External DVD RW connects/disconnects when any media inserted: I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop purchased last year running Windows 11 Home with 64bits. I purchased a portable USB powered DVD RW drive and, per drive instructions, plugged it into the back port of my desktop tower. The driver loaded automatically and the drive appeared...
  3. External DVD RW connects/disconnects when any media inserted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External DVD RW connects/disconnects when any media inserted: I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop purchased last year running Windows 11 Home with 64bits. I purchased a portable USB powered DVD RW drive and, per drive instructions, plugged it into the back port of my desktop tower. The driver loaded automatically and the drive appeared...
  4. Media disconnected on network adaptors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media disconnected on network adaptors: I have a very odd situation that has arisen, my Lenovo Aspire 6 has stopped sharing files to the rest of my network.Have been down the route of WINSTOCK, Driver updates, network restart, troubleshooting, uninstalling Windows updates back to when it was working.I can ping all...
  5. Media disconnected on network adaptors

Media disconnected on network adaptors: I have a very odd situation that has arisen, my Lenovo Aspire 6 has stopped sharing files to the rest of my network.Have been down the route of WINSTOCK, Driver updates, network restart, troubleshooting, uninstalling Windows updates back to when it was working.I can ping all...
  6. Media disconnected on network adaptors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Media Tek WiFi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card disconnects randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Media Tek WiFi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card disconnects randomly: OS: Win10Laptop Model: AUS TUF Gaming F15BIOS: BIOS version 310Issue: Media Tek WiFi 6 MT7921 disconnect randomly. I updated Windows 10 on my ASUS TUF Gaming F15, and after that, the driver Media Tek WiFi 6 MT7921 abruptly disconnected. The frequency of disconnection...
  8. Media Tek WiFi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card disconnects randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Tek WiFi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card disconnects randomly: OS: Win10Laptop Model: AUS TUF Gaming F15BIOS: BIOS version 310Issue: Media Tek WiFi 6 MT7921 disconnect randomly. I updated Windows 10 on my ASUS TUF Gaming F15, and after that, the driver Media Tek WiFi 6 MT7921 abruptly disconnected. The frequency of disconnection...
  9. Media Tek WiFi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card disconnects randomly

10. My WiFi Media has been disconnected

My WiFi Media has been disconnected: For the past couple of days, my laptop had been disconnecting from the WiFi and when I go to settings, it had just disappeared and I have to restart my laptop.After restart it works for a min or 2 and same issue arises again.Things I've tried I have done a network reset.I...