Windows 10: Media driver error when installing Windows 10 on USB 3.0

Discus and support Media driver error when installing Windows 10 on USB 3.0 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to install windows 10 on a 3.0 USB, on a Ubuntu Linux(version 20.04.1) computer but not able to because of a media driver error. I know the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Golden_req, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Media driver error when installing Windows 10 on USB 3.0

I'm trying to install windows 10 on a 3.0 USB, on a Ubuntu Linux(version 20.04.1) computer but not able to because of a media driver error. I know the iso isn't corrupt, I ran a checksum and created a virtual machine.I flashed the iso first on balanca etcher and mounting the iso, so I could copy and paste the files, both ended with the same error.

I tried using the USB 3.0 slot on my laptop(blue slot), and the 2.0 slot(orange slot), both resulted in the same error. Then I'd thought that I would try installing Windows 8 to upgrade to windows 10 but I have no luck, still says missing media driver.

I've read the USB 3.0 doesn't work but the USB 2.0 does, I don't have a USB 2.0 to try it so I wouldn't know.

Computer specs: specs

submitted by /u/Golden_req
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Golden_req, Oct 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Oct 20, 2020
  3. DarkEgo Win User
    Error when installing Win7

when Installing Windows 7 I get an error saying ""A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now. Note: If the windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step." What should I do to get Windows to install?

DarkEgo, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Media driver error when installing Windows 10 on USB 3.0

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Media driver error when installing Windows 10 on USB 3.0

1. Media driver error when installing Windows 10 on USB 3.0 - Similar Threads - Media driver error

2. A media driver is missing when installing windows from a usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A media driver is missing when installing windows from a usb: Hello, I have an Msi gp63 laptop that i am installing windows on, i just installed a new crucial p3 ssd in place of my old boot ssd and i am installing windows from a usb drive from an image created from Microsoft media creation tool which i burned on a usb stick with rufus,...
  3. A media driver is missing when installing windows from a usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A media driver is missing when installing windows from a usb: Hello, I have an Msi gp63 laptop that i am installing windows on, i just installed a new crucial p3 ssd in place of my old boot ssd and i am installing windows from a usb drive from an image created from Microsoft media creation tool which i burned on a usb stick with rufus,...
  4. A media driver is missing when installing windows from a usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 install from shipped USB 3 media

Windows 10 install from shipped USB 3 media: Hi, I just received my install copy of Windows 10 Pro on a USB drive. The USB drive is apparently USB 3 media. Although the system I am going to install to has USB 3 ports, they are via an extension card, and the system will not boot from the USB 3 ports, only the USB 2...
  6. Windows 10 USB Install- Media Driver Missing

Windows 10 USB Install- Media Driver Missing: Hey y'all, I have been trying to fix this for a while now. When I try to install Windows on my new system, I get fed out the "Media driver missing" message. I have seen all the other people having this issue, and tried a ton of different responses. I have tried switching...
  7. Place the install media for windows 10 on a bootable USB 3

Place the install media for windows 10 on a bootable USB 3: How do I make a USB 3 thumb drive that will boot and install a fresh copy of Windows 10 - current build? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/place-the-install-media-for-windows-10-on-a/cbbc2aa6-7fcf-484f-bc65-a75a362f5150
  8. Windows 10 install fail--missing media drivers (USB)

Windows 10 install fail--missing media drivers (USB): I've seen several guides on how to fix this, but none seem to help. I'm running a Fujitsu s751. Things I've tried: Changing USB ports Checking if the ISO is corrupt Using a different storage device Installing Intel Rapid share drivers Wiping the drive (...
  9. Media Driver is missing - Windows 10 USB Flash installation

Media Driver is missing - Windows 10 USB Flash installation: Hi. I had Windows 10 installed on my PC, but, after a W10 update, I realized that I couldn't get to the BIOS during bootup ("press F2/Del" screen wasn't appearing anymore), so I decided to clean install Windows 10. This exact same thing already happened to me some months...
  10. Media Creation Tool is stuck on 0% when i try to install win 10 on usb

Media Creation Tool is stuck on 0% when i try to install win 10 on usb: Before you answer this i would also like to know if there is any way to upgrade from windows 7 enterprise? If there isnt can you tell me why this wont move its been on 0% for 2 hours now! Thanks Paul [img] 10865